Tried to get out a little

Was hoping to get out to the nearshore reefs yesterday but it was to rough for my ride.

Went ahead and joined the armada on one of the rips in the river instead…Nothing!

After lunch it slicked off nicely so we decided to look for a cruiser. Rode for miles and miles and miles and didn’t see a fish:face_with_head_bandage:.

There were a couple Cobia Tourneys yesterday. If anyone knows the results, please post em up.

Thanks,
NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

I heard a 60# was caught at the bridge - 30 minutes b4 weigh in - and it won. Thats all I heard.

186 Bone Flats Boat
140 Suzuki fourstroke

Thanks Blair, by the way, caught a trout on the sabiki while at the rip. Only about 8" but that was a first.

Maybe it was a Weakfish, since it didn’t pull to hard:smiley:.

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

We were out with the flotilla also on Saturday, set up on the hump. Missed one good bite and that was it. Didn’t see anyone around us catch anything either. At about one we ran to the General Gordon and tried it there. We had enough chum and fresh bait to get several good sharks, but didn’t find any cobia. We checked every turtle we passed on the way in and out also.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I have pics of both fish at the weigh in for the Last Chance tounament. Will post them up later.

Found this one yesterday. #49 gutted, so right around #60. Good video to come.

Found these couple a few days before.

www.JigSkinz.com

now you’re just showing off…

good catching!

quote:
Originally posted by baracuda

now you’re just showing off…

good catching!

I just do the easy stuff, drive and gaff.

www.JigSkinz.com

Yep, braggin lol…tell jr. I said hello.

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

Fished Saturday for the last chance tourney…only 2 were weighed in…a 60.8 # took the prize and like a 26# took second…there was 16 boats on the rip we fished and as I came in to drop off a passenger count 42 boats in 3 spots the bulk of em at the bridge…fished farther out Sundayall day long…setup aanticipating the tide change set out our chem and a boat pulled in behind us could’ve tied to our motor and let his line out he was directly behind us 50-70 yards…he put one in the boat around 38-40 inches… His wife ( I’m guessing) was on the gaff…once and done…she looked like she knew how to use it…

quote:
Originally posted by BFTRiverrat

Fished Saturday for the last chance tourney…only 2 were weighed in…a 60.8 # took the prize and like a 26# took second…there was 16 boats on the rip we fished and as I came in to drop off a passenger count 42 boats in 3 spots the bulk of em at the bridge…fished farther out Sundayall day long…setup aanticipating the tide change set out our chem and a boat pulled in behind us could’ve tied to our motor and let his line out he was directly behind us 50-70 yards…he put one in the boat around 38-40 inches… His wife ( I’m guessing) was on the gaff…once and done…she looked like she knew how to use it…

I’m guessing your chum helped them out. Sucks when folk’s get that close.

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

Captain Woody’s tournament had 6 fish, winner 62 lbs.

The smiles on those two in the first pic…priceless!

Key West 1900
Bazinga

Nice fish Courtland!

2007 Scout 221 150 Yamaha 4 stroke