troubleshooting a WEN 2000W inverter generator

Get Big Bonz to hold the plug and pull the starter cord…if he slaps the stool out of you, the plug is good. You are grounding the plug…right?

Better yet. have Mrs Bonz hold the plug while you give the cord a good pull! If it has spark she’ll let you know and she’ll show you how to kick start it!

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

You are grounding the plug…right?

see post above about being small engine dumb…if I unscrew the plug and just leave it in the cap, and try to crank it, should I see a spark? that’s where I wasn’t seeing any spark on the “gap” end…oh man, the boys are gonna have fun with this one…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Ah, you big sissy, pull the plug hold it in your hand and give in little pull on the cord! If it has spark you’ll feel it and it won’t kill you! You won’t hold on long enough for any damage! Or if your scared, pull the plug and let it sit on the metal engine block near where the plug came out! Turn off the lights and give it a pull!If it has spark you’ll see and hear it! Make sure the metal on the plug is touching the metal on the engine so it’s grounded!

quote:
if I unscrew the plug and just leave it in the cap, and try to crank it, should I see a spark?

No. The metal casing of the plug must be grounded to the engine to get a spark. And be careful there isn’t any spilled gas in the area. As said above, better to get your wife or an ignorant friend to hold the plug on the engine while you pull the rope. Both will probably hate you later if it sparks [:0]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

This is worth staying up late

quote:
better to get your wife or an ignorant friend to hold the plug on the engine while you pull the rope. Both will probably hate you later if it sparks

Or you could just use a short jumper cable with alligator clips on the ends. Connect one end to the engine block anywhere, the other to the threaded part of the plug. Your wife won’t be mad at you for a week :face_with_head_bandage:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

It could make the news...
quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy
quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

It could make the news...

new insurance policy taken out this morning…also bought wife some flowers…now she is suspicious…might just use the clips like Cracker Larry suggested…he’s not trying to kill me off or get me divorced :wink:

Should have bought a honda.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

If you do happen to get killed off, do you think Mrs. Bonz, will date again:question: If so, how soon after, can I expect it:question::imp:

wow Easy, a little early dont you think. Cantore been working here long before you showed up. pretty sure he’s in the lead if something goes south

Cantor, ain’t got nothin on me! He might have more money, but I darn sure have more hair than Bonzo and him combined!

Bonz, did you get that POS running:question:

radio silent

he’s mad

or worse

If he waits and brings it to the Oyster Roast, he can sell it on the trash/what not, table!

Bonzo,
Don’t want to take away from you
fun, but if you haven’t got it running
by next week I will be down an get it
running for you.

Really don’t want to mess with the
lesson you are getting from this.

But is getting older by the day. lol

This generator isn’t for lighting the lighthouse is it? Otherwise I suggest candles and a lot of mirrors.

I’m getting back on this today and will advise…no shocks, no burns and no cursing…yet…
I appreciate all the kind words, the flowers, texts, calls, messages, carrier pigeons, etc…you guys really do care…

Yeah but Bonz, you don’t get it! They were for Mrs. Bonz:face_with_head_bandage: