troubleshooting a WEN 2000W inverter generator

replaced spark plug, made sure there is gas in the bowl…still no start…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

replaced spark plug, made sure there is gas in the bowl…still no start…

Pull the plug and hold against the frame(with the plug wire on it) and pull the starter cord and make sure it has spark. If it does, put it back in and remove the air filter and spray starter fluid into carb unchoked and pull the starter cord.

Well???This generator is idiot proof:

CHECK THE OIL Oil consumption is normal during generator use. The generator is equipped with a low oil pressure shutoff to protect it from damage. The oil level of the engine should be checked before each use to ensure that the engine crankcase contains sufficient lubricant.

ESC switch off
Open fuel vacuum relief valve…
Put it on Bonzos Bargins

there is plenty of oil…
ESC switch has been off…
Fuel vac relief valve has been open…
Fritz wants to buy it now…

let’s check that term “idiot proof”…I’m Bonzo and I approve this message…

seriously though there is no spark from the plug…I have it grounded multiple ways and still no spark…everything else you recommended checks out, but the spark…

Have you turned the on/off switch to the ON position?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Here’s the wiring diagram:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1037318/Wen-56200i.html?page=29#manual

There is a circuit breaker but shouldn’t have any effect. All switches on and oil sensor is not stuck in “empty” position.
No spark and it is not going to start…period.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Have you turned the on/off switch to the ON position?

trust me, I wish it was that simple and idiot proof…there is no on/off switch…you just turn it to choke and open the fuel vent and pull…well, at least that’s what they say to do…

See the troubleshooting page about removing the plug and turning off the 3 way switch and pull 4 times? Maybe it will reset the ground on the circuit board. Your grounding out somewhere…

Flip the 3 way switch back and forth…maybe stuck in off position and the switch is moving.

done…nothing…removed the side panels and I see the cable/switch moving when I toggle back and forth between OFF, ON and CHOKE…
the red OVERLOAD light does come on when I pull it hard…don’t remember seeing that when it was working…it’s got to be something with no spark because everything else that you mentioned seems to be in place…

No choke and check for spark…Easy pulling with the plug out so don’t give up yet.

What is warranty on the WEN 2000W inverter generator? Do you know how to speak Chinese?

The “idiot” proof wasn’t directed at you. There are so many sensors that ground out the spark at the coil ie cutoff on lawn mower when you get off the seat…they fail and are planned to fail so you require service. Last option is to check your “sensors” with a volt meter for continuity…take it to a small engine repair and take the hit. I bypass my “idiot” sensors when I buy something that has them. They usually fail a couple of days out of warranty.

mdaddy, trust me, I take no offense at all to the “idiot” proof comment…I said it myself, I just don’t know small engine repair…I’m comfortable with my ignorance…I’ll get back on it tomorrow and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate y’all keeping up with this soap opera…Fritz still wants to sell me his 2000W Honda run quiet for $5,995…Ima hold off for a few days…

quote:
Originally posted by UT_VOLS13

What is warranty on the WEN 2000W inverter generator? Do you know how to speak Chinese?

#25105;#27809;#26377;#24615;#20132;#30340;#32447;#32034;#22914;#20309;#35762;#20013;#25991;

well, that was supposed to be the Cantonese translation of I don’t have an effing clue how to speak Cantonese…

Bonz, just order the #116 and you can’t go wrong:wink:

Bonzo72 it’s not a matter of ignorance. You paid good money for a product and it shouldn’t fail because of planned obsolescence. It’s a shame. America made products that lasted and had American ingenuity. Simple design…simple repair. Plenty still present today…just not realized by the powers that be.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

Bonzo72 it’s not a matter of ignorance. You paid good money for a product and it shouldn’t fail because of planned obsolescence. It’s a shame. America made products that lasted and had American ingenuity. Simple design…simple repair. Plenty still present today…just not realized by the powers that be.

roger that…I’m just playing the “ignorant” card…simple isn’t always so simple…it took me three places to find an equal to the “simple” spark plug…I guess you pay for what you get, right?

Want me to see if Penny will come over and start it for you?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

OUCH!