trying again in about 100 feet

next weekend im going again in georgia waters weather permitting, but this time the dive club is running 3 tank trip in about 100 feet from my understanding. the biggest thing im hoping to get is a grouper, but what else big am i likely to find aside from the extinct and endangered red snapper that deep this time of year? is there much chance for beeliners, lane snapper, cubera snapper and the likes too or need to go farther than 100 for those? im also open to grab a lobster or 2 given the opportunity. any input from people that have speared in 100 feet is appreciated.

Right now there should be plenty of b liners and bsb there. Plenty of small and large grouper and tons of the extinct red snapper for sure. Lobsters and slipper lobsters will be present too at that depth. PM me if you have any other questions. I dive often out of beaufort sc.

last weekend i was in 55 feet and saw a couple gags id be willing to put at about 30" so hopefully theres more further out where it doesnt get as pressured. grouper is the big thing i want but i wont shy away from low hanging fruit of b liners, big sea bass, or anything else either.

Shy all the way away from them. You could grouper fish all day and catch beeliners instead. You could get a limit of grouper in one dive. Fish, dive, rinse, repeat.

at least where im at you can shoot 1 gag and it has to be 24" minimum and others in my dive club havent mentioned anything but gags grouper wise. im hoping i can at least get a fat gag in the process! grabbing a lobster would be another plus.

This summer I do plan to get to the CHS 60. I have a diver buddy also who may want to join. I’n not a diver yet. Someday.