Wadboo turned to Wad of Poo

Ok here is my inshore report:: i was told to fish wadboo creek and would catch bass, brim, crappie and strypers etc etc etc, we went as far up as we could get ,there was a large tree across the river that stopped us and then we went back all the way to the cooper , not even a strike, we had curly tail grubs, short white grubs, green jigs, red jigs, white jigs, worms, spinners , flies, poppers i even tried the electric chicken, what were we doing wrong, that was my first (and last) time up there and it looked like a scene from a fishing show at every turn, i mean it looked like fish should have been everywhere you cast,if i were a fish i would be there,but i should have known better, when we got to the little landing and there were no other boats there by 11 am that spoke volumes, now i know why, but any help or advice would be appreciated i normally fish yellow house or clouter creek in the saltwater, fresh water fishing is new to me, and i found out today that i suck at freshwater fishing just as bad as i suck at salt water fishing, maybe i should just sell hotdogs at the landings. help please

Whats the Hotdog landing schedule?

you want that with mustard?, i am practicing

If someone sold hotdogs at Bushy Park landing - I’d buy one.

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
Personal Trout Slot Limit: 16"-20" Creel: 2

I would buy a hotdog also, anyways I’ve only had luck with live bait under a bobber. Most fish can’t resist a bait fish in distress? I try to have mud minnows and finger mullett… Don’t give up

never turn ur back on a worm or cricket nothing can resist that if u wanna catch bass and bream crappie cats bass etc go to the goose creek resevoir everything loves night crawlers and crickets catch alot of nice fish there all the time

cant cach em at work

never turn ur back on a worm or cricket nothing can resist that if u wanna catch bass and bream crappie cats bass etc go to the goose creek resevoir everything loves night crawlers and crickets catch alot of nice fish there all the time

cant cach em at work

Your retrieve. Slow it way down, almost forget about it out there, then drag a half inch.

i think i will stick with saltwater but i do want to learn new techniques , i would like to catch fish of any kind i will keep trying and will try your suggestions by using live bait , i know they call it fishing not catching, but i want to catch something,i like cat fish and hot dogs and the hotdog wagon is at cypress gardens landing during the summer … love those chili dogs and cold beer (beer is not on menu from hotdog wagon)

Some People Create Their Own Storms And Then Cry When It Rains!

ok i googled the goose creek reservoir, my question is ,is bettis boat landing the only place to launch your boat, and are there any water hazards to watch out for like stumps etc, how deep is it and can you go anywhere on it in a 16ft jon boat with a 40 hp yamaha? and what should i use for bait in the winter , any help will help, now i have the smaller boat it has opened up new avenues of fishing, so i gonna try all i can…
thanks

Hot Dogs sound great but you have to stick with it to be successful on the waters. Even the best of us reporting get a snag here or there but we continue to do it. As for fresh water fishing; I get out with my partner every ONCE in awhile for some crappie but! for me to put my boat in fresh water to fish does not happen. I enjoy a fresh water panfish but someone normally gives it too me.

“Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education”

18’ CC SeaFox

cant cach em at work

dont know why it keeps posting the same thing but worms crickets and minnows in gcr i believe that is the only landing but you can go anywhere in there i have a 17.5 jon boat with a 70 neverhad any problems there are a few stumps but pretty obvious. where they are there are lots of fish there big shellcracker cats bass crappie

cant cach em at work

dont know why it keeps posting the same thing but worms crickets and minnows in gcr i believe that is the only landing but you can go anywhere in there i have a 17.5 jon boat with a 70 neverhad any problems there are a few stumps but pretty obvious. where they are there are lots of fish there big shellcracker cats bass crappie

cant cach em at work

thanks guys , i,m not giving up i am just starting up, maybe i need to slow down and concentrate on what i know works and practice that and slowly spread out, instead of jumping all over the place,(however it is fun scouting out all these new places) i like being able to fish all day on 10 to 15 dollars worth of gas , woo hoo i’ll work it out , thanks again

I live 2 min from GCR and have put my 20ft deepv center console in there. It’s a little big for that pond, but you can still get on plane for a few minutes. lol.
It’s pretty shallow. I think I saw a channel in the middle that hit 11ft on the depth finder, so about 12ft max. Most of the resivior is only a few feet deep.
When you put in, go to the right. Start fishing that bank all the way around and past the dam. I’ve pulled some Largemouth bass out of there on Mepps yellow bucktails.

I’ve watched people use super light carolina rigs for brim.
Keep hunting you will find them.

i am hooking up my depth finder tomorrow and i am willing to try it out there, i will use live bait and see what happens, i am so used to trolling it is hard for me to sit still for more than a few minutes but from what i am reading on site here i probably need to be more patient and sit longer

theres sum big trees out in the middle if you go to the left from the landing around the first bend like 5 mins from the landing cant missem caught lots of bream and cat fish off of them trees

cant cach em at work

lol i know how to fish freshwater pretty good but im trying to learn this saltwater ive ben like four times my whole life and two was this month

cant cach em at work

i want to try different avenues of fishing and i’ve never been gigging, the small boat has really opened up some doors for me inshore,i have to calm down and be patient, i think that has been my biggest problem, offshore trolling it is hustle hustle run run but inshore and bottom fishing is getting to be fun,slow down and enjoy the scenery and the company, and a cool beverage as well… i will try the gcr for some bream and cats if that don’t work i can always sell the hotdogs, i know of some who will buy them lol