Warm Temperatures Keep Anglers Active

When I arrived at the boat ramp Saturday morning I was surprised to find the parking was full. I was able to find one spot left and was off to try to catch a fish. I knew the weather was due to be much warmer than normal and thought there would be more than the usual crowd at the ramp, but had no idea that the ramp would be at capacity. On the way back to the dock I was thinking that most of the people I saw would be people that were just out for a boat ride, not people that were interested in catching fish. What I found as the crowd was pulling out at the landing was that most of the boats were loaded with rods and had in fact been fishing.

Last year we experienced a much warmer than normal winter, which rolled right into an early spring. Fishing stayed steady throughout the winter. This year so far has been very similar. The inshore fishing has remained very good and the fish are very active. If you were like many that packed up their fishing gear and put their boats in winter mode, it may be time to dust off the tackle (if it had any time to accumulate dust) and get out on the water. I am sure we will get another blast or so of winter weather, but if this year is anything last year, these days will just be a small speed bump between some great fishing weather.

Andy Pickett
CharlestonFishing.Com
</font id=“blue”>