Went to folly 8 27 21

Set up and fished for big sharks and to keep me busy i brought smaller gear also. The big sharks were none existent except for a nice size blacktip way way out.
Fished shrimp in the suds on my 7ft 3000 and 4000 series setups got a whiting, a pomp and 2 reds just under slot. I only had about a dozen fresh caught shrimp and the bite was slow but decent fish. On my mid size setups saltist 50 on a 12ft rod. I fished fresh caught menhadden behind the breakers to about 200 yds out mostly sharpnose sharks out far nothing in close but crabs and got a mix of bigger 4ft to 6ft sharks red fish and crab action behind the breakers. Caught 7 sharks a finetooth a bonnet a blacktip and 4 sharpnose. Lost a massive red (maybe 50) in the surf. Mullet and menhadden everywhere right now. The dolphins were around all day kind of kiling my fishing.

In conclusion the reds are here. I heard iop pier (private) had a good run of them recently and that sullivans is producing them also.

Maybe next trip i get my first big red of the year and maybe crack 40

We fished the incoming last Saturday on folly and the bite was on fire. Group next to us brought in 4 bulls, I lost a monster about a minute into the fight and my buddy lost one right in front of us. Caught a few blues, a giant lady fish and a couple small blacktips. Huge school of bunker was running up and down the beach all day, birds, dolphins and whatever was under them were blowing up pretty much the entire time. But yeah the bull reds are definitely staged in the surf right now.