What a beautiful day

Left Hoagans Marina at 6AM with my son…usually not up till 11AM…left on outgoing tide with rollers offshore…16-18 knts. to M2R6 at about 9ish…don’t keep up with time so much anymore…trolled looking for dolphin and east side for sailfish.

Birds working off the tower so trolled the edges. I dragged a Strike Lure that SurfFish123 gave me with the beautiful 25TLDs I purchased from him and it produced… 4 Little Tunny (Bonita, False Albacore) and all released without the gaff. What a strong, hardy fish. Trolled to the middle banks for anything and a big cuda inhaled a cedar plug…released with a sore jaw. Started bottom fishing on bottom at the middle banks…no bait clouds and fish tight on the bottom. Couple of small bank bass and tomtates. Went to an old ledge drop and caught a huge white grunt…my son said keep him or let him go…I’ve cooked one before(baked) and said …up to you…let him go…caught a huge black bass the next drop cause there was No Wind and little current…both the grunt and black bass were spitting up small scallops…first I had ever seen that.
Fish were not there. No bait on the sabki except a small squid and some tiny cigar minnows. Same ledge and some beeliners on the sabki for live bait. 3 more black bass and 2 white grunts and that was it.
My boy says 2 more drops cause its 5:30 and I drop the sabki and get nailed…30# braid on a baitrunner with a sabki terminal…loosened the drag and after some coaxing…about a 10# reef donkey…me and my boy just wanted to see it and had a ball. 21-22 knts. to the barn…101.3 miles on 70± gals. What a beautiful day.

The Pictures:

The Boat:

The Lure:

The Rods:

My Son:

[img]http://www.ch