What happens if your dad won't listen

Here is the deal. Me and my dad don’t see eye to eye on how to fish but I catch more fish then he does he says we should troll I say we bottom and he says that we should use a cork I say no idk if any body has help plz reply

Before one feels elated and makes planes he must secure his “fish”

Get your own boat!

1971 NEWPORT DAYSAILER 21’
1970 MAKO CC 22’

I smell a troll.

He is your dad, it is his boat, he probably pays for everything?

Nuff Sed.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Yep, I agree with DF! It’s the Golden Rule (He, that has the Gold, makes the rules)[:0]

quote:
Originally posted by OccamsRaiser

I smell a troll.

there has been an abundance of inane posts lately…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by OccamsRaiser

I smell a troll.

He has posted a ton of posts recently all over the place. I tend to agree…

[img=left]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/peanut140/d25b11b9-0c3d-4250-bcd4-7b6695a31921.jpg[/img=left]180 Pioneer Islander 115 Yammie Go Tigers!

He says, “We should troll.” You say, “OK dad, sounds good. By the way, thanks for bringing me with you today. If we don’t have any luck trolling, want to bottom fish a little later?”

13ft Whaler with 25hp Johnson

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

He says, “We should troll.” You say, “OK dad, sounds good. By the way, thanks for bringing me with you today. If we don’t have any luck trolling, want to bottom fish a little later?”

13ft Whaler with 25hp Johnson

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

Pretty much the only way. In honesty it was the same scenario for me. Say "dad we can troll for x amount of time" but after that if we don't do any good I want x amount of time to attempt it my way"

14’ Skiff-“Redfish Reaper”

My dad doesn’t listen to me even tho I catch more fish then he does but yea he is my dad and I could ask for a better one thanks

It sounds like you are young so I will give you this advice. Enjoy the time you get to spend with your Dad. Whether you catch any fish or not, it will be time well spent and will be looked back on fondly one day. I wish I had spent more time with mine.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller_time2

may I ask what this means?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

It means, don’t get happy and go to work for Boeing making planes, until you have your fish locked up:wink:

So go fishing before work? I like that!

I have an Uncle that’s a pediatrician, his favorite thing to ask teenagers is - “Have you noticed your parents getting really stupid lately?”

The older you get the smarter your dad will seem! :slight_smile:

some people just have ways that they PREFER to fish!
one such example is some people would rather fish artificials for trout or bass(reds), although the number of bites is usually skewed, more towards live bait. Give him his jollys since you are on his boat and show that youre responsible…earn his trust, give due respect to “the captain” and for pete sake dont argue!~~~ before long you could earn permission to take the boat to fish wherever and however you please. when that time comes, just remember to save him a couple nice fillets :wink:

best advise is to learn what you can from his strategy, what does/doesn’t work(tide stage,lure color,etc.) it will make you a better and more well rounded fisherman in the long run.

Ryan~

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

It sounds like you are young so I will give you this advice. Enjoy the time you get to spend with your Dad. Whether you catch any fish or not, it will be time well spent and will be looked back on fondly one day. I wish I had spent more time with mine.

This is some great advice.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

[/URL]

Go trolling with your dad and be joyful over whatever you catch, and save the lousy days for good laughs later on.

When you’re old enough to afford your own boat, fish however you want to.

If you make a big deal out of this now with your dad, you absolutely will regret it later on after he’s gone. My dad took me fishing a lot, but he was far, far from a pro (except crappie, he could catch crappie out of a ditch if he wanted to). We got skunked a lot, and I often asked him to go fish in certain places/ways, but we always did whatever it was he decided. Often, it was a flop. I have no regrets whatsoever, we loved every minute of it.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

It means, don’t get happy and go to work for Boeing making planes, until you have your fish locked up:wink:

You guys are killin’ me…:smiley:

I mean my dad can catch fish don’t get me wrong, but I’d like to try new things