What happens if your dad won't listen

What? Did you just say something?

My advise to you is to use spell check. Your inability to write a comprehendible sentence is killing me. It is kind of amusing though.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller_time2

Here is the deal. Me and my dad (My dad and I)</font id=“red”> don’t see eye to eye on how to fish,</font id=“red”> but I catch more fish then he does.</font id=“red”> H</font id=“red”>e says we should troll,</font id=“red”> I say we bottom and he says that we should use a cork,</font id=“red”> I say no.</font id=“red”> idk if any body has help( I don’t know if anyone can help.)</font id=“red”> plz reply.(I’ll let this stay, as much as I hate text abbreviations)</font id=“red”>

Before one feels elated and makes planes he must secure his “fish”
( I’m not sure what this means. Maybe Miller_time2 can explain it.)</font id=“red”>

Proper grammar, punctuation and spelling can be a very helpful thing.:wink:

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

quote:
Originally posted by Happy Bob
quote:

Here is the deal. Me and my dad (My dad and I)</font id=“red”> don’t see eye to eye on how to fish,</font id=“red”> but I catch more fish then he does.</font id=“red”> H</font id=“red”>e says we should troll,</font id=“red”> I say we bottom and he says that we should use a cork,</font id=“red”> I say no.</font id=“red”> idk if any body has help( I don’t know if anyone can help.)</font id=“red”> plz reply.(I’ll let this stay, as much as I hate text abbreviations)</font id=“red”>

( I’m not sure what this means. Maybe Miller_time2 can explain it.)</font id=“red”>

Proper grammar, punctuation and spelling can be a very helpful thing.:wink:

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

MillerTime2 weiner joke in 3…2…1…

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

…the harbor was slick as an eel pecker.

I got to take my Dad Fishing Once (in my Boat)…after all the years as a kid, clamming, crabbing, fishing…Be Happy you have a Dad

Woodfloats?

quote:
Originally posted by muttsandjeff

My advise advice</font id=“red”> to you is to use spell check. Your inability to write a comprehendible sentence is killing me. It is kind of amusing though.

Speaking of amusing. :sunglasses::smiley:

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

I don’t care about spelling its a forum not one of my school projects

You seem to like to post a 1000 questions and listen to all these strangers. Maybe you should close your laptop and listen to your dad for a change. I wish i still had that option. Lost my dad when i was 18 and now I’m 55 and i cant tell you how much i miss listening to him.

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

I am 18 now and I have heard my dad talk about how much he wishes his dad was still around (lost him at age 17 suddenly), so I make sure I listen to him and cherish every moment spent with him because you never know when it could be over. So just listen to him and appreciate the time spent with him.

quote:

I understand that this is a forum, not a “school project”, but proper(or somewhat proper) use of the American English language is greatly appreciated here and in everyday life. You might not care now, but what about when you’re applying for a job or at a interview for a job?

Spend time with your Dad. Talk with him. There is probably a lot to be learned by both of you. There’s so much I lost with my Dad because I knew it all & wouldn’t listen to him. I learned more in the year before he died than I did my whole life. And I regret not listening to him when I was younger.

I never knew he didn’t like pancakes. My Mom cooked them every other weekend.:smiley:He never told her.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Bottom fishing is for girls! Maybe you should troll!

quote:

I’m saying this charitably, certainly not trying to be a pig or anything, but I assume that you ask questions here with the intent of being understood and getting decent answers.

When you type with disregard to grammar and spelling, you make yourself look really juvenile (in a bad sense), and the attitude that you have toward your father seems to just make you look even that much more petty.

Has it yet occurred to you that school requires good grammar because they are training you for life in the real world? Grammar, above nearly anything else, is the thing you need to be taking from school and putting into use in normal life.

Feel free to text your friends using whatever shorthand you want, but if you’re going to post questions on a discussion forum, we need to be able to read them.

Again, I’m not trying to be a smartass. I’m hoping you’ll realize that folks here are trying to help you. There are a few who are dogging you and insulting you for whatever reason, but there are folks here genuinely trying to help you. And “how to catch fish” appears to be at the bottom of the list in things you can use some help with.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

quote:
Originally posted by Redfish_matt

Feel free to text your friends using whatever shorthand you want, but if you’re going to post questions on a discussion forum, we need to be able to read them.

^^^most excellent…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Miller Time, the advice you have gotten is good. but it isn’t going to solve your problem. Here is what you do. Next time you and dad go fishing, as soon as the boat is launched, tell him "get your ass up, I’m driving. Then say “today we are going to fish my way. Get back there and start rigging”. If he says something…no, before he can say anything, go up side that head. This will be even more effective if you do it in front of people. I’m feel sure this will resolve the issue of you not agreeing with the way he wants to fish. Don’t listen to these proper grammar goody two-shoes.

[quote]Originally posted by Miller_time2

I find that when you take liberties with spelling and grammar for posts on the internet, it spills over to your real life work, school and communications. The more effort you take to use proper spelling and grammar on less important communications, the better your overall communication skills become. Think of it as a sport. The more you practice your hoop shots, soccer kicks, etc., the more you become consistent in making them and improve your overall ability. Proper writing can work in the same way.

I’m good with cummunication I love meeting and talking to new people

Sure you are.

Yea I actually am haha good joke but I love every minute spending with my dad and I love what he does for me I just wish we could do stuff my way

7cs love your advice to miller_time. Tried something like that with my dad when i was16. Not the smartest thing I ever did. Found out how fast he could move and I wasn’t in his league when he was pissed off. So miller time if your dad is anything like my dad I would think twice before following that advice. Oh my son learned the same lesson. Must be a right of passage.

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

quote:
I'm good with cummunication

Maybe not so good at spelling :smiley: Which does help us all to communicate better. I do like your enthusiasm :sunglasses:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose