What I Just Ate

A bologna sammich and some pineapple slices is a 5 star meal on the boat! Making me hungry this morning…

When I broke my neck I spent sometime on the trauma Ward at San Diego medical center…
Had a guy come in that had his head split open from a split rim. He was in a coma for almost 3 months. Nothing nice about them.

When I had the shop we had a cage built that could contain one (supposedly) if inflated improperly.

I think it was back in the Bush days, there are still a couple around being used as fire rings.

Had a buddy that was trying to get a wheelbarrow tire to set to the rim. He put them in a 5 gallon bucket and shot air in hoping that would seat the tire to the rim. It worked, but when he looked into the bucket to remove the air chuck he lost about 30% of his head. Really, just gone.

Dead before he hit the floor.

Geeze, Ive used ether to get split rims to seat back in my ignorant youth. Just plain dumb luck I lived to tell that story i guess

1 Like

I’ve got a cage and all and when I have done split rims I would only air to 25 ish psi until I had em completely mounted on Vehicle and then finished taking them up to 105. I’d say we are the last generation to have stories on these things… Hopefully so anyway. Old boy up in Estill lost an arm and an eye from one. Lucky to be alive. Another dangerous thing are the wedge locks used to mount them junk rims. Never completely remove the lug nut until they are loose.

Chikin’ ‘n Dumplins’

1 Like

I’ve had Chick-fil-A breakfast sandwiches a time or 2 that are shingle vendor has once in a while.
I have never been in one before.
I interacted with 3 employees during my visit. Wow what a difference from the other fast food restaurants.
All of them had smiles on your faces called me sir and when I said thank you 2 of them said my pleasure. The other young lady said you are very welcome sir.
I was raised yes sir no sir thank you you’re welcome. I like to think that I have very good manners and I’m a very polite person.
It pees me off when I tell somebody thank you and they say no prob or no problem.
These other fast food restaurants should use them as a business model…
Maybe it’s got something to do with the owner’s Christian values?

I appreciate the conservative values the chic fillet people show and live in their business. They were confronted once and ridiculed by the lefties and they had to hire extra quality employees to handle the crowds that produced!

People seem to love the quality food and Christian values that keeps the faces around their locations smiling and spending their $$$$$

Fresh Oysters.

Oyster Stew

Take a look at the " mini bottle" of Tobasco.

Same box as usuall, but a dollar more?

1 Like

tobasco may arse… I’m looking at the beam. :smile: Looks good!

Man I love me some oyster stew. My son and I tried to replicate a seafood stew. We used to much whipping cream… but dang if it wasn’t good even if it filled you up after a half a bowl. Crab, shrimp, fish, oysters, sausage, lots of butter, etc etc…

my Halloween supper.

1 Like

Thats awesome. Im stealing that stuffed pepper idea for next year

Yeah the pepper is definitely cool !!!
Cookout, best deal around.
Barbecue sandwich with slaw no fat real good. Quesadilla and a bacon wrap and large drink.$7.49.

Should I eat these?

Will be here when you take a trip and don’t leave the farm.

OTC, was listening to my Johny Cash station on Pandora a couple months ago and that song came on. I’ve never heard it before and laughed my tail off over it.

Definitely pretty cool song.
I’ve heard it years ago. But haven’t heard it in years. Pretty much forgot about it. Add it to my playlist.

Love it, my mom played Jim Stafford albums over and over when we were kids, I can recite all those lyrics

Had a hankerin’ for a strip steak tonight

2 Likes

Remember the cabbage head with the ball cap?

His time is up