What I Just Ate

1 Like

Iā€™d carry a pocket full of that. Munch on it all day long.

A pocketful might last me 30 minā€¦ Itā€™s like boiled peanuts for me, I have a hard time stopping once I start.

Sour dough bread is da bomb!

Itā€™s pretty eerie the number of times that you type the words that are in my head, and not just in this threadā€¦

So, yea, what he said.

There was a whole thread on jerky once or twice on here as wellā€¦ dammit I want some jerky now. Thanks 23!

and now for the finish!

Looks like a Total Wine stop tomorrow

1 Like

You didnā€™t finish your plate no dessert for youā€¦

:joy: I forgot the shot until after Iā€™d started like your yute days when you didnā€™t have that square package stuck in your wallet :astonished:

The problem I have now is that Katie loves a healthy snack! She packs it with her everyday! Itā€™ll go fast!

Just have to harvest a few more of Your ā€œpetsā€ out on the farm this year! I had to turn down a couple end of season. Processed 3 for myself.

Other than the high sodium in Jerky, itā€™s super healthy. I did 10 pounds over the Christmas holidays the grands got 5 pounds, I put some in the freezer and ate the rest.

Iā€™ve been using my meat grinder and making burger and sausage from all the left over trimmings after Jerky strips. Iā€™m using 20% Beef fat that I got from IGA ($3.00lb) on the sausage none in the burger. The Butcher told me to use beef instead of pork fat, it has turned out fantastic. Only doing bulk no link.

Stopped by the Mater Shed on way to Ft Johnson

The DNR license department was very helpful after I told them I could get @barbawang on the phone if they had any problems. All I can say is they were all overcome with fear after that. One even offered to pay my fees and fill my truck up with gas!

1 Like

Its still better than 99% of the other snacks you can get. What we like is that we know exactly whatā€™s in it. No antibiotics or chemicals or stuff like that.

Yes sir, no argument here!! Didnā€™t mean to downplay it. I over salt everything. On the anti chemicals, Same reason I like doing my own Beef, chicken and pork. On the pork issue, my son just brought over 3 caught in a trapā€¦ maybe 20#? skinned and gutted, all three put in a vacuum sealed bag with a crazy made up concoction of a marinade. We are gonna but the little fellows whole on the grillā€¦ minus head.

Hope you and the wife are doing well!!! Mines in New Hampshire until Sunday, so Iā€™m winging it on super and dress code.

glad to hear it sounds like it worked out this timeā€¦ watch who you drop that name around, might get you in trouble instead of outta!

Fredā€™s got piglets for the grill and heā€™s walking around in his skivvies all dayā€¦ daaaammm!

I introduced my 4yr old nephew to ā€œpocket jerkyā€ last year, he wonā€™t go fishing without his own supply now :slight_smile:

stopped by the Walterboro IGA yesterday and got a porkchop and side of okraā€¦ $5.00 Got to the bone and wished I had bought 2. Something about a proper seasoned, battered, and fried pork chop. I donā€™t do them often so maybe thatā€™s why I like them so much? The store at the cross roads of 21 and Old Salkehatchie Rd. in Yemassee has one as good if not better. Just donā€™t get them after 1:00. they donā€™t cook any more and whatā€™s left is usually dried up.

1 Like

is that the convenience store at the El Cheapo gas station up the hill from the train station? iā€™ve hit them for beer and liquor next store but wish I knew then what I know nowā€¦ iā€™m going double chops next time iā€™m thru yemassee!

so Fredā€™s wife left him unsupervised for a week. Every now and again thatā€™s a good thing.
A couple months ago the wife went and babysitted grandbabies for a week left me unattended.
Come home from work the first night she was gone. & the microwave took a poop. Took me almost a week to get the microwave I wanted.

And yet again, you speak my words. Get out my head man!

Canā€™t believe your check engine light is onā€¦ Iā€™d lost that betā€¦ :laughing: