What is your latest stock purchase?

*** Disclaimer: This is not financial advice. This is for fun and discussion. If you take financial advice from strangers on the internet, that is your problem, not anyone’s in this thread…

That being said, I can’t stop buying BP. The last time the stock was trading at $29 was during the oil spill, and before then was 1996. CURRENTLY, they pay out $2.40 dividend per share per year, which has been increasing it since they suspended it during the oil spill. They’ve paid out as much as $3.36/year. At $29 per share and $2.40 per share, that’s an 8.3% yield. Again, it’s not guaranteed. They can always quit paying a dividend (or worse), and they DID suspend it last time the price was here, but for the most part, they have multi-decade track record of paying dividends.

Anyway, I am taking the gamble… If they keep paying a dividend, then I have at least an 8.3% return on my money, plus any appreciation for the stock itself…

If it dips lower, I’ll buy more…

So, let’s go around the table here. What have you been buying and why???

I’ve been buying firearm and ammo stocks, so far have stayed just with those. Why? I could read the writing on the walls. So far have tripled my money in the last 5 weeks :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

I’ve been buying firearm and ammo stocks, so far have stayed just with those. Why? I could read the writing on the walls. So far have tripled my money in the last 5 weeks :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Nice... Nothing beats perfect timing!!!

I like Volkswagen. Just bought and sold in under 2 months, grossed 17.5%. It’s back to 140, going to buy again. Home Depot is moving along, but you would have to look some of the China stocks. BEAT UP right now, but they get striagh t soon enough and be making profit.

Don’t pay any attention to my stock market advice, I’ve lost $500 today on my firearm and ammo stocks. Easy come, easy go :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:

Don’t pay any attention to my stock market advice, I’ve lost $500 today on my firearm and ammo stocks. Easy come, easy go :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

That’s just fickle investors dumping and taking profits. Stay armed, my friend.

long etf OIL from a month ago. taking plenty heat.

counter trend, 12 ish year low, trying to catch a falling knife

short SPY since mid week cause chart told me so. in the black large.

whole thread is in the wrong forum

you should apologize

cats dragging pretzels though briar patch

giant star fish flatulating near ox bow

bring bacon towards moonlight

arrows feel clay around palm fronds

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

you should apologize

Dear Mr. Pod,

To ensure long-term you have a Pod to Pee in; I want to make you aware the ticker symbol OIL is an ETN rather that an ETF. ETNs are structured products that are issued as senior debt notes and carry more risk. ETFs represent a stake in an underlying commodity.

Your recent losses in the OIL ETN are most likely due to “baked-in” contango/backwardation. It will get only get worse once there is an increase in WTI futures since the rolling monthly contracts will be priced at higher monthly spot prices. To avoid unnecessary bad decision sphincter dysfunction disorder there are other options to match your investment risk profile.

Alternatives:
#1). USO: it is an ETF vs. ETN ^^^^^^

#2). USL: an ETF that maintains an average of 12 months of future contracts to mitigate the effects on Contango.

#3). UWTI: 3X levered WTI ETF that is made for only those bros that subscribe to the Dollar Shave Club and have a Salt Life tattoo because it matches the big rear window sticker on their truck. The Salt Life tattoo and truck sticker cross reference helps the bouncers with matching the bar assholes to their rides. Similar to what we once did with clothes matching at Sears with Garanimals… OK, sorry, got off a tangent there.

Or, you can do like RBF. Wait until WTI hits around $25, and go all in with UCO.

AGAIN, this is not to be considered investment advice, and RBF Enterprises can’t be held liable for any thing under the Moon due to the owner’s mental State…

Autopenned: RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:

you should apologize

Dear Mr. Pod,

To ensure long-term you have a Pod to Pee in; I want to make you aware the ticker symbol OIL is an ETN rather that an ETF. ETNs are structured products that are issued as senior debt notes and carry more risk. ETFs represent a stake in an underlying commodity.

Your recent losses in the OIL ETN are most likely due to “baked-in” contango/backwardation. It will get only get worse once there is an increase in WTI futures since the rolling monthly contracts will be priced at higher monthly spot prices. To avoid unnecessary bad decision sphincter dysfunction disorder there are other options to match your investment risk profile.

Alternatives:

#2). USL: an ETF that maintains an average of 12 months of future contracts to mitigate the effects on Contango.

#3). UWTI: 3X levered WTI ETF that is made for only those bros that subscribe to the Dollar Shave Club and have a Salt Life tattoo because it matches the big rear window sticker on their truck. The Salt Life tattoo and truck sticker cross reference helps the bouncers with matching the bar assholes to their rides. Similar to what we once did with clothes matching at Sears with Garanimals… OK, sorry, got off a tangent there.

Or, you can do like RBF. Wait until WTI hits around $25, and go all in with UCO.

AG

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:

you should apologize

Dear Mr. Pod,

Alternatives:

#3). UWTI: 3X levered WTI ETF that is made for only those bros that subscribe to the Dollar Shave Club and have a Salt Life tattoo because it matches the big rear window sticker on their truck. The Salt Life tattoo and truck sticker cross reference helps the bouncers with matching the bar assholes to their rides. Similar to what we once did with clothe

I like the Oil MLP’s that move the products more than the E&P Oil plays. The guys that move the stuff aren’t hurting over the price of oil like the oil companies, but they’ve been taken down with them.
AMLP is an MLP ETF that I would buy over the ETF OIL, or BP. It pays a pretty good dividend.
EPD,MPLX,and MMP are some dividend paying individual MLP’s that I like. I’ve been buying EPD and MPLX.

quote:
Originally posted by mcvlbound

I like the Oil MLP’s that move the products more than the E&P Oil plays. The guys that move the stuff aren’t hurting over the price of oil like the oil companies, but they’ve been taken down with them.
AMLP is an MLP ETF that I would buy over the ETF OIL, or BP. It pays a pretty good dividend.
EPD,MPLX,and MMP are some dividend paying individual MLP’s that I like. I’ve been buying EPD and MPLX.

Yes, but BIG oil companies are heavily involved with downstream refining which is price/revenue static vs. ■■■■■■■■■ price (E&P). MLPs also carrying some nasty UBTI for a tax deferred account.

I don’t even know what yall are talking about[:I]

I do know how to catch mullet though :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

What’s the acronym for a mullet? :smiley:

To skinnyj’s question… I’m lazy and leave it all to Edward Jones. Probably screwing up, but that’s what i do.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Naw, you understand the concepts but perhaps not the language.

In the oil business; the following is an analogy as it compares with guide fishing:

Guide spends time and money to find the honey hole (exploration = high cost and no immediate reward).

Guide goes back with client to fish the honey hole (production = medium cost and high immediate reward).

Guide takes client back to the dock and cleans the fish (refining = low cost and consistently stinky rewards) :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

cats dragging pretzels though briar patch

giant star fish flatulating near ox bow

bring bacon towards moonlight

arrows feel clay around palm fronds

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

right on

I thought about buying a cow and a few chickens…but our neighborhood wont allow it.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

I’d move.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I hat a subdivision and hoa