What is your latest stock purchase?

WINTER IS COMING!!!

Good news is the future looks bright as a whole with a republican majority, the bad news is I bet on a democratic run govt and Supreme Court and I have lost $7k in 3 days. How’s all the other metal bugs and gun stock folks doing?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
the bad news is I bet on a democratic run govt and Supreme Court and I have lost $7k in 3 days. How's all the other metal bugs and gun stock folks doing?

I made the same foolish bet. Was doing great before the election, the day after they fell like a rock. I tried to sell quick and didn’t get hurt too bad, if you consider - 3K not too bad :face_with_head_bandage: Man, I called that one wrong and waited a day too late to sell. Oh well.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Lost 7k in 3 days, kinda like buying a new outboard!

Same here. $7k. The loss came so quick I feel like I almost have to wait for some kind of upturn to sell. I almost feel like the market screwed with us by showing it go up overnight just to let everyone sell and drop like a rock the day after. Seems fishy to me, like someone controlled the after hours swing so they could setup the sell. Bunch of crooks.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I saw someone that said they were cleaning up in the legal marijuana business. Said he made thousands on the stocks and he doesn’t have to look over his shoulder while doing it.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Two things…

1. What bet did you lose?
  2. Don’t forget to write off your stock losses if you can… I think there is a max, but I think you can carry over some of those loses for a few years… So, like if you lost $7K, you could write off $3K this year, $3K next year, and then $1K the year after that. Just ask your accountant. I’m not sure what the most current rules are.
quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

*** Disclaimer: This is not financial advice. This is for fun and discussion. If you take financial advice from strangers on the internet, that is your problem, not anyone’s in this thread…

That being said, I can’t stop buying BP. The last time the stock was trading at $29 was during the oil spill, and before then was 1996. CURRENTLY, they pay out $2.40 dividend per share per year, which has been increasing it since they suspended it during the oil spill. They’ve paid out as much as $3.36/year. At $29 per share and $2.40 per share, that’s an 8.3% yield. Again, it’s not guaranteed. They can always quit paying a dividend (or worse), and they DID suspend it last time the price was here, but for the most part, they have multi-decade track record of paying dividends.

Anyway, I am taking the gamble… If they keep paying a dividend, then I have at least an 8.3% return on my money, plus any appreciation for the stock itself…

If it dips lower, I’ll buy more…

So, let’s go around the table here. What have you been buying and why???

Take a look at BCRX before it gets done with institutional rebalancing. It’s been beat down more than once.

Rebalancing is ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ the price then and now...was at $16 prior to a clinical trial that was designed to fail. May still get that Freeman...got a df50 to fix first.

Hmmmmm, what do you think?

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/06/republican-lawmakers-buy-health-insurance-stocks-as-repeal-effort-moves-forward/

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/06/republican-lawmakers-buy-health-insurance-stocks-as-repeal-effort-moves-forward/

Good find! Probably doesn’t mean much, but the tape and financials looks good on that stock. I’m buying. It didn’t seem to have any trouble under Obamacare, so I don’t see how repealing Obamacare is going to give it a boost.

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365

Maybe this is why they are dragging their feet on this issue. Got to get the portfolios stocked up first.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolsOut1

If you liked MUX at $4.50+, you’re gonna love it at $3.7x! lol

It's around $2.25 now.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Anything related to precious metals went down this year thanks to cryptocurrency. Once it gets done crashing metals and mining will be back to previous highs. Already heading up this week.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I bought plenty of Walmart back when it was in the mid $40 range. I’m holding it but I’ve added to my Wendy’s and WWE positions recently. My stocks are up over 50% for the year and my retirement account is up 48% this year. Hard thing is I’m 66 and don’t want to get caught up when things go South. Too much talk about war and terrorists.

skinneee,

GE’s getting pounded like a cheap hooker on remount road. but I repeat myself. is it a buy down here? or does it have chlymidia and I should wait for a rebound so to speak.

“Investor ‘fear of missing out’ runs wild as record amount of money flows into stocks the last four weeks”

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/19/fear-of-missing-out-peaks-as-mutual-fund-and-etfs-flows-hit-record.html

Looks like we are close to a top to me, but I have been saying that for awhile now. Better have a fast ripcord just in case because it is coming sooner than later.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Is today a buying opportunity or the beginning of the 38% Fibbonaci retracement

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Is today a buying opportunity or the beginning of the 38% Fibbonaci retracement

(**() Jim Cramer ruined Fibbonaci if chumps like you are quoting it.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I don’t follow GE, but I would not make fun of you if you bought it at this price. Looks like it hasn’t been this cheap in 7 years. “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” I would be more attracted to it if the dividend yield was a bit higher. But, I thought that MUX was the only way to get 300% returns around here. Is that not true anymore? I saw that it hit $1.85 which was probably the buying opportunity that $3.50 Shoolsout was looking for!