MUX…I buy every week

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

trying to catch a falling knife euphamism comes to mind

i need an etf that shorts common sense

"Dollar Cost Averaging" is the polite way to say it... :smiley:

The more it falls, the higher the dividend (assuming that they don’t drop it).

Funding a dividend via debt is beyond my simple business mind…

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-02/bp-ceo-says-debt-can-rise-to-sustain-dividend-during-oil-slump

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

trying to catch a falling knife euphamism comes to mind

i need an etf that shorts common sense

Ticker Symbol: RBF

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Precious metals mining. Low oil cost and rising metal values coupled with a sinking dollar makes better profits of overseas miners.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Please expound. On the surface, it seems the opposite with currency.

RBF

As the dollar weakens, the spot price of metals usually goes up. Like the up turn in gold spot recently with the few drops of the dollar to the eu.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

See the reverse curves for the same time period of gold spot vs dollar:EUR.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

So, did anyone learn from this exchange and buy into any gold mining stocks a couple of months back? MUX that Schoolsout pointed out has been a home run, and my mutual fund that I doubled down on in February included that along with ABX and GOLD. It’s up 57% ytd.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:

So, did anyone learn from this exchange and buy into any gold mining stocks a couple of months back? MUX that Schoolsout pointed out has been a home run, and my mutual fund that I doubled down on in February included that along with ABX and GOLD. It’s up 57% ytd.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

That was a great call. I sold my GDX and GDXJ today after a really good month long run. I think a correction in gold is imminent, but what do I know.

It seems some people’s mouth…errrrrr keyboard goes faster that their brain. The oil collapse has made a bunch of smart people rich. Money fled into the USD, and most all other currencies fell big time. Oh yeah…figure the China collapse into your investment decisions. I’m staying in real estate. I know it quite well.

quote:
Originally posted by mcvlbound
quote:

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

That was a great call. I sold my GDX and GDXJ today after a really good month long run. I think a correction in gold is imminent, but what do I know.

The correction in gold happened at 1900 down to 10xx…lol

MUX will go much higher…I’ve owned and accumulated it for years and years…I’m up pretty good due to the fact I bought a good bit under $1. It pays a dividend, although it is small.

Rob McEwen is the man in gold mining…Honest and a hell of a businessman that doesn’t like debt much and understands the gold market. Hell, a few years back, shares were trading at $2.6x (IIRC) and they issued more shares to raise capital, but allowed current holders to buy X% at a $2.25 or so share price. Instant money, if you wanted to take advantage of it. Anyways, I look for this one to go much, much higher in next year or 3.

The miners that are still in business today, figured out how to be profitable when it was below $1100 ounce. They will keep making money. Most of the mining stocks going up today still haven’t recovered half of what the lost during the great gold crash. I think they have a ways to go.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

A lot of the bigger miners play into the bullion banks’ hands, too, I believe.

The amount of paper being traded as if it is real gold is astounding…conservative estimates at the COMEX are 100 paper : 1 real ounce. It’s all a shell game in the West and the SGE (Shanghai Gold Exchange) is in the process of becoming the real market for gold.

There is a group of silver miners (First Majestic, is one, I believe) where the CEOs are getting together to withhold metal at these depressed levels until sanity in the market comes back.

Also, as physical metal flows from West to East, the wheel slowly turns and true price discovery will occur in the not too distant future.

I’ve been long gold/silver since 2005 and have been saying the exact same things since then…nothing has changed and nothing will until the physical price takes command over the paper price.

You guys might was to throw a few bucks toward SWHC which is Smith &Wesson. My return on investment so far exceeds 87%. I’m not a stockbroker and have no connection to S&W other than my stock ownership. Just saying, its been berry berry good so far.

oc

Schoolsout…Are you saying the futures has become disjointed from the cash market. .?

quote:
You guys might was to throw a few bucks toward SWHC which is Smith &Wesson. My return on investment so far exceeds 87%.

X2. I’ve done real well with SWHC and RGR (Ruger) over the last 6 months. And VSTO Vista outdoors, they own Federal, CCI and other primer and powder companies. Dang near doubled my money :smiley: I also bought some of MUX.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Redstripe

Schoolsout…Are you saying the futures has become disjointed from the cash market. .?

I’m saying the manipulation in the metals markets is rampant. The cockroaches are scattering now that light is shining on them and the COMEX has become an absolute joke…

here’s a story from today

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-14/case-closed-deutsche-bank-confirms-silver-market-manipulation-legal-settlement-agree

quote:
According to Reuters, Deutsche Bank has signed a binding settlement term sheet, and is negotiating a formal settlement agreement to be submitted for approval by U.S. District Judge Valerie Caproni, who oversees the litigation. A Deutsche Bank spokeswoman declined to comment. Lawyers for the investors did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

As noted above, investors had accused Deutsche Bank, HSBC and ScotiaBank of abusing their power as three of the world’s largest silver bullion banks to dictate the price of silver through a secret, once-a-day meeting known as the Silver Fix.

None of this will come as a big surprise to readers, most of whom have been aware that this took place for years.

But wait there’s more.

More at the link…

There has been plenty of evidence given to the authorities about gold/silver manipulation, but nothing ever happens. Once the actual asset (real metal) breaks free from the shackles of paper created by the financial centers, things are going to get interesting.

Ask yourself this…how can the price of something go down like it has (from $1900+ to $10xx) when demand is as strong (or stronger)

Well, well, well…look what just came out from Douche Bank again…

Deutsche Bank Admits It Also Rigged Gold Prices, Agrees To Expose Other Manipulators

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-14/first-silver-now-gold-deutsche-bank-admits-it-also-rigged-gold-prices-legal-settleme

http://www.gold-eagle.com/article/moving-post-lbma-era-gold-price-reset-watch-out

April 19th. SGE

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:

http://www.gold-eagle.com/article/moving-post-lbma-era-gold-price-reset-watch-out

April 19th. SGE

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

COMEX is pretty much dead now…just a bucket shop for the bullion/financial banks

Larry: Is that McEwen mining?

oc