What is your latest stock purchase?

I don’t care. It’s just a game to me, sort of like playing poker. Don’t bet it if it hurts to lose it.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

If things hold as they are now, expect another 6-8% tomorrow.

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

It sure beats sanding boats for a living:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Here is some inspiration for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qOY9hcm64

Just think… Those skills might have other applications in your life!

Should have a good open today…gold above $1300 and need it to close above 1307-1310 and 1400 should come in pretty short order.

Up 8.x% pre market

Larry, your gun stocks should be rising soon… Bernie just announced on Twitter that he will be working together with Hillary… I don’t know what that means, but if he takes a VP nomination, then Trump is finished, and gun nuts will be lined up at the store…

They are rising steady every day, had a 3.5K gain this week, about $700 so far today :smiley: Beats working for a living!

BTW, what’s a gun nut? Don’t you have guns and ammo? Ammo is up about 20% already this week. Time to stock up, or buy some stock.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

This is what I like to see…

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2016/06/17/smith-wesson-too-early-to-predict-ar-15-surge-but-big-year-ahead.html

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

It shouldn’t have any trouble recouping the 1/3 loss it had previously.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:

They are rising steady every day, had a 3.5K gain this week, about $700 so far today :smiley: Beats working for a living!

BTW, what’s a gun nut? Don’t you have guns and ammo? Ammo is up about 20% already this week. Time to stock up, or buy some stock.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Yes, I have lots of guns and ammo! I just thought "gun nut" was a more fun term to use.

:smiley:

God bless the gun nuts, those stocks are looking real good again today.

quote:
It shouldn't have any trouble recouping the 1/3 loss it had previously.

That’s when I bought them, at their low point.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:

:smiley:

God bless the gun nuts, those stocks are looking real good again today.

quote:
It shouldn't have any trouble recouping the 1/3 loss it had previously.

That’s when I bought them, at their low point.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Now you got it!!! I'm just jealous because my "play money" is spent on a construction project right now. That being said, I actually designed in a reinforced floor in a special room specifically for a large gun safe! Actually had to modify the windows on the floor below to accomplish that, if that shows you how serious I am about my guns and ammo!!!

Bought 1,400 shares of SPY Monday 6/27 for $199. Sold them yesterday 6/29 for $206.70. Nice return for two days.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Not bad. Made the same amount of money without having to gamble $.25m by holding mining stocks, physical gold and silver. That’s a bold move. You must be playing with other people’s money.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Nope, all my money. SPY (an ETF based on the S&P 500) is a pretty safe bet in my book. I pay attention to the trading range, and when it gets to the low end, and the VIX is high, I buy. Conversely when it gets back up to the high end and the VIX is low, I sell. Usually this pattern will take weeks, maybe even a couple of months, but with a 1,000 point drop in the DOW Friday and Monday, I thought it would be a good opportunity and I was flush with cash waiting on it to happen. If I buy the index low and it keeps going down, I just hang on to it for however long it takes to come back. It is after all the S&P 500. In my book, mining stock and precious metals involves more risk. But we all have our comfort zones.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

the phrase catching a falling knife comes to mind

glad that trade worked out for you longenuff

MUX still on fire…$4.04 pre market :slight_smile:

Yep, it’s almost doubled in 6 months :smiley: And my firearms stocks are still climbing every day too. Made $600 yesterday without hitting a lick :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

more like tripled :slight_smile:

I have a very rich uncle, who is 92 and in a nursing home now. He told me a long time ago that the trick to making money is to figure out who has the money, and how to separate them from it. Then make that money work for you, rather than you working for the money. It only took me 60 years to figure out that he was right.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper