What is your latest stock purchase?

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

I have a very rich uncle, who is 92 and in a nursing home now. He told me a long time ago that the trick to making money is to figure out who has the money, and how to separate them from it. Then make that money work for you, rather than you working for the money. It only took me 60 years to figure out that he was right.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

This is all the advice I got from my Uncle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyrWoD9-04

Sage advice, but kinda weird though…

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

$4.41

Stupid money, stupid easy

That MUX is a volatile little bugger. I’d try to time the high and sell if it were me. Mine is in a fund spread amongst many miners that have a more stable trend, then a certain % in bullion. Even still, I am trying to time the high and will be moving mine into something else soon. Been riding it since Jan. of last year, ready to take my gains. Was hoping for a steady SP500 dip so I could buy back in low. Might still be coming.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

That MUX is a volatile little bugger. I’d try to time the high and sell if it were me. Mine is in a fund spread amongst many miners that have a more stable trend, then a certain % in bullion. Even still, I am trying to time the high and will be moving mine into something else soon. Been riding it since Jan. of last year, ready to take my gains. Was hoping for a steady SP500 dip so I could buy back in low. Might still be coming.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I sold 4400 shares from a roll-over IRA today at $4.41…with the hopes to buy it back at a lower price. It’s got to come down soon…wouldn’t be surprised to see it around $3 or so sometime soon. Just up way too much, way too fast…but I’ll take it.

Started process to transfer some shares from Computershare account to Etrade in order to sell some in my spec account. That will take some time, though, but it really doesn’t matter to me at this point…it’s all house money now.

Looks like another good start of day for gold and MUX

$4.63 already this morning :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:

$4.63 already this morning :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I may sell today and hope to buy back at lower price. I’m stuck with order executing at end of day until shares get into etrade, though

Nevermind…just got notification from McEwen that sale went through…woop woop

Back in January when gold was low, wall street was saying gold to go lower, had a “sell” on all mining stocks. Both skyrocketed since. Now they are all saying gold is rallying, and it will push higher. Tells me some are jumping on the train late, and trying to pump them up for a quick profit. I expect a pull back in mining stocks and bullion soon, but silver will likely stay steady. I should be pulling the trigger soon myself, and moving it somewhere else. Like food/health services fund, real estate, or possibly the SP500 if it dips low enough.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

4.62 was my sale price…check to be mailed in 3 days…the old fashioned way

I figured a pullback was coming. Looks like others are cashing out. Should push back further up on most all mining stocks, so could buy the dip, and make some more.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Tomorrow is payrolls, I believe…things could go either way…I’m still out (for the most part) and looking for MUX sub $4, but would love sub $3 :slight_smile:

quote:
I'm still out (for the most part) and looking for MUX sub $4, but would love sub $3 :)

Don’t say that [:0] I’m still in.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
quote:
I'm still out (for the most part) and looking for MUX sub $4, but would love sub $3 :)

Don’t say that [:0] I’m still in.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Tomorrow will be interesting with the payrolls report…we all know most of the reports are massaged BS, but the market reads headlines.

That said, financial implosions happening at a fast rate over there in Euroland (and UK :slight_smile: ) so, I think gold will go up pretty steadily after a little shakeout soon…people are starting to realize that they need to “get out of the system.”

Gold hammered on payroll report…somewhat what I expected.

Every time the POTUS says gun control, gun stocks go up. Larry is going to be happy this morning.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Every time the POTUS says gun control, gun stocks go up. Larry is going to be happy this morning.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Just saw that…

quote:

Yes sir! I sure am. This is like printing money :smiley:

Before the facts are in and the dead policemen laid to rest, he is already politicizing the tragedy. Never let a crisis go to waste.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/08/obama-renews-gun-control-push-after-senseless-dallas-murders.html

I saw in the news that June broke all previous gun sale records, with 52,000 new handgun background checks every day by the FBI. July is going to top that.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

On that note. Everyone be smart with their firearms. With all the new gun sales, there have been a barrage of new break-ins. Thieves are busting in, and running straight for the nightstand looking just for handguns. Grabbing the small safes and running. Even on houses with alarms, as they know they can be in and out in 2 minutes before the delayed alarm, and police are even called. They hit 5 houses in less than hour the other day.

Don’t leave them in your glove box overnight, don’t just stick them in a drawer. Keep them in a safe, or a nightstand safe, and bolt it down. Or just accept that it could be stolen. Also cameras, and alarm systems with cameras, and glass break sensors are ideal.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
4.62 was my sale price...check to be mailed in 3 days...the old fashioned way

MUX closed at 4.70 today and I’m still riding the wave :smiley: I have been known to fall off though :face_with_head_bandage:

I don’t want to turn a stock market thread political, but Obama’s and others recent gun control ideas have done more for firearm sales and stocks than anything possible. I figured it would be good, but not this good. And the future is even looking better, for gun stocks I mean. Not for gun rights in general. Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper