What is your latest stock purchase?

I got my call partially right, but the drop didn’t last long! Ugh…oh, well. Never go broke taking a profit

I think the gold bull is back in action

Been a gold, silver and platinum bug since not long after de Gaulle called Nixon and the Fed’s bluff and demanded the return of France’s gold. Most recently that dirty commie Chavez did the same for his country Venezuela, but the Fed showed him a thing or three. Last equity trade was the day of the “Flash Crash”, when my pre-programmed buys in Blue Chips, that would have made me a million, were all backed out the day after. Funny thing was They didn’t do that when it favored Goldman, but I guess I’m just paranoid right?

Ever since it’s nothing but hard assets and stuff that I decide the value of. Land is good. They aren’t making more of that at the Fed. Can’t eat the metals, and they don’t make very good plows or bullets, so concentrated more on stuff that I can eat, trade, barter or build. Call me silly but as long as I have enough residual income to pay my taxes and live comfortably, pay the insurance ransom and raise good food, the craps table can live without me. Did sell off some gold when it was near $2k, but other than that the only equities that I held were Chinese companies I put in trusts for my kids so they can own part of their Brave New World.

Friends just returned from teaching at a private company school in China. K thru 12, the kids come to school reading and writing five languages and doing simple arithmetic at age five. In other words they already exceed Common Core high school gravitates here when they finish kindergarten. Not the most creative people, but they can copy and perfect anything, and they are getting a lot better. They are so western it makes me laugh. They manipulate their currency (we call if Fed easing the head in) their corporations cook their books (nothing on an Enron scale - but they’re learning) and the gov’t somehow manages to screw up everything that they touch (real estate there is running down a short pier, but hey - Yobama’s gonna be out of a job soon so maybe he can work his magic for them too?).

Can’t compete with the likes of Jamie Dimon and George Soros,

quote:
Originally posted by shmoo

Been a gold, silver and platinum bug since not long after de Gaulle called Nixon and the Fed’s bluff and demanded the return of France’s gold. Most recently that dirty commie Chavez did the same for his country Venezuela, but the Fed showed him a thing or three. Last equity trade was the day of the “Flash Crash”, when my pre-programmed buys in Blue Chips, that would have made me a million, were all backed out the day after. Funny thing was They didn’t do that when it favored Goldman, but I guess I’m just paranoid right?

Ever since it’s nothing but hard assets and stuff that I decide the value of. Land is good. They aren’t making more of that at the Fed. Can’t eat the metals, and they don’t make very good plows or bullets, so concentrated more on stuff that I can eat, trade, barter or build. Call me silly but as long as I have enough residual income to pay my taxes and live comfortably, pay the insurance ransom and raise good food, the craps table can live without me. Did sell off some gold when it was near $2k, but other than that the only equities that I held were Chinese companies I put in trusts for my kids so they can own part of their Brave New World.

Friends just returned from teaching at a private company school in China. K thru 12, the kids come to school reading and writing five languages and doing simple arithmetic at age five. In other words they already exceed Common Core high school gravitates here when they finish kindergarten. Not the most creative people, but they can copy and perfect anything, and they are getting a lot better. They are so western it makes me laugh. They manipulate their currency (we call if Fed easing the head in) their corporations cook their books (nothing on an Enron scale - but they’re learning) and the gov’t somehow manages to screw up everything that they touch (real estate there is running down a short p

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolsOut1
quote:
Originally posted by shmoo

Friends just returned from teaching at a private company school in China. K thru 12, the kids come to school reading and writing five languages and doing simple arithmetic at age five. In other words they already exceed Common Core high school gravitates here when they finish kindergarten. Not the most creative people, but they can copy and perfect anything, and they are getting a lot better. They are so western it makes me laugh. They manipulate their currency (we call if Fed easing the head in) their corporations cook their b

Considering today’s bank interest rates, this has been fantastic:smiley:

quote:
Shares of gun makers rallied in morning trade Friday, as the recent spate of shootings helped fuel expectations of increased gun-control rhetoric. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp.'s stock SWHC, +3.08% climbed 2.8%, but had been up as much as 5.2% at the intraday high of $29.75, which was above the March 17, 2016 record close of $29.37. The gains follow recent shootings in Baton Rouge, Minnesota and Dallas. Analysts have said regulatory fears are among the biggest drivers of consumer demand. Shares of Sturm Ruger & Co. RGR, +5.30% ran up 4.2% and of Vista Outdoor Inc. vsta rose 1.8%. Year to date, shares of Smith & Wesson have surged 32%, Sturm Ruger gained 13% and Vista Outdoor rose 12%, while the S&P 500 has advanced 3.6%.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gun...dist=bigcharts

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

MUX is now at 4.81 :smiley: And Ruger and S&W have made me another $600 this morning :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

oh boy

It’s getting frothy, bought time to be a shorty…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHpiNLrqNJc

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

Oh well, all of mine took a tumble yesterday, easy come easy go. Lost $300 between them all . A little better today. Made $8. But considering my savings accounts makes about $1.50 a month in interest, I’m still way ahead of the game. And it’s fun to play with anyway. A lot like playing poker :smiley: Can’t win every day.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Oh well, all of mine took a tumble yesterday, easy come easy go. Lost $300 between them all . A little better today. Made $8. But considering my savings accounts makes about $1.50 a month in interest, I’m still way ahead of the game. And it’s fun to play with anyway. A lot like playing poker :smiley: Can’t win every day.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

Mining stocks are down big thanks to fed rate hike talk. MUX can be bought back under $4.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

COMEX op ex is Tuesday…I may jump back in late Monday/early Tues

If you liked MUX at $4.50+, you’re gonna love it at $3.7x! lol

Rub it in why don’t you :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Rub it in why don’t you :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Ha…plenty of time for me to be proven a fool yet!

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

*** Disclaimer: This is not financial advice. This is for fun and discussion. If you take financial advice from strangers on the internet, that is your problem, not anyone’s in this thread…

That being said, I can’t stop buying BP. The last time the stock was trading at $29 was during the oil spill, and before then was 1996. CURRENTLY, they pay out $2.40 dividend per share per year, which has been increasing it since they suspended it during the oil spill. They’ve paid out as much as $3.36/year. At $29 per share and $2.40 per share, that’s an 8.3% yield. Again, it’s not guaranteed. They can always quit paying a dividend (or worse), and they DID suspend it last time the price was here, but for the most part, they have multi-decade track record of paying dividends.

Anyway, I am taking the gamble… If they keep paying a dividend, then I have at least an 8.3% return on my money, plus any appreciation for the stock itself…

If it dips lower, I’ll buy more…

So, let’s go around the table here. What have you been buying and why???

Take a look at BCRX before it gets done with institutional rebalancing. It’s been beat down more than once.

Been trading MUX for the past week and, so far, have short term gains of around $1500. I’ve posted my moves as I’ve made them over on THT, but not here. Gold is close to breaking out, but couldn’t quite get above $1365 today and rolled over a bit. Tomorrow should be interesting and I think non-farm payrolls out Friday, so I’m expecting some more games to be played.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

*** Disclaimer: This is not financial advice. This is for fun and discussion. If you take financial advice from strangers on the internet, that is your problem, not anyone’s in this thread…

That being said, I can’t stop buying BP. The last time the stock was trading at $29 was during the oil spill, and before then was 1996. CURRENTLY, they pay out $2.40 dividend per share per year, which has been increasing it since they suspended it during the oil spill. They’ve paid out as much as $3.36/year. At $29 per share and $2.40 per share, that’s an 8.3% yield. Again, it’s not guaranteed. They can always quit paying a dividend (or worse), and they DID suspend it last time the price was here, but for the most part, they have multi-decade track record of paying dividends.

Anyway, I am taking the gamble… If they keep paying a dividend, then I have at least an 8.3% return on my money, plus any appreciation for the stock itself…

If it dips lower, I’ll buy more…

So, let’s go around the table here. What have you been buying and why???

Take a look at BCRX before it gets done with institutional rebalancing. It’s been beat down more than once.

Woke up with a Ta Kill ya head H and I'd say the rebalancing is over.

https://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=bcrx

I sold most of my MUX last week at $4.61. Doubled my money on that in a few months:smiley: Right now it’s at 4.41 and I’m still holding some.

Ruger and S&W are still doing good. The more the feds talk about gun control the higher they go.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Smart man selling MUX. Today was a bad day. Shiny stuff fell off dramatically. Hoping it’s just a quick correction on the heals of the Fed and not a down trend. Not pulling the plug completely yet on the mining fund, but if I don’t see some people jumping back in tomorrow for some lower buys, I’ll likely move it all out.

Thoughts SchoolsOut?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115