Who are you? What do you do? When do you fish?

I’ve been lurking here for years and have only recently become a member. Everyone is fantastic. I thought it might not hurt to become better acquainted.

The match-up subforum seemed the appropriate place to ask, though I’m still wondering if folks will be apt to dispense with Internet-forum anonymity. I’ll throw it out there and see:

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Jeff

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Summerville

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Family Law attorney, focusing on divorce and custodial matters. Jerry Springer stuff. Never a dull moment.

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? Dry-stacked on the Ashley

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): I am a solid -4 inshore and a projected -38 offshore, though I’ve never tried.

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? Once every 3 weeks, if lucky, though I think about it daily. I’ve never been so obsessed with doing something I was so ridiculously terrible at.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Always happy to go fishing. Never met a stranger. (Usually armed, anyway.) Will absolutely trade a spot on the boat for any know-how.

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Annoying my wife. Embarrassing my kids. Occasional shooting. Putting off exercise for later.

2017 Sportsman 211 w/ F150XB “Marital Property”

#TheWorstFishermanInTheWorld

Hey Jeff, welcome. Good folks on here. Pm me if you need a buddy boat one day.

Capt. R. Killin
21 Contender “Killin Time”

Jeff, good post! I moved here about 3 years ago from MD and don’t know a lot of folks yet, so I’ll play along.

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Jim

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Manning, near the lake.

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Drive a tractor trailer part of the year for a dance company. Make & sell fishing tackle the other part.

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? Lake Marion, C Alex Harvin III landing.

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): Been fishing for 50 years, so hopefully somewhere between 5 to 10? Primarily fish for bass, Stripers & panfish, ( catfish too) and occasional trips to the coast.

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? When I get the chance or when my wife is tired of me around the house.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Certainly! I only have a jon boat & a Gheenoe. Working on both at the moment.

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Gardening, grandkids, fly tying, hunting.

I’ll play…

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME?
    Stan

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
    Mt. Pleasant

3. WHAT DO YOU DO?
    Property Claim Representative (independent)

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN?
    Shem Creek

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10):
    Offshore reefs, solid 10. Hunting inshore reds and trout, weak assed 1.

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING?
    2-3 times a month

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS?
    Not sure…family always fills the boat first, then friends, then former fishing club friends. Folks I haven’t met probably pretty low on the list, no offense at that.

8. OTHER HOBBIES?
    Taking pictures (not photography…not even great at it) and doing photoshop, spending money on the boat - she eats money.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

1.WHATS YOUR NAME.Craig

2.APROXIMATLEY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? North Myrtle Beach

3.WHAT DO YOU DO ? Project manager for construction company.

4.WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY IN ? Landing under Hwy 17 bridge next to Poo’s

5.FISHING SKILL LEAVE ? Inshore I would say a solid 8. I usually catch fish. Offshore would say a 7. Sold my offshore boat a couple years ago. Was working up around Clemson for almost 3 years. Big mistake!

1. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT ? 5-6 Times a month.

2. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORM NUMBERS ? Always interested in meeting new people. No matter you’re still level.You can always learn something from someone else.

3. Other Hobbies? guns,motorcycle,guns,guns.I try to shoot/train 2-3 times a week My daughter says I have a gun a addiction

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Jeremiah

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Mount Pleasant

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Firefighter/Paramedic, fishing charters on days off.

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? Remley’s, Shem, Sullivan’s Island(in that order)

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): I’m going to say 7 for inshore(always room for improvement/learning)

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? At least once a week, usually more.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? I typically have my core group of fishing buddies, plus my wife and her friends. When it’s not for personal use, the boat is used for work.

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Is there anything to do other than fish? Spend time with my wife and friends, disc golf, check out breweries, golf, buy/flip items, work on boats(installation of electronics)

Capt. Jeremiah
Southern Slam Fishing Charters

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR

Who are you

Hey Kenneth Mobley

What do I do

I work for scd.o.t

When do I fish
8 times a month maybe 10
No don’t have but go half on the gas

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Buddy

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? West Ashley / 61 Area

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Safety/Training/Sales for a company that sells and installs MCWP (Mast Climbing Work Platforms - giant hydraulic scaffolding)

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? Cherry Point / Limehouse / Da Cut

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): Don’t get to go as much anymore, so my skills have dwindled… probably a 7 inshore and a 6 offshore anymore. Solid 5 in freshwater, lol.

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? Once every 3 weeks or so, if that.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Sure, but when I get a chance it’s usually spur of the moment or on someone else’s boat which seems to fit my schedule easier these days.

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Wrenching on everything that needs it, I’m a home-based FFL so guns are a big deal, hunting, typical stuff.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Brock

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Georgetown

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Was able to retire very young.

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? South Island Georgetown, Buck Hall, Garris Landing.

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): Inshore 5 and rising: Offshore, I do it when it’s calm but is still get sick: Shrimp Baiting 9!

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? Probably average more than 2x per week.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Always Looking for more folks to go fishing and boating with particularity during the week and during Shrimp Baiting season.

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Exploring the low country Waters and Beaches, Hunting, Home renovations, Mechanics.

22’ Carolina Skiff
“For Reel”

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Jesse

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? North Charleston

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? In the Air Force, Radio’s/comm.

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? Leeds on Ashley or Wapoo cut.

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): Inshore 4. Beach 6. Crab dock 10.

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? 5/6 Times a month but probably only 2/3 a month from the boat.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Yes, but I usually don’t know when I’m going until the lay minute. Usually I take off work during the week to put boat in and fish.

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Dad of two babies, coin collection, yard sales, and fixing what’s broke. Used to try for green grass but became a renter recently.

I usually find myself at the mouth of the jetties wishing I had another 3’ of boat. I like bottom fishing and jigging, always hoping for the big one. I don’t really eat much fish but have the itch to catch em! Grew up in Beaufort in a bateau on Broad River.

2002 17’SeaHunt

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy
  1. OTHER HOBBIES? Wrenching on everything that needs it, I’m a home-based FFL so guns are a big deal, hunting, typical stuff.
    </font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Ooh – good to know. Do you handle transfers and, if so, for how much?

2017 Sportsman 211 w/ F150XB “Marital Property”

#TheWorstFishermanInTheWorld

1.WHATS YOUR NAME.Benny

2.APROXIMATLEY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Easley

3.WHAT DO YOU DO ? Retired from AT&T Buy,sell,trade almost anything. I have put sellers and buyers together on this forum.

4.WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN ? Member Freedom Boat Club so the boat is already in the water. I love it when I come to Murrell’s Inlet.

5.FISHING SKILL LEVEL ? I’d rather be lucky than good but I have been fishing for 60 years fresh and saltwater.

1. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT ? Once a week when I’m home, more when I’m on the coast.

2. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORM NUMBERS ? Yes, I have made quite a few friend through this site with people who have taken me out on their boats and now I’m ready to repay their hospitality.

3. OTHER HOBBIES? Playing in the dirt with my John Deere and travelling. I told my wife I would take her to many places, mostly where I could fish.

I’d rather fish than eat.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

In God We Trust

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME?

Brett

1. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

Greenville

1. WHAT DO YOU DO?

Non-Destructive Testing(NDT), specifically Industrial Radiography… So, I x-ray stuff

1. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN?

Usually Jocassee, chasing trout and waterfalls. Looking to head offshore a bit eventually, so will be trailering to Charleston and Georgetown.

1. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10):

My fishing abilities are very, erm… ungood. We can just leave it at that haha

1. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING?

Once a month if I’m lucky

1. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS?

Any time. Looking for all the help and instruction I can get as I’m new to saltwater fishing, at least out of a boat. This is an entirely new game to me. And I’m in the upstate so if anyone ever needs company to any of the lakes up here, I’m your man

1. OTHER HOBBIES?

College football, hunting, camping/hiking the local mountains, and just hanging out with my 10 year old son

————————
2018 Sportsman 212, Yamaha 150
13’ aluminum flat-bottom, Merc 9.9 4-stroke

Hi all, signed up to post in here. Have been lurking for awhile.

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Carl

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? IOP

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Veterinarian

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? No boat. Fish off piers or beach

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): 3, hoping to improve

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? Weekly

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Boatless, ready to pitch in for gas, food, and drinks.

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Volleyball, food

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Bobby

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Lexington

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Finance/Banking

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? Remley’s / Edisto

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): 5ish Offshore

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? Once things start heating up 3-4 times a month in April-October.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Absolutely, Usually take friends and family first, but have had success with a few members in the past and always open. Disclaimer, we do split all cost from fuel to bait, ect

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Family, son is 10 years old and plays sports. Spend a lot of time on Lake Murray as well.

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Bob

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Anderson SC

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Purchasing

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? Remleys, Shem Creek, Folly River

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): I am a 5 inshore and a projected 5 offshore.

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? Try to get to the coast at least once per month April - October. Plan to retire end of this year so hopefully more often after that

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Absolutely

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Hanging with the grandkids

By the way Jeff, I was the guy discussing Cajun anchors with you about this time last year. Did you ever get one made?

BadBob

Polar 1910 BB 150 Johnson
“Convict Hunter”

If you ain’t the lead dog then the scenery never changes

WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Shane

1. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Mt. Pleasant, SC

2. WHAT DO YOU DO? Engineer

3. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? Remley’s

4. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): 10 fishing, 1.5 catching (up from 1.0)

5. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? weekly based on weather. sometimes hop on larger boats for deep sea fun. Always contribute well.

6. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Lots of fun.

7. OTHER HOBBIES? drones, flipping homes

Welcome

I’m looking to start posting on here a lot more, and this seems like a great way to start.

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? - My name is Griffin.

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? - I live in Spartanburg.

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? - I’m a polymer chemist.

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? - I’ve fished pretty much every system on the South Carolina coast with the exception of Hilton Head (inshore, that is).

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): - Inshore, I’d give myself a solid 5. I catch fish more often than not and have enough know-how to be more of an asset than a liability. My offshore experience is limited to one shark tournament, so I’ll say a one solely because I’ve made it out there at least once.

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? - As often as a young man who lives in the Upstate can. I try to make it twice a month from late summer into fall but usually fall way short, although I may be able to go more now that I’m not in college anymore.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? - Without question.

8. OTHER HOBBIES? - I’m a self-taught guitarist and I work out five days a week. I’m also a Western TV Show fanatic (Gunsmoke is by far my favorite - I have huge poster of Matt Dillon in my office). Other than that, I spend my free time learning new knots, looking for new spots to try on the map, and dreaming about the next time I can get out on the water.

“Only a fool thinks he knows it all.”

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? - William

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? - Ladson

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? - Work for Shimano North America

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? - Sea Breeze Tolers or W.O. Thomas

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): - Jigging will hang with the best if not top them. Done a whole lot of king mackerel fishing all other pelagic species either trolling o jigging. Could not catch a redfish or trout without a gig to save my life.

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? - 1-2 days per week.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? - Of course even though its about to be sold

8. OTHER HOBBIES? - I love upland bird hunting and working with bird dogs.