Who pushed it over the edge? talking about poof

Nothing strange or scary to anyone that Christians are commanded to be like Jesus as in CHRIST-ian. Only people who have been taught to be subservient fear the name of Jesus Christ, in relation to believers.

“The big one’s still swimming, let’s go.”

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Your right Pee! I think, he think’s, he is the Word of GOD

quote:
Originally posted by mac daddy

Nothing strange or scary to anyone that Christians are commanded to be like Jesus as in CHRIST-ian. Only people who have been taught to be subservient fear the name of Jesus Christ, in relation to believers.

Did Jesus poof threads?

this one’ll poof soon

This one won’t poof until the ‘good ole boys’ get involved heavily, which may not happen here.

Fred made 2 posts and quit, Larry quit, Skinneej quit, more than coincidence.

It is my understanding Gotcha represents administration on the Christian threads, when he says poof, it happens.

Someone has shut down this thread also. We’ll see what goes from here on.

quote:
Larry quit,

I ain’t never quit anything in my life Mac Daddy, you make a lot of assumptions. There ain’t no quit in me, but I’m not standing by every second waiting on the word according to Mac Daddy either. :wink:

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by poke salad

http://www.postandcourier.com/section/faith-and-values

P&C claims Christians opposition to same sex marriage is the cause for driving people away from religion,among others.Many examples of that right here on this site.

No wonder it went poof,just because someone doesn’t agree, doesnt mean they shall burn up in some hell.

Who cares? Honestly, I won't lose any sleep over it. Christianity isn't about picking and choosing what you want to believe, and\or if it suits your lifestyle. If someone believes that God defined marriage between a man and a woman, then the P&C sure as heck is not going to be what changes their mind.

In 20 years from now, you guys are going to be upset because adultery will be the new trend like it is in France and you won’t be happy with Christians that won’t accept adultery as “tolerance” to other people’s choices.

You can argue this point all you want. All it shows is that you don’t understand “Christianity”. “Christianity” is about loving God and putting him before yourself, not modifying God to fit your own fleshly desires.

quote:
In 20 years from now, you guys are going to be upset because adultery will be the new trend like it is in France and you won't be happy with Christians that won't accept adultery as "tolerance" to other people's choices.

In 20 more years it won’t matter to me, I’ll probably be raptured already :smiley: And if I were to trade in my 60 year old wife on 3 -20’s, which isn’t gong to happen, I wouldn’t make it nearly that long :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I just think its funny a gay rights supporter calls himself poke salad.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

I nominate this for post of the year!!! Well played sir!!! Well played!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
In 20 years from now, you guys are going to be upset because adultery will be the new trend like it is in France and you won't be happy with Christians that won't accept adultery as "tolerance" to other people's choices.

In 20 more years it won’t matter to me, I’ll probably be raptured already :smiley: And if I were to trade in my 60 year old wife on 3 -20’s, which isn’t gong to happen, I wouldn’t make it nearly that long :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

Black Bart and myself will make sure to put your brain in a jar and bring you back in a few decades. The future is going to look scary though... Taco Bell will be the only restaurant, Mountain Dew will be the only beverage, and Bayliner will be the only boat manufacturer. Scary times ahead!!!
quote:
Taco Bell will be the only restaurant, Mountain Dew will be the only beverage, and Bayliner will be the only boat manufacturer. Scary times ahead!!!

That is much more frightening to me than the ends of time [:0]

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

That is much more frightening to me than the ends of time [:0]

And you didn't even ask if we were going to install Cracker Larry 2.0 into a chimp or orangutan!!!

I remember “vain, idle words” being mentioned in the previous thread.

Those three items certainly fit that category, and 20 years from now also falls in there, according to end time prophecies.

Good to have you back in old S. C. Skinneej.

In 2000 years (but probably sooner than that) this will be a discussion on a different religion with the same proponents and naysayers and all those in between. It happened with the Egyptians and their gods, the Greeks with their gods, the Romans with their gods, etc., etc. All those in the past had THE god, no other religion was correct except theirs. The same will happen in the future to Christians, Islamists, Hindus, Buddhists, and any other religion you wish to insert here.

j

Oh my! skinneej is a MD disciple according to Garp MD! Welcome back into the fold Oh skinneej one!

quote:
Originally posted by jisuho

In 2000 years (but probably sooner than that) this will be a discussion on a different religion with the same proponents and naysayers and all those in between. It happened with the Egyptians and their gods, the Greeks with their gods, the Romans with their gods, etc., etc. All those in the past had THE god, no other religion was correct except theirs. The same will happen in the future to Christians, Islamists, Hindus, Buddhists, and any other religion you wish to insert here.

j

Yeah, that's not really true... And Judaism has been around for over 4000+ years now. Islam, Buddism, and Hinduism in it's modern form are all pretty young comparatively. Islam is a knock off of the Bible that didn't come into concept until 700 AD. Note that a lot of archaeology supports Biblical history whereas there is direct evidence against the claims of Islam (specifically their claims around Mecca and such).

The Romans and Greeks were happy to give up their gods because they knew that they were fairy tales.

You only say this because this is what you conceptualize in your head as a logical argument, but if you actually did some research you would see that the Bible is a lot more historical than you think.

Also note that Islam recognizes pretty much all of the prophets in the Bible (they even acknowledge that Jesus is real). So, that’s about 4 BILLION people today who understand Jesus to be a legit historical figure.

There is more written evidence that Jesus existed than there is for Napoleon. Just something to think about…

[/quote]

Yeah, that’s not really true… And Judaism has been around for over 4000+ years now. Islam, Buddism, and Hinduism in it’s modern form are all pretty young comparatively. Islam is a knock off of the Bible that didn’t come into concept until 700 AD. Note that a lot of archaeology supports Biblical history whereas there is direct evidence against the claims of Islam (specifically their claims around Mecca and such).

The Romans and Greeks were happy to give up their gods because they knew that they were fairy tales.

You only say this because this is what you conceptualize in your head as a logical argument, but if you actually did some research you would see that the Bible is a lot more historical than you think.

Also note that Islam recognizes pretty much all of the prophets in the Bible (they even acknowledge that Jesus is real). So, that’s about 4 BILLION people today who understand Jesus to be a legit historical figure.

There is more written evidence that Jesus existed than there is for Napoleon. Just something to think about…
[/quote]

Thank you for quickly validating my point. I knew it wouldn’t take long.

j

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

don't tell a lie because you don't agree,not the Christian thing to do.I'd question how your mind is programmed with that comment.