Why bother

Maybe it’s just me, but have any of you noticed the people on the roads with the “M” series Beemers, AMG Merc’s, Audi R8’s,Corvettes, Porches, supe’d up Mustangs and Camaros are typically the people causing parade-like precession lines on the roads because of how slow they drive? Why bother spending the money on the extra horsepower if you’re not going to drive fast enough to keep carbon from building up?

I’m looking for one less demographic to road rage about so if someone can explain this one for me, I’d greatly appreciate it.

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

They want make sure everybody sees them.

kinda like at the Golden Coral buffet. the biggest candyass in there has on a TapOut shirt

go figure

Maybe they drove it fast the first day and then didn’t like the result at the gas pump.

No carbon in my mustang, but I see that all of the time myself. Just got behind a Porsche the other day with a lady just cruising with the whole road open in front of her.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

How fast should they drive?

If you take a look at them, they are mostly older people! They always wanted a car like that, but while they were raising their families and paying for the kids college, they drove the old beaters, while Mom, drove the kids around in the new car! Now that most of Dads, obligations to the family paycheck are over, it’s his turn! Can you blame him :question: You ***** all you want, but hopefully you’ll get there one day! My new 69 Roadrunner, turned into a Station Wagon, and stayed like that, until I bought a 97 Ram, just for me! A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do:wink: Besides, they’re retired and don’t have to be there any special time! If they do, they have the sense to leave a little earlier so they don’t have to rush:smiley:

They probably got in it one time, almost crapped their pants and are now scared to do it again.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

My friends and I all drive our cars at 11/10ths, just not on the roads. Want to push something to the limits, join us for an autocross and see how well you can drive.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

kinda like at the Golden Coral buffet. the biggest candyass in there has on a TapOut shirt

go figure

First, why are you in a Golden Coral??? Second,... Ahhhh forget about it.

I don’t recall saying they should drive any particular speed but let’s face it, sports cars/high-performance cars typically aren’t highly sought after by the crowd simply looking for comfy ride during the Sunday drive. A sports suspension rides nothing like a touring suspension. That’s my point, why bother buying a such a car if you’re not going to use the car in a manner it was intended to be used.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Easy, but my idea of “getting there one day” doesn’t include this type of vehicle. Don’t get me wrong, if a 1965 Ford Cobra AC fell into my lap, I’d burn the wheels off of it but in all honesty, if I can’t tow the boat around with it or take the four wheeler to the hunt club, it’s not on the list of things I need/want. My truck is more than capable of breaking every speed limit in the state so it goes plenty fast for me. I get the whole “because I can afford it now” concept but still, you’re buying a sledgehammer to drive in a finish nail. I’ve been to the BMW driving school a few times and to see what those cars (M series) are truly designed to take makes this whole scenario even more perplexing. These types of cars were designed and built to driven in a high performance manner, not to be the “Driving Miss Daisy” runabout.

I just couldn’t imagine owning a toy like that and not “playing with it” from time to time.

That’s a good one, PP!! That’s just like that same guy being decked out in head-to-toe spandex to ride a bicycle. I assure you that’s not helping his aerodynamics. Lol!

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

Why do people buy a diesel set up to tow 15K pounds yet never tow more than a lawn trailer or Jon boat?

Why do cars always block the diesel pump when the rest of the station is wide open?

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

Why do people buy a diesel set up to tow 15K pounds yet never tow more than a lawn trailer or Jon boat?

Why do cars always block the diesel pump when the rest of the station is wide open?

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Makes them feel like a man when they pull into the Wal-Mart in a handicapped space?

RBF

Those cars are boring in a straight line on the open road. They probably bought them to push hard in the twisties or on/off the on ramps when the mood struck them.

My Merc can drive as hard as any m series or older Vette, but when on the open road I am usually traveling for work and want to get good gas mileage and comfort. So it’s cruise control and sticking around the speed limit.

A RWD sedan is probably the most fun car to drive in my opinion. Still room to carry folks, a real trunk, but tons of power and suspension to be fun when needed. With wide rear tires and over 400 #'s of torque, my car can be fun when pushed in a turn. But you will probably see me most of the time in the slow lane on the open road.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Why do people park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

You don’t have to spend that kinda money to go fast. Folks buy those cars because they can or maybe some kinda status thing. I got an old '85 Chevy that can take them all in a quarter mile.

0 to 60?? how bout 0 to 125??

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

The new recreated American muscle cars have inspired a whole new generation of “tuff guys” at the green lights on 17… One day I swear I will see someone with cigarettes (maybe organic mint chews) rolled up in their sleeve get out of one of those cars…

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

I don’t think that bothers me as much as how in the last 10-15 years everyone for some screwed up reason likes to drive in the Hammer lane and not Hammer on it. I’ve seen people actually switch from the right lane to the left and slow down people. The Right lane will be clear for miles and will these morons give way and pull back to the right lane?.. NO. you actually have to go against all teachings and pass on the right. Get in the passing lane, pass and move back over. And don’t run 71 to pass someone running 70.

In Georgia they’ll actually give you a ticket for running slower than traffic in the passing lane. Wish they would do that in S.C.

Bangstick Not much different that all the ones that buy a 4 X 4 and jack it up, put a set of big “mudders” on and never once take it in a mud hole that the extra clearance and big aggressive tires were made for. Styling and profilin.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Yeah, I don’t get these new “muscle” cars. No Chevy, Dodge, or Ford car is worth $75k-$100k. What’s the point if the resale value drops like a rock and the interior bits fall apart after 3-4 years. I’ll take a high performance German car over a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, Corvette, etc. any day.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115