Will the rain affect the fishing next week??

After seeing some of the pics of water almost up to the bottom of the dockhouse at Sam’s Point in the last couple of days-it got me to wondering what affect it might have on the fishing for when we get down there next?? We mostly just hit the Lucy Creek area and directly across the way from Sam’s Point…

Hey Doug, no telling how it will be. Ton of fresh water gonna be pouring in. plan to take y’all for a try.

Worried about some friends that live around Columbia right now…bad stuff that looks to get worse.

Will be in touch.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Yeah we’ve seen some pics from Columbia too-daughter has a lot of friends out in the Lexington area.

Keep in touch! We’ll be in the same house as usual :wink:

I am in Columbia right in the middle of the worse of it. Just waiting on the river to crest to see if it is going to get any worse. I have reservations at Hunting this coming weekend for fishing at the inlet for bulls and shrimping. If anyone wants to pm me with the state of the waters, or expected conditions, we are seriously thinking about canceling our trip. Weather looks phenomenal though, so might just come down to get away from work and enjoy the area.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

We’ll be down at Hunting Island as well next week starting Sunday. I’m hoping the bite is as good as the weather, but who knows… Maybe we’ll see you around. We’ll be in #88

Champion 202 Bass and Bay

I did hear that the water never got low enough yesterday for any oystering to be done :frowning:

Next related question…anyone have a feel for how the traffic is on the I-95/I-26 detour up in Columbia?? We have the option of coming down either I-65 or I-75 to Atlanta and coming in from the south if needed but it does add another hour travel time…

I just want to get down to Coosaw!!! Yesterday wouldn’t have been soon enough at this point:sunglasses:

SCDOT posted today, all of I-26 is open. However, it says parts of I-95 remained closed and it says that in Orangburg county it is local trafic only, NO through traffic. I’m not sure what that means. The map shows I-95 closed between I-26 and I-20 and some of the verbiage discusses at marker 113. I-26 comes in at marker 86. The SCDOT web cams show all of the northbound traffic being re-routeed onto I-26. The SCDOT website and 511 message states that all interstate traffic is being routed through I-26 and I-20.

Sea Hunt BX22 Br
WS Tarpon 140

Thanks jc! We’ve been monitoring the SCDOT website all week. I posted up a question on their FB page this afternoon and was told that I-26 is open, busy but flowing smoothly…and to keep supporting you find folds in SC :smiley:

Sooo…as soon as we can finish packing everything we’ll be hitting the road and going across the lovely state of SC sometime tomorrow!!!

The rain didn’t hurt the fishing yesterday at all, but more rain is coming today :face_with_head_bandage:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Dad and I got out for a couple hours this morning after high tide. Water was pretty smooth so we went across the basin and hit the mouth of a creek. Didn’t do too bad using live shrimp under Cajon Thunders-kept a handful of 16"-20"trout and threw that many back that were in the healthy 13"-14" range. Figures-first day I’ve been fishing without my wife down here and I’m catching them as soon as the first shrimp hit the water:sunglasses:

Came back to the dock in the rain and loaded the boat for Wildlifesc to mount up a trolling motor…Dad was wet but is still talking about how good the fishing was :smiley:

Hopefully the next ten days sees us keeping that kind of fishing action going!!!

The rain hasn’t hurt the fish or shrimping much around HHI :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Larry’s bragging. That a photo from the fish market! :smiley:

Dadfsr,
How was the drive down?

Sea Hunt BX22 Br
WS Tarpon 140

quote:
Larry's bragging. That a photo from the fish market!

They say it ain’t bragging if you can prove it. I can :smiley:

Fish market was near the May River. At least the boat ramp was.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
Larry's bragging. That a photo from the fish market!

It ain’t bragging if you can prove it:smiley:

Fish market was near May River.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Now if he’d had Jiggy with him…:smiley:

And before yall complain about how the fish is held, it’s an upper slot going in the cooler, pushed for photo. It wasn’t released:wink:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Good shot of Uncle Herb, Larry! Good on y’all!

If there is a fish or shrimp to be found, Uncle Herb can find it and knows how to catch it. One of the best fisherman that I know. Better than me. He does it almost every day though and that helps a lot. I’m proud to call him a friend. Dang fine man.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Thinking of chasing bull’s off edisto one day this week. Anybody been down there since the rains to see if they have been affected?

All things being equal, I would rather be on the water.