WTB Marlin 336 30-30

Looking for a good used Marlin 336 30-30 rifle. A Henry would be an option, but prefer a Marlin. My number is +18435601338. Thanks

Anyone out there have one or know of one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

What would be a good price for a Marlin in excellent shape? Are the newer ones as good as the jm stamped ones? Thanks

I have noticed something about this site over the years, if you’re not a friend, or a friend of a friend, you don’t get much or any input on questions asked or help. Maybe it’s just me, but, it is real frustrating. I don’t post a whole slot on on here for that reason.

Hope this helps

Good luck

1 Like

I appreciate that, if you click on those, they are all sold except for 1, called the place and the guy said it was pending. Thanks for letting me know of those. May have to wait until hunting season is over.

Try Gunbroker. Some of the collector prices are kind of all over the place. If I only knew way back then what I know now, doggone!

Always liked the Marlin 336 and Winchester 94

Saw the questions but didn’t have anything to add. I haven’t been into gun trading in a while but used armslist a lot when I did.

I recently read an article about how Ruger purchased Marlin and currently only makes the 1895 I believe, Mayodan NC plant that makes Ruger AR’s. I have held a stainless one in .45-70 (I think it’s the only thing it’s chambered in for now). Gorgeous and balanced, he said it didn’t hurt too bad at the range either

My first centerfire was a 336 .30-30 but it’s not leaving the family during my lifetime. The Ruger plant had plans to resurrect that model too, so maybe you can get a good price on a new one soon if the used market sucks.

Good luck!

I recently came across a few, but the one I’m willing to let go is not in the best condition. If I remember right, surface rust on the barrel, but fully functional.

Don’t take it personally. This site is going downhill due to owners that refuse to take the trash out. There are still a few good members left here. I don’t look at CF as much anymore these days. Armslist used to be a great source, but now they want a blood sample to sell/buy guns on there. It’s much more difficult than it used to be. And just some friendly advice, be patient when asking about buying guns. Nobody wants a jumpy gun transaction. :grinning:

Let me look at the one I got. I’ll send you some pictures early next week.

Thank you for the response. I totally agree with your comments. Like you said, Armslist use to be a good site to go to, I know Marlins are real scary to find right now, but the prices they are asking are outrageous. I don’t have to have one today, tomorrow, or next week, I just want to add to the collection. If you would send those pictures I would love to see them. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone

I have a 336 in .35 Remington, can’t even find ammo for it anymore…

Carolina Rod and Gun had a Marlin 30-30 in .45 today…$1600

Wow, sounds like that one was made of gold. Several years ago, these were a couple hundred dollar guns. I am expecting to pay a good bit for one, but not that much.

Carolina Rod & Gun usually has a nice inventory on hand, but it might be because their prices are kinda high. Just picking. Sometimes they have fair prices on some long guns/rifles. The gun smith services seem reasonable. Had some rifles parkerized there at a good fair price. Nice work on the park jobs too. Shop around, Check Gunbroker, sometimes a deal might show up that doesn’t get bid up. Check with local gun stores inventories and transfer fees. Good luck.

Thanks a lot I will keep looking.

I looked at a Henry Model 009a few minutes ago, they had one in stock for 728.00 plus tax. Nice looking rifle but tube feed loading. Is that a good gun compared to the 336 as far as dependency and accuracy?

I don’t know about Henry but they have a good reputation. Shocked at prices though!

This one appears to load like a Marlin

Hey Bubba, I got your PM’s. Sorry, I wasn’t offering my 336 up for sale. I was simply posting the challenges as to finding ammo in the .35 Remington caliber.

I called Sportsman Warehouse and those Henry’s are not available now. I even called the store in North Charleston and they couldn’t help me with one.

I’ll keep an eye out. I think I know what you’re looking for.