Y'all,,,,

38-35 Tigers
I think SC offense will pick us apart in the short passing lanes and run with more gusto than anyone we’ve seen this year. Watson will go deep several times to embarrass USC secondary

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Because Clemson’s defense is better than the defenses SC has played so far?

That’s interesting.

It actually is…

but that has nothing to do with the level of reckless abandon and intensity the coots will be playing with if it is the last game of their season…

This same schtick goes on in Alabama, and in other in state rivalry’s, and to some degree it’s worse. Killing trees and such. While I can understand it, it makes me cherish the rivalry that I grew up with. My dad was a Naval Academy grad. Class of '46. I grew up with a turkey sandwich and the Army-Navy game as a staple of my football crazy youth. Through all those years I became more and more of a fan of the game as I realized what those guys were representing. I can’t watch the game now without crying like a teenage girl when they stand on the field and face each other to sing their alma matre’s. The respect they show to each other is humbling. The soul of America is on full display that day. It’s a good benchmark, a darned tall one, but our in state rivalry could do a lot worse than aiming a little higher and trying to duplicate it.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

quote:
Originally posted by bossdog1

This same schtick goes on in Alabama, and in other in state rivalry’s, and to some degree it’s worse. Killing trees and such. While I can understand it, it makes me cherish the rivalry that I grew up with. My dad was a Naval Academy grad. Class of '46. I grew up with a turkey sandwich and the Army-Navy game as a staple of my football crazy youth. Through all those years I became more and more of a fan of the game as I realized what those guys were representing. I can’t watch the game now without crying like a teenage girl when they stand on the field and face each other to sing their alma matre’s. The respect they show to each other is humbling. The soul of America is on full display that day. It’s a good benchmark, a darned tall one, but our in state rivalry could do a lot worse than aiming a little higher and trying to duplicate it.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

I think you have to become more familiar with the social and political history of the Clemson and Carolina rivalry to understand the bitterness that sometimes erupts.

South Carolina people fought the very founding of Clemson College.

Clemson supporters successfully shut down Carolina College just after Civil War Reconstruction.

Major leaders of our state have used either school and their fan bases as scapegoats in the political arena for years.

The rivalry began as a social class battle of common blue collar people vs the white collared elite in the state.

It’s nothing like the rivalry you described with Army-Navy, although I wish sometimes it was. We can’t ignore history…

Some of us have been to both schools, and have family who went to both. Some of us don’t hate one another. It’s often the folks who didn’t go to either but take up the worst of a particular side

quote:
Originally posted by Phin
quote:
Originally posted by bossdog1

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

I think you have to become more familiar with the social and political history of the Clemson and Carolina rivalry to understand the bitterness that sometimes erupts.

South Carolina people fought the very founding of Clemson College.

Clemson supporters successfully shut down Carolina College just after Civil War Reconstruction.

Major leaders of our state have used either school and their fan bases as scapegoats in the political arena for years.

The rivalry began as a social class battle of common blue collar people vs the white collared elite in the state.

It’s nothing like the rivalry you described with Army-Navy, although I wish sometimes it was. We can’t ignore history…

Some of us have been to both scho

I think you are saying you’ve pulled ^ the ejection handle on your coot fighter jet’s seat.

I am not sure though…

Too much history to keep up wit,working too much and fishing too little…reality in the SEC is a Mofo.:sunglasses:

quote:

I think you are saying you’ve pulled ^ the ejection handle on your coot fighter jet’s seat.

I am not sure though…

This sounds like a FISH OFF!!!</font id=“size6”></font id=“maroon”>

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

I am not sure though…

This sounds like a FISH OFF!!!</font id=“size6”></font id=“maroon”>

Yea,yeahhhhhh that’s what I meant…If I lose in fish off what’s the worst thing can happen anyhow…Wid all the avets I done got me,at least I will lose in style.:sunglasses:

Rookie mistake…no matter how many avets you have…Phin has more.

Trust me.

Yea I’m getting some of his older stuff and still looking good doing it.:smiley:

Please don’t tell my wife these aren’t zebcos.