Yeti vs K2

I need a cooler for work to store product and protect it a few days from heat. Cosmetics, etc, aren’t a big deal. I tested a Yeti 65 a friend lent me and it did well.

Yeti is far prouder in price than K2. Does anyone feel that there is a significant difference? Is there anything else out there I should look at?

I don’t think there’s any significant difference from one to the next. I have an ORCA, it’s awesome but they went up in price recently. I also have an Engel sitting new in the plastic bag and box that I haven’t used yet. The Engel just has a different style latch.

Thing I like most about the ORCA is it’s Made in America and has a lifetime warranty. On The Fly sportsman consignment shop on 17 in Mt. P near 526 interchange is an ORCA dealer.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

If you can get away with a little bit smaller, the 55 qt Igloo sportsman they sell at Sam’s Wholesale for $199 is a great cooler. It was much better than a Yeti I had, and held ice longer.

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

You know you have plenty of money peddling those cakes and muffins. Spend big.

Saw this, some on sale…didn’t read entire article.

http://www.coolersonsale.com/grizzly-coolers-vs-yeti/#

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Coleman Extreme is a great value - I paid $75 for a 150qt and it held ice for 4 days on my last camping trip. Same Yeti is well over $600. If I get 5 years out of the Extreme, it will take 40 years of buying new ones to equal the price of the Yeti…

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

somebody had to say it.

vinman is a baller.

he hasn’t posted in a month+, now this.

i predict he upgrades his boat before fall.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod
quote:

somebody had to say it.

vinman is a baller.

^^^THIS^^^. By the way, what’s up, Vin? Miss seeing you on here!

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Thanks for the great advice! Many I hadn’t considered.

I’m going to start posting more. I’m just waiting for my new Log In name to get approved.

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

You missed us, didn’t you?

quote:
Originally posted by Vinman

I need a cooler for work to store product and protect it a few days from heat. Cosmetics, etc, aren’t a big deal. I tested a Yeti 65 a friend lent me and it did well.

Yeti is far prouder in price than K2. Does anyone feel that there is a significant difference? Is there anything else out there I should look at?

Try a Bison cooler same as Yeti !!!
A little cheeper yet same !!!

Vinman
90 HP Honda

K2 has a scratch and dent section that has considerably lower prices i got mine from the site and haven’t had any problems. Main thing with all these coolers is that they only keep ice with the lid shut using quality ice. Every time you open the lid you let hot air in and “seal” it in until it melts more ice and cools again. I would expect them all to hold ice for 3 days with moderate use.

quote:
Originally posted by allhungup

K2 has a scratch and dent section that has considerably lower prices i got mine from the site and haven’t had any problems. Main thing with all these coolers is that they only keep ice with the lid shut using quality ice. Every time you open the lid you let hot air in and “seal” it in until it melts more ice and cools again. I would expect them all to hold ice for 3 days with moderate use.

I just found the scratch and dent. MUCH better deals

DF, you going to McCartney?

Vinman
90 HP Honda

You calling DF queer?

Inside and outside dimensions were a concern, so I went with the scratch and dent K2 Wheeled Summit 60 with a 4 barrel carburetor and a compass in the stock.

I’m actually going to be storing chocolate donuts in it for a day or two until I get them sold. I wish I’d had it THIS week!

Vinman
90 HP Honda

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart
quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod
quote:

somebody had to say it.

vinman is a baller.

^^^THIS^^^. By the way, what’s up, Vin? Miss seeing you on here!

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

I quit posting because Peapod picks on me.

Bart they’ve got guns out in Charleston again! We need to get your niece and Meggypegs on the boat, put them on some fish, and sit back with a 12 pack and solve this crap. Getting ridiculous!

Vinman
90 HP Honda

As you can see Vin, Peapod has not grown up or matured in the least. We tolerate him kind of like the weird aunt.

What’s McCartney?

Paul McCartney. He’s coming to Columbia next Thursday. Thought that would be news up your way! We got tickets was gonna link up if you were going

Vinman
90 HP Honda

quote:

You missed us, didn’t you?

Cooler question and I’m already a flaming topic! Inquiring minds wanna know!:clown_face:

Vinman
90 HP Honda

Nah, will be out of town next week until Wednesday night. You are welcome to crash here Thursday night if you’d like.

Not a word Pea!

quote:

Nah, will be out of town next week until Wednesday night. You are welcome to crash here Thursday night if you’d like.

Not a word Pea!

He turned 74 yesterday and this is his first concert in SC in 50 years. We’ll hook up on the next one. Its only Paul McCartney

Vinman
90 HP Honda