You can't plant lemon seeds....

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I’m coming to rob your house during the zombie apocalypse…

A living breathing Skinnie is terrifying, can’t imagine an undead one!!

Ahhhhh!!!

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

I used to do the same thing in college, for a different “fruit” though…

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

Dave,
I looked at a car in an impound lot one time that had a almost 3 foot tall plant growing in the front floor board. It leaked enough to create a nice hydroponic well.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

What kind of plant:question:

quote:
Originally posted by Too Busy

Dave,
I looked at a car in an impound lot one time that had a almost 3 foot tall plant growing in the front floor board. It leaked enough to create a nice hydroponic well.

Thats funny! Musta been a few seeds lying around in the floor boards

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
President, Summerville Saltwater Anglers

My uncle has a lemon tree at his house on Edisto that was started like that. It got to be 15’ tall before he cut it back. Produced lemons the size of grapefruits. They made the best lemonade. Hopefully it will start producing again soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

What kind of plant:question:

7 leaves in clusters

About an inch tall at the one week mark…looking good for Bonzo.

We’ll be having fresh lemonade in no time.

aww, it is so cute…

ok so I looked into seeding cherries…gotta keep them in the fridge for like 8 months!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I’m now at the five month mark almost and plants are looking good. Some are doing better than others, but for the most part, I’m very pleased. I gave the best looking one to my mom; that plant is about ten inches tall now and spouting leaves every week. Just so happens that it was the one with the long root system that went underneath the paper towel back on page one. The one I kept for myself has grown about seven inches and looking pretty healthy.

I cut up some fresh lemons the other day for some more seedlings. And Bonzo, I still owe you a plant!

Hmmm, delicious lemons ready for my sweet tea!

Forgot to mention last time about removing the outter membrane from the seed once you pull it out of the ripe lemon. The membrane is the white thing that I’ve started to peel off here.

Lots of good prospects out of this one…they almost look like uncooked popcorn.

Looking good!

The plants are looking good.
Try doing the same with an apple seed.

Double D.

quote:
Originally posted by Double D

The plants are looking good.
Try doing the same with an apple seed.

Double D.

I thought apples were much harder to grow from seeds, no?

You may have already addressed this? Can you grow lemon trees from cuttings? Can you graft lemon trees onto an orange tree? That would be pretty neat!

I know that if you want apple trees to bare fruit, you have to do this. Not sure about lemons. My only experience if from planting and messing around with the Meyers.

Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTRC1DQ8AXo

I’m also growing a pineapple in a pot right now, I’ll let you know how that goes.

Wow! I guess you can grow a Fruit Salad Tree from grafts. Be a long term project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJHexGzUpDg

Easy
I had a party tree in my backyard in Florida. Oranges, lemons and grapefruit all grafted onto a sour orange root stock.

A few of the local nurseries around Ocala kept them in stock for the home growers.

Hush, don’t tell 23! Next thing you know he will be promising one to Bonzo! Bonzo will be 93 before he gets it[:0]

They sold lemon trees at Walmart last Spring… for those who can’t wait

Or call Mckenzie Farms if you really can’t wait. They stock a whole line of cold hardy citrus.

There’s something satisfying about growing one from a seed. I’m going to try it at least. Everything I read says that you can expect to bare fruit after three years. 6 months down!!