Your Independence Day Plans

what are yours?

Fireworks by water? Morris Island, dogs running gloriously* on the beach? Drum Island/Boat Life Charleston bikini contest? Raft up at Reds? Dolphin riding in shems creek?

pictures on 7/5 or it didn’t happen.

I’m at the preliminary, early, feasibility study stage.

at this point, it looks like me and Bonzo are throwing ribs in the crockpot and partying on his giant deck. I said exactly what I mint.

Wasn’t invited to the Bonzo Party so, just smoking some ribs in the smoker, drink a few beers and float around in the pool. Oh, and wash the boat. No, Pea, that is not a euphemism.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

You know why there aren’t any knock knock jokes about Independence Day?

That’s because Freedom Rings! ZIIIIINNNNGGGGGG

I’ll be on call, so no partying for me but we plan on making a trip to the lake to see my buddy for his Bday. How badass is it to have a bday on the 4th? Pretty badass! lol

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Working.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Burgers on the grill, boat rides on the lake, jumping in the swimming pool, watermelon, stuffed jalapenos, lemonade, sweet tea, fireworks display after dark, etc.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

I personality think this country sucks and will be protesting it all night and all day tomorrow at a barn in western Lexington county. Any of you that agree and want to join me, PM for directions.

Boil p nuts ,cook copious amounts of meat on the grills and smokers.Drop some coin on fireworks for the kids.Get the in laws mad at me by drinking too much and shooting my old flares at them.In the old days we started the deer season on July 4th in Berkeley county.haha

quote:
Originally posted by sman

Boil p nuts ,cook copious amounts of meat on the grills and smokers.Drop some coin on fireworks for the kids.Get the in laws mad at me by drinking too much and shooting my old flares at them.In the old days we started the deer season on July 4th in Berkeley county.haha

Outstanding use of old flares.

Dayum 7

You win meats

quote:
Originally posted by sman

LOL!

How about roman candle wars? After my brother and I nursed several wounds the day after we gave up on them.

I’ll drop a little coin for the wife and some sparklers… other than that no fireworks for me.

As for the inlaw getting mad at me for drinking too much, it is reverse for me. My mom and dad hate it and the in laws encourage it.

Oh yeah and deer season used to unofficially start in Charleston county for 1 day on the 4th years ago as well.

I’m gonna watch Red Dawn and boil some peanuts like sman…prolly drink too much too…wonder how much the Uber surge fees will be tonight…will let y’all know tomorrow…or the next day…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

What time is dinner 7? I’ll bring some ribs and my own beer.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I think he just uninvited us

quote:
I think he just uninvited us

US? Did Bonzo “disinvite” you from the deck christening ceremony?

He won’t answer my 25 texts. He could be hungover from yesterday. He had a big day.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Ribs is all we dont have. You’re in.
Are (**()it. Are.

The ribs were awesome and I ate too many!

Me too. Sexytime probably not happening

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Me too. Sexytime probably not happening

Never say never… Kids and grandkids gone, I’ve showered, wife in the shower now, and me patiently waiting. Sexytime is about to commence. Life is too short to just think about it.