Your thoughts on how Charleston is growing?

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Screw Ohio and everyone moving from there. Screw all the Johnny come latelys. I’m staying here for work until I retire. Leaving and going to Beaufort after that. The hipsters can all go pound sand too.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Well, if no one from out of town moved in here, there would a severe shortage of qualified people to fill the jobs. Think I'm wrong? Find an employee from the new Volvo plant, and ask them how qualified the applicants are from the surrounding area. I have been told several times, that if Volvo knew there would be this much trouble finding qualified employees, they would have never built the plant.

As far as the growth, it was good times back in the day, land was cheap and available. If you complain about building on it, then buy it and pay the taxes. If not, someone else will come along and buy it for more, and build what they want. Good old property rights.

What’s worse, a native liberal, or a transplanted conservative?

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

The dumbass, conservative red neck.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish Folly Beach pay parking pisses me right off too

Didn’t see any of y’all folks at the folly town hall meetings to fight it back in 2007. Or maybe it was 08.

quote:
Originally posted by Rapchizzle
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish Folly Beach pay parking pisses me right off too

Didn’t see any of y’all folks at the folly town hall meetings to fight it back in 2007. Or maybe it was 08.

Weren’t you like 15 then? :smiley:

My wife’s family was there, I can assure you of that much! :smiley:

quote:

If I were you I’d say the same thing.

What do you expect in our work force when the liberal school system leaves no child behind? Welcome to the fruits of liberal idiots dumbing down America and now our new workforce.

Why Bruce?.. the ramblings of a disillusioned Hillary supporter.

quote:

I believe Fred could witness trump pissing on an old homeless lady, and he’d tell him he’s doing a hell of a job, really soaking her.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education/prek-12

I have lived my whole life on family land on John’s Island. I guess further comment is unnecessary…

quote:
Originally posted by Edisto82

I am all for the growth in Charleston as long as they stay on the other side of the Dawhoo. Although despite the majority of people doing their best to prevent it unfortunately Edisto might end up looking like Johns Island one day.

Being a *real Charleston native, I’ve seen a lot change. Getting from downtown to James Island during rush hour traffic 15years should would take at most 15mins. Now I can’t even imagine the time. It took me almost 2 hours to go 7.6 miles from work to home about 2 weeks ago.

Seems that it’s beyound overpopulated and everything goes up in price, except our paychecks. It’s about impossible just to get a “good morning” from anyone nowadays. Not the same Charleston I grew up knowing

There is no substitute for hard work-Thomas A Edison

Nice job Bonzo…

Stirring the pot.

You gots a beautiful city on some of the best water. Do what you can to save it.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

I’ve said for most of my 37 years that I’d never have any reason to leave, everything I want is right here…

Unfortunately now there’s more that I don’t want than what I do want here. Not sure if, or when, but I’m seriously thinking about relocating. The schools are suffering, and so is my sanity.

As far as Poopy Ball’s comment about the workers, what that guy didn’t tell you is that they won’t pay to get people worth a (**(). Same thing Boeing did and same complaints they made - I watched it from the inception and trained the unqualified people coming in, while the qualified workers that WANTED to work their asses off sat on the sidelines over a couple of $/hr. It’s happening to this day.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

So when was the best time to live Iin Charleston?
And why?

And why?

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

And why?

Ohio didn’t know about us then…

I just wish all of these construction projects used locally owned businesses as vendors instead of spending the money with out of state corporations. :slight_smile:

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P-K

And why?

You are older than I thought …

I wasn’t around in 55, but I can tell you Charleston was a dump in the 60s and 70s

[l

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

And why?

:smiley:. That’s a good one. I remember when Walterboro was a bigger town than Summerville or Beaufort and mocks corner was littler than cottageville. When a few of the big land holders and mom and pops here in Walterboro die out I believe we’ll be in for a large growth spurt. :roll_eyes:

I think a lot of blame should go to joe Riley and how he forced a lot of the locals out of family homesteads by making them unable to afford the taxes. That was the gateway to all the land sales. IMO.

R

quote:
Originally posted by idratherbefishing

Being a *real Charleston native, I’ve seen a lot change. Getting from downtown to James Island during rush hour traffic 15years should would take at most 15mins. Now I can’t even imagine the time. It took me almost 2 hours to go 7.6 miles from work to home about 2 weeks ago.

Seems that it’s beyound overpopulated and everything goes up in price, except our paychecks. It’s about impossible just to get a “good morning” from anyone nowadays. Not the same Charleston I grew up knowing

There is no substitute for hard work-Thomas A Edison

I remember when you could drive from James Island to Folly on a summer day and NOT sit in an hours worth of traffic.

quote:

Robbie - I thought you may have croaked!

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

I just wish all of these construction projects used locally owned businesses as vendors instead of spending the money with out of state corporations. :slight_smile:

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

me too Fritz…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org