Your thoughts on how Charleston is growing?

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

The dumbass, conservative red neck.

If I were you I’d say the same thing.

What do you expect in our work force when the liberal school system leaves no child behind? Welcome to the fruits of liberal idiots dumbing down America and now our new workforce.

Why Bruce?.. the ramblings of a disillusioned Hillary supporter.

quote:

I believe Fred could witness trump pissing on an old homeless lady, and he’d tell him he’s doing a hell of a job, really soaking her.

This is a conservative state and NCLB was signed in by GW Bush. The liberal school system you speak of is basically all conservative. NCLB was stripped down in 2015 since it was a total failure. Good try though.

First, Most, Biggest

quote:
Originally posted by Great White
quote:
quote:

What do you expect in our work force when the liberal school system leaves no child behind? Welcome to the fruits of liberal idiots dumbing down America and now our new workforce.

quote:

I believe Fred could witness trump pissing on an old homeless lady, and he’d tell him he’s doing a hell of a job, really soaking her.

This is a conservative state and NCLB was signed in by GW Bush. The liberal school system you speak of is basically all conservative. NCLB was stripped down in 2015 since it was a total failure. Good try though.

First, Most, Biggest

The basically all conservative NCLB you speak of is about as conservative as the new Red Flag laws

c/p - “No Child Left Behind started with some good ideas, but what Congress didn’t mess up, the bureaucracy has messed up,” said DeMint, who voted against the law while serving in the House in 20

I hate what Charleston and Mt P have become over the last 25 years… truly horrendous

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

First, Most, Biggest

So you think our school systems are conservative? No sir. When you shackle your teachers and give them no backing then don’t let them give a grade lower than 50%, make them have to teach non-English speaking students, and force Teachers to pass students the should be held behind, plus so much m

Ask your own party as they voted it in and they run this state.

It sure as hell isn’t liberal or progressive. They’ve barely managed to keep teaching them about birth control…

First, Most, Biggest

quote:

Ask your own party as they voted it in and they run this state.

It sure as hell isn’t liberal or progressive. They’ve barely managed to keep teaching them about birth control…

First, Most, Biggest

If you believe it, it must be so. :smiley: Ok our schools are not liberal. In God we Trust.

Anyone that says our schools aren’t liberal haven’t been in one in a while. With one in high school and a wife that has been teaching 33 years, the stories they bring home paint nothing but a liberal picture.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Anyone that says our schools aren’t liberal haven’t been in one in a while. With one in high school and a wife that has been teaching 33 years, the stories they bring home paint nothing but a liberal picture.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education/prek-12

Why do we rank so low? Shameful, so shameful we have our own “corridor of shame”. Please ask your wife why these schools “up north”, rank far higher than South Cackalacky …

How did SC beat Californ-I-A?

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball Why do we rank so low? Shameful, so shameful we have our own "corridor of shame". Please ask your wife why these schools "up north", rank far higher than South Cackalacky .....

Of course it’s my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?

quote:

I remember when Walterboro was a bigger town than Summerville or Beaufort and mocks corner was littler than cottageville. When a few of the big land holders and mom and pops here in Walterboro die out I believe we’ll be in for a large growth spurt. :roll_eyes:

I think a lot of blame should go to joe Riley and how he forced a lot of the locals out of family homesteads by making them unable to afford the taxes. That was the gateway to all the land sales. IMO.

Completely agree with the unpleasantness brought by growth. But, cities are like businesses. If they don’t grow, they shrink. If they shrink, nasty things happen. While Charleston is not without its problems, it is interesting to compare Charleston to Baltimore. In the early 70s, they were similar sized cities with historic downtown areas and a decent sized port. Since then, Baltimore has shrunk and Charleston has grown. While the stresses of growth are real, they are far preferable to the problems Baltimore has, now. I think if it weren’t for Baltimore being next door to DC, they’d be following Detroit down the tubes.

Grow or die.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

quote:

So is it your wife, conservative governor, or conservative president that made the liberal schools?

First, Most, Biggest

quote:
quote:

So is it your wife, conservative governor, or conservative president that made the liberal schools?

First, Most, Biggest

GW, please read this & respond with your thoughts, thanks

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/liberal-bias-starts-long-before-college/

Personally I believe there should be no Union involvement in any public sector employment.

quote:
quote:

First, Most, Biggest

+

That’s a pretty low jab if you have any clue to what our teachers have to put up with. Trump has only been in office for a very short time. Blame Clinton and Obuma and then we can talk.

My two daughters now teach and several other family members are teachers.

Want an example of liberalism. The school system wanted to suspend my daughter for PDA with her boyfriend a few years ago (they were hugging). When I pushed the issue of why the gay couples(in the middle of kissing) did not get the same treatment I was told they did not disserve to be picked on and it would cause too much conflict. :question: WTF :question: Queers get to have PDA but Heterosexual couples don’t?

PDA public display of affection if you didn’t know.

quote:

Why do we rank so low? Shameful, so shameful we have our own “corridor of shame”. Please ask your wife why these schools “up north”, rank far higher than South Cackalacky …

It’s a little thing called demographics.

Did you know back in the day before they started forcing letting the ones unwilling or unable to learn move on with the smarter kids (black yellow brown purple and white) our top 10% were smarter than most across the nation?

quote:
quote:

Did you know back in the day before they started forcing letting the ones unwilling or unable to learn move on with the smarter kids (black yellow brown purple and white) our top 10% were smarter than most across the nation?

How long ago? Can you provide a source, proving your last sentence true?
quote:
quote:
quote:

How long ago? Can you provide a source, proving your last sentence true?

Just take the Blind word of an ignorant Red Neck. :wink::smiley::kissing_closed_eyes: push back about 30-60 years ago when teachers were not hamstrung and the smarter and pushed students were all taught together in the CP classes. Anyone unable to make it went down to general studies, vocational tech, practical studies, practical special, and then to special education. No entitlement or participation trophy. You worked for what you earned.

So, I’m to believe the words, coming from a self proclaimed, ignorant red neck, regarding education?

Where did you attend elementary and high school?

Thoughts on the growth of Charleston??? How about million dollar condos being built at St John’s Bay? They’re not building them for members of the hospitality industry!! There’s an article in today’s P&C detailing the plans. Charleston is becoming a victim of it’s own charm and beauty.:frowning_face:

quote:

So, I’m to believe the words, coming from a self proclaimed, ignorant red neck, regarding education?

Where did you attend elementary and high school?

\Not self proclaimed, it is you that call me that. Several times over darling.

I probably would surprise you in the things I know. :smiley: You could still call me red neck, but I think you’d loose the ignorant part. :smiley:

Right here at home.

Can we get back to blaming Ohio for everything wrong with Charleston?

Thanks,

STAFF

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017