ZigZag Strikes Again "Superbowl Sunday Diving"

went 60 miles NE of South End HHI Checking out some of our bottom numbers as we got to north edisto area. Not much action with line and hook so we went under and it was non-stop action.

[/img]

5 gags all over 15Lb with the biggest @ 21Lb
2 Hog Nose
2 Red Snapper
2 Cubera

[/img]

Oh and we caught some bugs too…
8 Spiny’s with the biggest over 10.5 Lb and all over 7

[/img]

[/img]

Wow!!! Nice catch, what depth water temp??? Thanks for the post!!!

Wishin I Was Fishin

■■■■ nice tails there, that should make for some good time with the lady.

REELNAUTI
2008/225CC KEYWEST
250 YAMMI

Dam Jimmyjam, I think that’s a record first post. Congrats.

quote:
Originally posted by JimmyJam

went 60 miles NE of South End HHI Checking out some of our bottom numbers as we got to north edisto area. Not much action with line and hook so we went under and it was non-stop action.

5 gags all over 15Lb with the biggest @ 21Lb
2 Hog Nose
2 Red Snapper
2 Cubera

Oh and we caught some bugs too…
8 Spiny’s with the biggest over 10.5 Lb and all over 7

Nice report JJ. Lots and lots of groceries on a day when everybody else who put up reports merely caught a grouper or two if not only C bass and grunts.

I like to fish in that same area, but I don’t know if I would have run 60 miles to get there. Must be some killer spots and some guys who know what they’re doing for sure!

Skinneej, please remember this one whenever you want to get into another diving vs fishing quarrel.
:wink:

Luke 8:22-25

Absolutely Awesome , Spectacular, Great Catch.!!! </font id=“size2”>

Finseeker Fishing Team
32’ Fountain
“ALCOHOL,TOBACCO,AND FIREARMS should be a convienience store, not a Gov. agency.”

Great job!!!.. I wish my buddy charlestondiving could do something like that!!:wink:

“No tail like Split Tail…”

quote:
Originally posted by edisto-fisher

They are just better divers than they are fishermen.

Looks like the divers wanted it more on Sunday than the fisherman. Run 60 miles then jump in that cold water. Glad somebody brought home the groceries.:wink:

Great day guys!!

I will not get into a battle of wits with a man who is completely unarmed!

edisto-fisher have fun catching a buzz and ill have fun catching fish…
these next pics are for you to think about while ur watching your rod tip…

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

this might get good…

I guess this may answer the question of water temp and fish activity. Nothing on hook and line? Great job, btw.

Them Boys are Murders, nice report.

28.5sportcraft twin evinrude 150 ocean pros (Deceased may she rest in peace)

You’ll give some body a heart attack swimming out of the water with meat like that!

That’s what I’m talkin about! Nice haul!

Raybird’s Daddy!

JPW

Are you sure those are cuberas? They are more than likely mangrove snappers. Nice trip!

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

Skinneej, please remember this one whenever you want to get into another diving vs fishing quarrel.
:wink:

Luke 8:22-25

<sarcasm>Yeah, these guys are obvoiusly complete amatuers!!!</sarcasm>

■■■■ nice catch there. Those bugs are huge, gonna be some goods eats for you guys.

Mark
Mako 262 Twin Yammaha F200s
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Thanks everyone. The eats was GOOOOOOD.
The fish definately do not eat as much in the colder months than they do in the warmer. All stomachs were empty.
The water temp was 52 on top and 46 on bottom.
vis was about 30.
I also believe that the grouper were not native they didnt seem to have any fear of us, unlike the normal local grouper that watch edisto-fisher stumble around the reef and dont come close to divers.
Oh and to be honest im not sure what they were, just looked like cubera to me. The meat was darker than red snapper and not as good but still good eats.
I also forgot to mention we got one slipper lobster.

quote:
Originally posted by JimmyJam

Thanks everyone. The eats was GOOOOOOD. The fish definately do not eat as much in the colder months than they do in the warmer. All stomachs were empty.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>That probably has a lot more to do with weather systems coming through.

yea you probably right