ZigZag Strikes Again "Superbowl Sunday Diving"

nice catch!! and welcome to the site Those are Mangroves, and if you can get out to the deep ledge, you will see a lot of them this time of year. The big groupers and snappers (inshore) are slow to bite. The fish are still biting good out deep as was evident by the catch that the crew of the Gutwrench produced.I like the picture of all those bulldozers (slippers) I prefer them over the regular bugs, they taste like dungeness crab.

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Thats not fishen, just plain Killen, Great Pic’s

Finseeker Fishing Team
32’ Fountain
“ALCOHOL,TOBACCO,AND FIREARMS should be a convienience store, not a Gov. agency.”

James, good to see you here. Im ready, so bring your behind. And beware of some of these jerks on here. PK

patrick j kalish

quote:
Originally posted by patrickkalish

James, good to see you here. Im ready, so bring your behind. And beware of some of these jerks on here. PK

patrick j kalish

-------------------------------------------------------------------------I second that thought---BEWARE--------------------

28.5sportcraft twin evinrude 150 ocean pros (Deceased may she rest in peace)

These guys are hard core. I doubt that they are going to “sissy up” and curl up into a ball if a few “jerks” picked on them…

I could take offense to that SJ.

quote:
Originally posted by stressrelief 28.5

Maybe that should tell you something then...

Nice kill fellas. So yall scuba and freedive? That’s awaesome. If you ever need another freediver on the boat PM me or StretchArmstrong

xHCFKx

The poop has hit the fan.

Good job guys!!! Was that Bob-o in that one picture? If you need another boat let us know.

oldschool
352 wellcraft
trip E-Tecs

Yea me and Bobo go way back. Good people

Oh and Patrick I will make a trip up to Chucktown when ever you are ready. Hope you have a big fish box on that new boat of yours.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

These guys are hard core. I doubt that they are going to “sissy up” and curl up into a ball if a few “jerks” picked on them…

Yeah. These guys are obviously “commercial” divers, being that they post on an offshore fishing forum. I doubt seriously that they care what kind of ribbing or rites of passage anyone wants to give them.

Lots of good info. When a fisherman tells another one that you do not have to go out to 200ft for grouper this time of year or that the fish aren’t biting in shallow anymore because the cold has locked them up, these things have no argumentative weight. A dock cart full of meat out of <100ft and detailed dive observations are indisputable.

I’m glad they posted this report.

Just hope these kinds of replies don’t start to surface now:
“A kid could have caught those grouper and snapper if anchored over them.”
“Pay no mind to the 50 degree water temps; they are not easier to shoot and harder to catch when it’s that cold.”
“All you have to do is find the fish, and they would just as easily be caught on rod and reel.” or
“They have thousands of dollars of commercial gear and thousands of hours of experie…”… n’mind.

Luke 8:22-25

Yes these guys are hard core but there is nothing “commercial” about them. I was with them when they dove a spot we named “Aguafina” we fished with rod and reel before thay made a dive. It is amazing to see what is down there but won’t bite. There is a post by Bob-O showing pictures of that trip, it made the front page of the Hilton Head Island Packet.
One thing that really impressed me was the way they will jump in the water and check out a weed-line before putting out a spread. This was done on the way out and it didn’t take long to decide to fish or run.

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

I’m glad they posted this report.

Just hope these kinds of replies don’t start to surface now:
“A kid could have caught those grouper and snapper if anchored over them.”
“Pay no mind to the 50 degree water temps; they are not easier to shoot and harder to catch when it’s that cold.”
“All you have to do is find the fish, and they would just as easily be caught on rod and reel.” or
“They have thousands of dollars of commercial gear and thousands of hours of experie…”… n’mind.

Just imagine what that cart would have looked like if they were fishing out of a Pioneer! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

I will not get into a battle of wits with a man who is completely unarmed!

quote:
Originally posted by released

Yes these guys are hard core but there is nothing “commercial” about them. I was with them when they dove a spot we named “Aguafina” we fished with rod and reel before thay made a dive. It is amazing to see what is down there but won’t bite. There is a post by Bob-O showing pictures of that trip, it made the front page of the Hilton Head Island Packet.
One thing that really impressed me was the way they will jump in the water and check out a weed-line before putting out a spread. This was done on the way out and it didn’t take long to decide to fish or run.

The weed-line scouting sounds like a real advantage for anyone with them on the boat.

Just as some context for my previous comments- “Commercial” is the term some other divers on this site have used to describe those rhino guns, among other things, in their argument that when you see divers do well that it isn’t fair to compare them to us fishermen since we do not use commercial gear like that (we must be disadvantaged since we do not have such specialized and expensive gear, and if not that, then us fishermen are disadvantaged by not having commercial experience like these divers must have to be so successful). My own bottom tackle is highly specialized and expensive, but that isn’t true for most others. I think you can catch a grouper with a variety of tackle depending on the circumstances, but you don’t have much of a chance at ones like these spearing unless you have a stronger “commercial” (term applied by other spearos) speargun like what I see in the pix.

I remember the other report you refer to, and it was equally impressive and informative. I must say that I appreciate reports with so much information stopping short of giving too much information. Some people glean more benefit

Your post turned the “light on” Phin. “Aquafina” LOL!! I know exactly where that is!!:wink:

I will not get into a battle of wits with a man who is completely unarmed!

Phin, what is the difference between the commercial groupermen that fish out of Charleston and the bottom fishermen that post on CF.com?

If you said, “KNOWLEDGE”, then you were correct…

Now, what is the difference between what the commercial groupermen have in their fishbox and the bottom fishermen on CF.com have in their fishbox?

If you said, “NIGHT AND DAY”, then you are correct…

you would not believe what I pulled off that spot you all call “Aquafina” original called the “Grouper Cuzzy” by us who found it. Thanks bobo for telling everyone…just Kidding, kinda

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by stressrelief 28.5

Maybe that should tell you something then...
That dnt tell me chit.

quote:
Originally posted by JimmyJam

you would not believe what I pulled off that spot you all call “Aquafina” original called the “Grouper Cuzzy” by us who found it. Thanks bobo for telling everyone…just Kidding, kinda

Check your PM’s. Thanks.