ZigZag Strikes Again "Superbowl Sunday Diving"

quote:
Originally posted by stressrelief 28.5

That dnt tell me chit.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>
Well, then maybe THAT should tell you something…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

That dnt tell me chit.

Well, then maybe THAT should tell you something…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------DIDNT TELL ME CHIT--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28.5sportcraft twin evinrude 150 ocean pros (Deceased may she rest in peace)

Nice shooting guys, Shot placement looks perfect. We went last Sunday and froze my butt off. Only got a few fish out of 4 dives

Phin, fyi spearfishing specialties makes many different models of speargun including the “classic”, “commercial” etc. Means nothing more than the model name. I dont see any of that model in the pics, Looks like a rhino classic model. www.spearfishingspecialties.com

quote:
Originally posted by JimmyJam

went 60 miles NE of South End HHI Checking out some of our bottom numbers as we got to north edisto area. Not much action with line and hook so we went under and it was non-stop action.

[/img]

Rob Harding
Charleston diving
http://www.charlestondiving.com
(Fish not Biting? Try a fast presentation of spring steel)</font id=“green”>

I need a boat!

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

I’m glad they posted this report.

Just hope these kinds of replies don’t start to surface now:
“A kid could have caught those grouper and snapper if anchored over them.”
“Pay no mind to the 50 degree water temps; they are not easier to shoot and harder to catch when it’s that cold.”
“All you have to do is find the fish, and they would just as easily be caught on rod and reel.” or
“They have thousands of dollars of commercial gear and thousands of hours of experie…”… n’mind.

Are you crying?

[:0]

Originally posted by reel-boy

“Lucky, I mentioned bacon bits and got banned”

Jimmy to the best of my knowledge Bob-O only gave those numbers to Curt and Daren. That because he fishes with them on there boats. I fish with Bob a lot and we have only used the numbers three times that I can remember and never had a banner day like the one two years ago. The area around the spring “Aquafina” has produced some nice Kings.

And they probably won’t be producing like that for the next few years since many of us actually have that number… Normally, it’s a good idea to keep things like that a secret. This is exactly how a good spot get’s ruined.

quote:
Originally posted by CharlestonDiving

Phin, fyi spearfishing specialties makes many different models of speargun including the “classic”, “commercial” etc. Means nothing more than the model name. I dont see any of that model in the pics, Looks like a rhino classic model. www.spearfishingspecialties.com

It was Greg187 who has called these types of guns “commercial,” and it was skinnee who implicitly called you and Kent commercial divers because of your high level experience and using no less capable guns than these I believe.

I think their points in saying the above were:

1. You all cannot be compared to other divers, muchless other bottom fishermen, because you do not use sawed off magnum JBL’s, and we do not use bandit reels, and
    2)you could write a book on spearhunting while we can only speculate and argue about bottom fishing on the internet.

Luke 8:22-25

I wonder why you cant use a spear gun in the Bahamas?

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

Next time, how about holler fire in the hole before you throw these things out there. My ears are ringing now…

PS:

I told some folks today that I’d get certified this summer. I have to be nicer to them about their :clown_face:raping and pilaging :clown_face: spearfishing or they might not pull me off the bottom after I’ve swallowed a mouth full of water pushed into my face from a big grouper.

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

I told some folks today that I’d get certified this summer. I have to be nicer to them about their :clown_face:raping and pilaging :clown_face: spearfishing or they might not pull me off the bottom after I’ve swallowed a mouth full of water pushed into my face from a big grouper.

I will fund your first spearfishing trip 100% after you complete your training. But don’t blame me when you sell all your bottomfishing gear to buy scuba.:wink:

I will not get into a battle of wits with a man who is completely unarmed!

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

I've always wondered why oral is illegal in SC, but not in most other states. Is there something different about it here?

Phin, my reference to “commercial” was that we learned from and use the exact gear that commercial spearfishermen use.

Most CF’ers that attended Sellsfish’s bottom seminar do not use the same gear as the commercial grouper fishermen in this area.

Just another example of you trying to compare apples to watermelons.

quote:
Originally posted by greg1

Phin, my reference to “commercial” was that we learned from and use the exact gear that commercial spearfishermen use.

Most CF’ers that attended Sellsfish’s bottom seminar do not use the same gear as the commercial grouper fishermen in this area.

Just another example of you trying to compare apples to watermelons.

You are right. There is nothing to compare here except

1)“Not much action with line and hook”

and

2)“so we went under and it was non-stop action”

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Luke 8:22-25

Maybe they’re as bad at bottom fishing as the rest of the people on this site.

Maybe they were using chicken rigs like they learned on the T-star and not 15 feet fluorocarbon leaders.

Maybe they drifted instead of anchoring.

Maybe their cigar minnows were mushy.

I could go on…

Well…after the latest PM I received I must concede that Phin is correct.

These guys learend how to spearfish by reading the internet for 6 months and attending a seminar at Hanckle Marine.

I stand corrected. Spearfishing is a lot easier than botttom fishing.

Have fun and be safe.

.:smiley:

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

I guess the Bahamas got raped and pillaged until they outlawed spearfishing.I don’t know,seems no one can answer my question.Maybe there is a reason the fish don’t bite.Maybe that’s a survival mode.But,some are too greedy,and resort to other measures…oh well,the numbers are dwindling anyways,who cares.

That is incorrect, you can spearfish. You cannot spearfish with scuba gear.

quote:

That is incorrect, you can spearfish. You cannot spearfish with scuba gear.

No dude,you are wrong.One can dive with a Hawaiian sling,but no spear-gun.Why are the guns not allowed?