Originally posted by TheMechanic
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

[quote]Originally posted by Fishb8

Thats it, I’m protesting until 23 returns to the oyster roast…

I have a chance to share with my family the conclusion of a family mystery that started 83 years ago…I’m not going to miss this for anything.

now you got me interested…

me too!!

regarding oysters, I think we’re good at this time…thanks for offering, let’s see how things shake out in about a week…are you a party of just one or more?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I have the whole family coming, should be 4 or 5 adults with 3 kids. but only two of us eat oysters, and we are bringing other dishes as well.

perfect, thank you!

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

Thats it, I’m protesting until 23 returns to the oyster roast…

I have a chance to share with my family the conclusion of a family mystery that started 83 years ago…I’m not going to miss this for anything.

now you got me interested…

When I have all the information, I’m going to post the story up here…its really almost like a movie script. Its the story of my great grandfather’s disappearance in 1933, never to be heard of again.

sell the script to hollywood!

Sorry you aren’t going to make it Ricky but family should always come first. I’ll eat your oysters.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

23, we all know what happened! He went on to start another family. Pee Pod, is your relative.[:0]:face_with_head_bandage:

Wait a minute. Easy can’t come Ricky can’t come. Hmmm, something fishy here. Peapod, what do you think?

Peapod won’t be there either… Just saying

Family reunion:question::smiley: In that case I may have to reconsider:wink:

I’m in, I will bring Macaroni and Cheese. Do we need more oysters? I saw that we have around 10 vouched for. If we need more I’ll put in for one.

Hey everybody, sorry for not getting back to the PMs but been a rough week for me. I will bring 15 bushels of oysters to the get together, you can just pay me for them there. $30 per bushel.

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

BONZO, where do you go after the shelter quits at 4:30 pm? You stay at the park and have a fire/camp out or what? Is there a shuttle to Charlston /or Uber run to the park? Thinking about staying at King street Inn Sat night.

joseph69, with Paul bringing 15 bushels to the roast just bring some extra cash in case we get low and you’d like to buy one…thanks!

sellsfish, thanks Paul!

mdaddy, I’m there 930ish and most people show up around 11-12 to start eating oysters…by the time we set up, clean oysters, cook, celebrate and clean up by 4PM or so I usually just go home…we have the shelter from 9-4:30 and must vacate after that…no shuttle that I’m aware of, but I bet an Uber ride wouldn’t be more than $12-15 from King St Inn…that way you can help me drink my PBRs…we’ll tell you the story when you get there!

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

joseph69, with Paul bringing 15 bushels to the roast just bring some extra cash in case we get low and you’d like to buy one…thanks!

sellsfish, thanks Paul!

mdaddy, I’m there 930ish and most people show up around 11-12 to start eating oysters…by the time we set up, clean oysters, cook, celebrate and clean up by 4PM or so I usually just go home…we have the shelter from 9-4:30 and must vacate after that…no shuttle that I’m aware of, but I bet an Uber ride wouldn’t be more than $12-15 from King St Inn…that way you can help me drink my PBRs…we’ll tell you the story when you get there!

EDIT: uberX estimate is $9-12…

dang, i wish i could normally buy bushels for that cheap

May have cleared my day for the 28th…will report back ASAP.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

BONZO, where do you go after the shelter quits at 4:30 pm? You stay at the park and have a fire/camp out or what? Is there a shuttle to Charlston /or Uber run to the park? Thinking about staying at King street Inn Sat night.

What do you need the firewood for then...Cooking??? I see this is a "family" event. Must have been different at the "ladder match" oyster roast. I don't think I ever went to an oyster roast that ended in daylight.

Tell me something you need so I can bring something you need…and not PBR…I drink the tall boy ICEHOUSES(6.9%) now…but only after 5 pm. So food or soft drinks(day time)or FIREWOOD!!!

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

May have cleared my day for the 28th…will report back ASAP.

coolio…would be nice to meet you too…

quote:
quote:

What do you need the firewood for then...Cooking??? I see this is a "family" event. Must have been different at the "ladder match" oyster roast. I don't think I ever went to an oyster roast that ended in daylight.

Tell me something you need so I can bring something you need…and not PBR…I drink the tall boy ICEHOUSES(6.9%) now…but only after 5 pm. So food or soft drinks(day time)or FIREWOOD!!!

the shelter does have a nice brick fireplace…some years it has been 70* and others it has been in the 30-40* range…it is nice to have a fire throughout the day so people can warm up if they like…and yes, this is an absolutely family friendly event…we’ll have access to the volleyball net and horseshoe pit that are also there at the shelter…Apickett said he would bring some firewood so maybe he’ll chime in with how much or if he needs additional…long range forecast shows 55 on Saturday, about perfect for oysters and a fire! looking forward to seeing the usual crowd and especially meeting all the new faces!

Hey Carl, when you get a chance, let us know what we still need, I’ll throw in.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Hey Carl, when you get a chance, let us know what we still need, I’ll throw in.

10-4 Doug, I’ll double check first of next week and advise…looking forward to seeing the DFreedom crowd again…

Should I bring a tray or two of BBQ for those who don’t eat oysters?