2017 CharlestonFishing.com annual oyster roast

Carl, looks like 5-6 adults for me. Put us down for a couple of bushels and we’ll have some chicken wings as well.

…and of course we’ll have some of those gloves as well. :smiley:

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

TheMechanic, BBQ sounds awesome man, thank you…

striperskiff, Tim, bring your money and let’s see how many oyster we go through…I’m not trying to have anybody sandbag on us, but what we pay for and don’t eat we’ll divvy up to those who want to take some home…and yes, your gloves are always welcome…do you cut them all off or do you leave some longer? I could use a pair or two of the longer ones…just saying!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Don’t forget you Oyster Goggles:smiley:

what type of BBQ would be best?

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

what type of BBQ would be best?

whatever you like would be fine…if you open the vinegar / mustard argument up we might have to go back to the ladder match!
seriously though, either would work for me personally…not saying you have to get theirs, but Bessinger’s is a friend of the CF community…

ok, i will most likely get it unsauced and just get the sauces on the sides. I will be getting it from our local famous BBQ place called The Steelhorse. They are good family people, i try to give them my business whenever i can.

I will be coming down there on friday, so I will need a way to heat up the BBQ for Saturday. highly unlikely, but is there an oven at the shelter?

Heads up for anyone coming from out of town for the oyster roast. They have moved “Taste of Folly” to this weekend. We got the last 2 rooms at Waters Edge and the Tides is full.

quote:
Originally posted by WallyB

Heads up for anyone coming from out of town for the oyster roast. They have moved “Taste of Folly” to this weekend. We got the last 2 rooms at Waters Edge and the Tides is full.

im bringing the camper down. i have two sites, so yall just bring your sleeping bag if you cant find a hotel room. the campers are full but there is room in the tents :smiley:

Thanks man! We did find rooms but I think they were the last on Folly.

yea, there is no oven at the shelter, but they do have electrical outlets…would you want to bring a crock pot to warm it up in? there’s also a brick grill we can use to heat it up, would just need charcoal…worst case we can heat it on an oyster cooker…

i didnt think about a crockpot. that will work.

I’m in with the wifey and girls. I’ll bring some panther poop and a gluten free side of some sort. I’m in for a bushel if we need it too.

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

quote:
Originally posted by on a fishin mission

I’m in with the wifey and girls. I’ll bring some panther poop and a gluten free side of some sort. I’m in for a bushel if we need it too.

thanks Chip…as of now just bring some cash in case we need more oysters…

We are bringing donnies sister and brother in law
.and their son and his wife. We will bring food and desserts and are sooo looking forward to this!

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Just a quick request for those attending, C of C is hold a cereal drive for Homecoming to give to the local food bank. It would be really appreciated if you could bring a box of unopened cereal or two.

“When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine

quote:
Originally posted by cofcfishing

Just a quick request for those attending, C of C is hold a cereal drive for Homecoming to give to the local food bank. It would be really appreciated if you could bring a box of unopened cereal or two.

Connor, how many from CofC do you think will show up? and please do mention that this is a CF.com member supported function so if they wanna bring a bag of chips or some cookies or something that would be awesome…

Hate to miss this but I’ll be working at James Island’s sister facility. Y’all take it easy on my folks down there!

“mr keys”

Sounds like a party and I’ll get some Cereal…

Sorry if I missed it buried in the previous posts, but I’m assuming there will again be an area set aside for people to bring fishin stuff to sell?

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki