ADMIN, look here please

[quote]Hello members,

My name is Chris, and I want to take this opportunity to let you know the status of the site, and to answer a few questions some of you have posed in this thread. This site has been around for about 20 years, and over those 20 years not that much on the site has changed. Yet during those 20 years the world changed significantly, and now there are more ways to share and communicate with friends and your community than ever. A little more than a year ago, I, along with my brother and a close friend, decided to purchase Charleston Fishing to try to breathe new life into it. We saw an opportunity to create an online community where people help each other, learn about fishing, connect with each other, and treat each other with respect.

Just before we purchased Charleston Fishing, the previous owners decided to upgrade the forum to a new version in an effort to make the forum better and more usable. While the previous owners had the best intentions, many people were very upset when this change took place, and justifiably so. Simply put, the new forum does not work well. Unfortunately, the new forum is written in an antiquated programming language, using antiquated technology, and is closed source (meaning we do not have access to the code to fix it). This leaves us with only one option - replacing the forum again, which is an enormous undertaking. Our vision for the site includes a forum that is much easier to use, it will be faster and will be free of bugs. We are hard at work on making our vision a reality, and just ask that you are patient with us during this transitional phase. In the end, I can assure you that the new site will be worth the wait.

In the meantime, tight lines, and please try to be a little more respectful to each other (looking at you Edisto Fisher :wink:).

PS: I have been using Charleston Fishing for 10 years, and am also very frustrated waiting for pages to load and dealing with the errors. I’m an avid fisherman and am looking forward to turning

Yaay, a response from admin. Good to know there is an actual human involved and that there may be some attempt to revive this site. I have met many great folks here, made friends, learned a lot and seen the best and worst side of people here. I hope the site can eventually be restored to its former glory before it is too late. Thanks for the information.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I am not so sure I concur with your assessment 100%. Lets just take your thread about Reds Chewing…

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/Forums/Topic/Posts/185398?pagenum=1&archived=0

…as an example. You posted, went to the top of the slick Homepage, got only two responses in the forum section, but if you look you have almost 1000 hits on that post. Those clicks aren’t coming from forum posters, this is painfully obvious.

I guess what I am saying is that forum participant numbers are certainly down, most likely a lot more than the 90% you suggest too, but I am not so sure 90% of the clicking audience has been lost as evidenced by the 1000 or so hits on your Reds Chewing thread that are generated from the slick homepage, and not from forum participation. You have to hand it to Chris, it’s brilliant really. I wish I’d thought of it, it’s applicable across a ton of dead forums truth be told.

And one more thing, from what I can tell the advertisers don’t see the forums much at all , they are only shown and are interested in the clicks that the slick homepage produces. I am sure if they knew what a douschbag RBF and crew were they would pull the plug toot sweet. They, but RBF in particular, are bad for business. They don’t fish or hunt except for the fishing and hunting they do here in the forums section to stroke their self aggrandized egos.

If the current forum participants really want to make a difference they should continue to Shun the ringleader RBF and the others, you know who

Bazinga?

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I think the cool kids spell it Buzzinga

Talk about an ego…

EF, you came back and proclaimed yourself: EF – Head Administrator
Then you became: The Poser Formally Known as EF
Then: EF – On Double Secret Probation
Now: Just EF

I typically keep my comments in the political forum where they belong… And yes, I do fish as much as possible and hunt occasionally on my 2 pine plantations in Horry county…

Reality is you have the temperament of a young teenage girl, and I am sure Admin sees you for just that…

You have claimed so far:

• The site’s new function is the problem
  • RBF and a few others are the problem
  • A sponsor here Gotcha Covered/Lee Strickland was the problem and that was the start of the downfall of the site
  • That Admin is pimping people out here for “clicks” and members should be compensated for their reports and contributions and that is a problem
  • That Admin is selling members’ information and that is a problem

You sure do seem to find a lot of fault in everything on this site…

I have a novel idea EF, since you enjoy bad mouthing the site, and denigrating it so often… Why don’t you just offer to buy it, make it your own site, and then you can banded who you don’t like… Come on EF, pony up and make Admin a huge money offer and see if they will take it…

Also, name one time I have ever cursed at any member… You have done so several times via acronyms, and words the site has blocked out most of the letters…

RBF

RBF you got no idea who he is, do you

I know as much about him, as he does about me…

RBF

Got a good laugh out of that reply! Wrong again, Dick!

NN

“If the current forum participants really want to make a difference they should continue to Shun the ringleader RBF and the others, you know who they are, we all do. Just don’t engage them, simply treat them like the leaches they are just like their friends in real life have done. I know, I know, much like a pestering dog dick knat they will get a well deserved swatting occasionally, but simply move away from the fleabag and carry on.”

Amen Brother. Don’t feed the trolls and they’ll starve.

How was it wrong? Neither one of us knows each other in person, only by what is written here…

RBF

I enjoy having most folks not respond as it is typically vitriolic when they do…

RBF

Dog dik knat :smiley:. Haven’t heard that in a bit. Describes a few on here.

Maybe this thing will get turned around. Life is good. Death will hopefully be better. Not rushing it.

You sure said that right Fred.

BOB

I gots something to say about it.

All the CENSORSHIP</font id=“size6”> going on with FB TWITTER GOOGLE YAHOO

NO COMMENTARY ALLOWED UNLESS IT CONFORMS TO THEIR AGENDA</font id=“size5”>

Essentially free speech is silenced.

CF allows the free exchange of ideas…It never censored talk of HCQ/COVID/ELECTION ANOMALIES…

The site even allows fools to argue endlessly…if you are inclined to waste you’re time reading it…

YOU CAN !!!
</font id=“size5”>

IF CF wants to make a buck off a picture of Harrolds fush or my pig handing me tools…good on them.
I give up my claim by putting said picture on
THEIR WEBSITE…OUR WEBSITE…that “they” pay for…and “we” don’t.

If you want to go to tin cans and a string to communicate…keep it up.

Thank GOD there is a site on the internet that ALLOWS UNFETTERED SPEECH
</font id=“size5”>

A rare thing these days.

Thanks CF for a FREE site to communicate with like minded FREE peeps. I read for years while Skinny argued with a fence post…Cracker Larry offered sage advice…BONZO was BONZO…

THANKS CHRIS.
</font id=“size6”>

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

congrats on successfully using different font sizes ole man. never thought i’d see that

mdaddy, I agree with most of your assessment. However, what is happening with businesses/corporations isn’t “censorship.” It is simply their right to decide with whom the wish to allow to use THEIR platform… This isn’t the government attempting to stifle 1st amendment rights…

With regards to CFC and them posting/featuring people with pictures and their content/experiences… I fully support the CFC team/owners with THEIR efforts… No one is forcing anyone to post anything here… Share if you wish…

Also, the notion of members being “compensated” with some “sweet feed” is ridiculous… Reality is there are several members who aren’t sponsors that “pimp” their products, personal youtube channels, etc. here for FREE… Harold has his product link in his signature line as well as Optiker with his Eye Strike business… I don’t see them or many others listed as official sponsors paying for the advertisement and clicks they get for free… Seems rather “liberal” to me the new and old CFC owners allowing it without being compensated in return…

Anyhoo… Spot on assessment IMO, and thanks for putting much of this nonsense into a mature and rational perspective…

Your Pal,
RBF

Exactly why I do not and never will use Fakebook, Twitter, etc… More people need to stop using that crap and leave it to the liberals and leftists.

" what is happening with businesses/corporations isn’t “censorship.”

Surely, you don’t believe your own Bull ****?

Zuckerburg/Dempsey shut down all posts contrary to anything LEFT!!!

Shut Trump down, and all of his followers…

Come on…:angry:

RBF

Robinette’s Bend Forward

Spin it, RBF…

RBF

Robinette’s Bend Forward