Ammunition shortage..

There’s a fellow in Walterboro and Cottageville that is selling ammo on the weekend. Don’t know what he has,kinda afraid to find out, might have another heartattack[.]

Double D.

Double D.

Santa came.Got the other half of my order.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

PSA in Mount pleasant has 40s -50 round box 24 bucks

22 life’s a day

Made my way back to Greenville yesterday. Made my stop in Columbia at PSA. The same Blazer 40 cal that was in Mount pleasant for $24 was $37 here in Columbia. Stopped in at sportsman’s Warehouse they had quite a bit of 20 gauge bird shot. 2 boxes per person. Wife got 2 I got 2. $6 and change a box. I just bought a used never been fired Remington 870 20 gauge last Thursday. Blind squirrel finds a acorn every once in awhile.
Cabela’s had quite a pile of the 223 Winchester but it was $63 a hundred round box. Limit 4. Picked up a 2 boxes to give away.
Can’t find any primers might have to go to Canada.

22 life’s a day

Whatcha think OTC, prices coming back down anytime soon or ever?

Heard a neighbor plowing through a bunch of rounds, wife and I said they must have gotten their stimulus check. :smiley:

Stopped by PSA Summerville today. PLENTY of 22LR for 15 Cents a round :unamused:

3Xs the price for whatever other ammo they had as well.

I don’t think it will be coming down anytime soon. I just ordered a couple thousand 40s. They went up from 12.5 to 15 cents.
They had 100,000 in stock yesterday. Today 850,000… They will go quick. They can’t keep up with the demand. The post office cannot keep up with them.
Go to Rocky mountain reloading and read their shipping notice.
Fortunately I have somewhere between 20 – 30,000 maybe more 22lr.
Taking granddaughter to the range this weekend burn some of them up.

I left the 20 gauge home.#*@

22 life’s a day

https://youtu.be/SiTZjGThMGc

22 life’s a day

Stopped by Academy after lunch today on a whim just to se if anything available ammo wise. Big stack of .556 Green Tip. 200 for &129. Went stupid and snagged the two box limit. Text couple folks when got in truck and Buddy said he would take a couple. Went for it and got two more. Different cashier, lol.

They had some 7.62 steel case 20 rounds for &10 a box.

At least they had some and hopefully it’s a good sign…

NN

Made my rounds today PSA, Cabela’s and academy. PSA still got a lot of 40.
Found these 20 gauge at academy. They had quite a pile of them.$29 a100

Got an email from Midway today said they had primers and ammo in stock.
Went to their page. Primers $60 a thousand plus hazmat. That’s double the price. Plus hazmat Remember these companies that are gouging right now. I’ll never do business with them again. And I hope a lot of other people have that same attitude.

22 life’s a day

Honest question… What do you do with all the ammo purchased/made? Burn it up at the range, or stockpile it?

It’s used for the appropriate target. Ya know, like don’t shoot the AR at .22 rated stuff.

Nice try tho, dumbass…

NN

As usual you don’t understand what I am asking…

Simple question, is the ammo used for recreation and consumed frequently to support target practice, or stored for protection?

Not sure why the name calling, but par for the course with you…

You are not sure about name calling? The biggest name caller on this sight? Simple answer, Lot’s of target practice and personal family fun… But now… Stored for future use to use selectively. Who knows what the future holds. I will tell you the Present holds very little Ammunition to play with, unless you are willing to spend LOTS of money on it. The Future… Well let’s just say your man Biden did promise to take guns away. But then he promise a lot he lied about.

The answer to your simple question… Our ammunition was used for recreation, but since those you support are now in charge and ammunition has become so expensive and hard to come by, it is stored so we don’t waste it. As for your hint at Protection, That has always been covered by us deplorables.

Life is Good, and Fried pork chops are fantastic.

Haha, not a ByeDon supporter, and have never voted for a Dem unlike you have many times… You even bragged about ole Cuomo and how you’d vote for him for Prez…

Are you stating there hasn’t been protection provided by Dems? There are many Dems that are police officers, military, fire fighters, doctors, medics, etc… Perhaps, you should thank them for serving, and providing you protection daily…

We shoot quite a bit. It’s was not uncommon for the wife and I to go through a thousand rounds in a range day. Still shoot a couple times a month.But we backed off a little bit.
I keep a few thousand of all the pistol and rifle calibers that we shoot frequently. And keep on hand supplies to load a few more thousand of each.
The 20 gauge are for my granddaughter.
Shooting is a diminishing skill. To stay sharp you got a practice…

22 life’s a day

Yes sir, you do. Over the past year I’ve mostly only shot the .22 target practicing. I’ll splurge on some .40 and 9mm and go through some of the old stock this spring. I forget how much fun I have at target shooting until I do it. Was Nothing like burning through a couple of 30 round mags in the ar. Hindsight, I should have bought more when it was affordable and readily available.

You sure do use up ammo quick… I was just curious because I always hear about ammo shortages and people stockpiling it for protection reasons… Hence, why I was wondering if someone (not you) was that concerned why would they shoot it all up…

To stay sharp couldn’t someone just use a high powered pellet rifle/pistol/gun at a much lower cost and more availability?

First off let’s see if we can discuss this. For you to tell a man or Woman that has been shooting all their lives to resort to staying sharp using a pellet rifle means you really don’t understand a lot of people. And by a lot, I’ll go out on a limb and say most all gun owners that had one prior to 2 years ago.

Why Bruce?.. the ramblings of a disillusioned Hillary supporter.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

I believe Fred could witness trump pissing on an old homeless lady, and he’d tell him he’s doing a hell of a job, really soaking her.

There you go with your lack of reading comprehension… Where did I tell someone to do anything? I didn’t, I asked a simple question…

I’ve had guns for 40 years, what is your point?

RBF Robinette Beat Fascism

“CFC - A Quaint Little Political Site with a Fishing Problem”