Ammunition shortage..

Wandered the gun stores looking for Case lube. None to be find.
Cabela’s and academy sports still keeping all the ammo behind the counters. Palmetto State armory looks like they had a little bit of everything. Only thing I priced was 380.$199 for 225 rounds. Went to Pickens range yesterday & cedar Creek today. Both ranges were fairly busy. Most everybody shooting steel case ammo. Talk to a few people they were all getting their ammo online.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

https://sarasotaguncompany.com/product-category/ammo/

some decent prices here… Maybe things are starting swing back around on ammo. I’m counting on next year some cheaper guns for sale as people start sheading of things to cover debt. ? Opted out on the boat for now, gonna wait a bit and see if things go to a buyers market instead of the current sellers market.

Saw 9mm brass case 115g FMJ for $0.40 a hit at one of the larger online retailers (midwayusa? shootersupply? Don’t remember which). Was able to add 500 rounds to my cart. Don’t need 'em so didn’t buy. Checked back an hour or so later and they were still available. Some 9mm are becoming available. Prices still way high. But, only twice the price at this point instead of 3 or 4 times the price.

A month or so back, even if you found them in stock, if you didn’t add to cart and check out as quickly as possible, you’d miss the chance.

'Would love to see some primers show up.

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Yamaha 115 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Powder valley’s been having primers kind of on a regular basis the wife says.
But they’re $90 a brick for small pistol and small rifle… Not that desperate yet I still have a couple bricks of each.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

First time in a long time - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1601371304?pid=371304

small pistol primers
regular prices

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Yamaha 115 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

My last order from Midway was 5,000 small pistol 5000 small rifle and 8 lb of tight group.
If I remember right with hazmat shipping and all was right at 500 bucks… I think the day of the primers being 3 cents a piece or long gone

22 life’s a day

https://www.dailygamecock.com/article/2021/09/usc-students-among-many-americans-impacted-by-national-ammo-shortage-johnson-news

“ RBF aka Shunkey, Porch Dick, John Weaver, quite frankly you are full of schitt. In my opinion you are primarily to blame for the degradation of this particular fishing website. You dilute this place with your incessant desire to be relevant by posting constantly whatever cut and paste cartoon or quip you dig up only God knows where just to be "heard". It really must be miserable where you are, if not for you then for those around you.” EF 4/27/21

The fact that our President has banned ammo imports doesn’t help any either.

Found a few hundred rounds of .22 suppressor ammo online. Was happy to find it. With s/h it ran about .18 a round.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Just bought 200 rounds of the CCI .22 shorts over here for a new Cricket I just bought. Sounds like a pellet gun.

$35 for 200 rounds.

NN

Nice to have family in retail sporting goods, who can buy ammo wholesale. We get an ammo resupply about every 6 months. Got a 1000 rounds each of 9 m.m. & 380 along with as much 22 has they can bring us in the next batch. Usually get a couple of these for $50 each.

Had the Daughter at the range this Sunday shooting some of her 22s. She also brought her Cricket as well and was pinging steel offhand at 100 yards with it.

100yards with a .22 is pretty good. If you ever get the chance to purchase some tracers for the .22, it will amaze you just how much they drop and drift left or right in the 100 -150 yard range. … got to have low light to dark. Gives a whole new perspective to the dynamics of a round.

It was always a common sound across the “neighborhood” to hear people shooting most evenings, that hasn’t happened in a long time. I was able to pick up some .223 and will fire off some old rounds this weekend. Finally got some .17 to sight in a new scope. Still no real changes in the ammo supply chain that I’ve seen.

Can’t use tracers on our club range, but have shot them before. Her Cricket is sighted in at 30 yards, so she gets about a 4" drop at 100. Had wind drift of about 3" left or right according to which way the wind blew. Her Ruger American Compact ( 22 lr ) is sighted in at 100 yards, which she mostly practices with, to simulate shooting her Ruger American Compact 243 Win.

Can’t wait to see the pictures of your young lady with a big old buck…

Pretty cool I didn’t know they made tracers for 22.
I see palmetto State armory has pallets of 22s. But they’re $60 for 500 rounds.
Academy sports has a lot of 556 and 223. About 59 cents around.
Haven’t been able to take any of my grandkids to the range in about 2 months. Covid has been going through the house. My daughter and 12-year-old granddaughter are the last 2 they’re getting over it now.

22 life’s a day

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/223-remington

OTC check out this sight, Its like Travelocity for ammunition. Several places have it for .39cent a round. This sight only puts up other sights that have ammo in stock and lists it low price to high.

I’m with you OTC, I want to see the big buck too! But you can’t eat horns, a nice big fat Nanny would be nice for harvest.

My father-in-law is double retired A.F. and city Police… then a last stint as a Rape victims advocate with the county. He acquired some crazy ammo. He would come by the house and drop off a bag of odd caliber and tell me, “now you need the gun to shoot it”. I believe he gave me close to a thousand rounds of .10 guage once, and yes I bought one. Those things kick worse than a mule.

My uncle had a 10 gauge. It was a single shot with about a 40 inch barrel. They called it a goose gun. The dang thing was taller than me. I shot it when I was 14. Was going to shoot it the second time but my father stepped in and said that was enough. It definitely rattled my cage.

22 life’s a day

Stopped by Academy. Picked up 4 box limit of 9mm for $17.99 each. Brass 115 Luger FMJ. Prices were up to $21.99 depending on brand.

Good bit of 223, didn’t pay attention to price. 556 green tips for $139/200 rounds.

Picked up a 100 round box of 45 Auto for $59 for a friend from Cabela’s.

The availability seems to be picking up.

On the 10 gauge, when I was maybe 10 or 11, cousin had one and offered to let me shoot it. It was a double barrel and told me he shot both at once and it knocked him down. I declined…

NN

I have been looking for .30 cal. carbine ammo for a while and PSA actually had some. Not sure if we’ll ever get back to “pre-covid” quantities/prices but, the situation does seem to have improved somewhat.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Found some small rifle primers at academy sports last week double the price. Should be around $3 a 100 . Almost $7 a 100 now. With the limit of 400. Got 400 went out to the bike changed my shirt tucked my hair up under my cap and put a mask on. Go in and get 400 more. Only one register open the lady recognized the tattoo on my hand. She said I was so polite & funny the first time I come through she would let me have them…

Wife got me a new hoodie…

Cannot wait to hear the smart-ass remarks from the snowflakes about this

22 life’s a day