BIG QUESTION

Mandatory evacuations ordered for all coastal counties, starting at 3 pm tomorrow.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Not really mandatory Larry as they can’t make anyone go but, the State Emergency Ops Center is going on a “worst case” basis and that is why the full scale coastal evacuation. This has not been done on this scale since Hugo and it is not done lightly as it is a massive undertaking. I understand folks want to protect their stuff but, it is just stuff. Connor has a ride home and is supposed to start heading this way around 8:00 tonight. I’ll be glad when I hear he is out of Charleston.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Gas is on short supply in Mt. Pleasant. Went to 2 stations and they were out completely. Lines were 50 cars deep. No kidding. People acting a fool. Saw 2 car wrecks while I was out. Multiple confrontations with people screaming at each other fighting for positions. Lot’s of f bombs flying. It’s amazing at how quickly society crumbles when the chit hits the fan. It’s also humbling to see people come together at the end of the day, and help one another out. We will see the best and worst of people before this is over.:smiley::imp::smiley::imp::smiley::imp::smiley::imp::smiley::imp::smiley::imp:

Me and my men ,2 truck loads, came down 2 days after Hugo . For miles before we got even close to Charleston you could see trees 10" and more snapped in half like twigs about 8 feet from the ground . It really was like a war zone . We eat beans and cooked what food we brought with us on a camp stove for 2 weeks .
Leave if you can , Stuff can be replaced lives can’t.

If anyone is leaving to go to the Aiken/north Augusta area and needs a safe place to park a boat(I can accommodate any size) or anything else please let me know. PM me and I will message you back my cell

Stay safe everyone…

21’ Triumph T-Top 150

The latest I saw this morning looks like it may be staying farther away from the coast then it was showing yesterday. Hope it turns more & more out to sea. Good luck guys & stay safe.

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Mandatory evacuations ordered for all coastal counties, starting at 3 pm tomorrow.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

you should delete this comment seeing as how it isn't true.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

How many of you have been in the eye of a hurricane?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

The latest from the State Climate Office: (this is encouraging)

Hurricane Matthew is 900 miles south-southeast form Beaufort pummeling the eastern tip of Cuba with 130 mph winds. The forecast track, has yet again shifted, this time to the east away from Charleston and points northeast along the coast. The latest forecast does bring Matthew a tad closer to Beaufort and the Parris Island pleasure dome as a 100 mph winds, although the hurricane force winds should be confined over ocean waters. The timing of Matthew’s coastal fly-by is also shifted with tropical storm force 38-50 mph wind arriving Friday night in Beaufort after 8 PM.

This latest track keeps the weakest side of the storm, the navigable semi-circle for the Prudent Mariner, close to the coast Despite a reduced wind threat, there is a storm surge threat for Beaufort with a surge forecast wag of 5-7 feet possible. Rainfall amounts are highly dependent on Mattew’s track with 4-8 inches conservatively along the coast Friday night through Saturday night.

Matthew will have to pass over the Bahamas and scrape along the eastern coast of Florida. This will greatly impact (lessen) Matthew’s intensity and western wind field, navigable semi-circle, whatever. Regardless of this latest less threatening track, expect continued east west slop in Matthew’s track as Matthew interacts with land on the track north at 10-15 mph. Again the friendly folks at www.weather.gov have the latest watches, warnings and scary language.

National Weather Service

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Don’t forget, if you survive the storm, the water could be contaminated and you could be without power for a month. I stayed downtown during Hugo in a utility building. I watched the roof peel back from the St Phillips dorm like a sardine can. If you have kids, evacuating is the smartest thing to do.

PS, the best time to leave is 4-5 in the morning. Traffic from the night before is mostly cleared, and most people are planning on “sneaking out early” at 6am.

Skinne, ya’ll leaving?

We’re gonna ride it out. I snagged a new generator yesterday at Northern Tool, enough to keep the freezer going for a while anyway. Plenty of gas, plenty of water and food, and plenty of guns and ammo. I’ve got enough wood to board windows, and got a box of tapcons. Batteries for power tools charged, air compressor full, coolers will be full of ice. My whole street is staying except for one family. Our stuff survived Hugo and has better windows in it now and I’ve removed all of the problem trees.

Should be fun!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Oh, you said “box of tapcons”! I totally misread that.

That Mikes spaghetti model is showing Matthew hanging off Savannah and rolling back down to Florida as of now… It will kick the stool out of Savannah with the high tides…the islands out here are running fool. I got gas(for a gen that runs Bonzo) cigs and liquor…bring it.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

I have…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Don’t forget, if you survive the storm, the water could be contaminated and you could be without power for a month. I stayed downtown during Hugo in a utility building. I watched the roof peel back from the St Phillips dorm like a sardine can. If you have kids, evacuating is the smartest thing to do.

Without power for a month? That comment is shrieekworthy all by itself.

quote:
Originally posted by tarponchaser
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

It's pretty cool don't you think?

I have…

Latest update back to the west, dang it! Went to Bft last night and loaded boat and truck with all I could and came back to Augusta this morning. Took a video and pics of everything before leaving.

Not looking good.

Good luck and be safe all,

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

I got gas(for a gen that runs Bonzo)

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

word up…I have stickman’s 2000w inverter generator and my 5.5kw…plan as of now is to stay with the house…but somehow the in laws might be part of this equation…no more making storm-babies…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org