BIG QUESTION

I plan to evacushame the sheet out of a bunch of you as soon as I find out which play was right

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

I feel bad for people still sitting in d’town Charleston. Place is going to be underwater.

They are too busy making fun of all of the "yankees" that evacuated...
while you mock them for staying. How is it any different?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I'm not mocking people for staying. I'm mocking people for thinking it's only "yankees" that left. Does that answer your question?
Who said only Yankees left?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Sorry, only Yankees and people from Ohio!

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

I plan to evacushame the sheet out of a bunch of you as soon as I find out which play was right

:smiley:

That had me laughing.

quote:

Who said only Yankees and people from Ohio?

quote:
quote:

Who said only Yankees and people from Ohio?

Turn on your facebooks man!
quote:

My first post was “I feel it… It’s coming”…

You called me insecure… I asked if it was you that was really insecure… How is that “off topic”?

Yeah, I’m the only one acting this way. Again, that’s not true… Plug your tv in… Plug your facebook in… The professionals including the governor, national weather center, local forecasters, mayor, police chief have all asked people to evacuate. Maybe it’s the “stayers” that should take THAT as a sign…

Again, I have an 11 month old and a 2 year old and they are not old enough to understand the implications of staying behind in a hurricane, so I’m just going to play the conservative route and listen to the talking heads since my children do not have a say-so in how I treat their safety.

So, you can call it “insecure” all you want, but the facts are in my favor, not yours…

It’s got nothing to do with “insecurity” as you so have misidentified it. It has to do with responsibility.

Never lost power on the Pleasant side of town.

Man, this reading is as good as the debate last night! Glad everyone made it tru the storm with out loss of life! God bless!!

quote:

Never lost power on the Pleasant side of town.

Good for you.

In a game of Russian Roulette, there is a 5 in 6 chance (83%) that you will NOT blow your brains out. If you take those odds and “win”, it doesn’t mean you “made a good choice” to play. It just means that the odds were in your favor and you happened to come out on top.

Why are you trying to shame me for staying?

quote:

Why are you trying to shame me for staying?

I'm just having a discussion. Why are you being so sensitive?

I think you are being sensitive. I understand leaving and haven’t shamed anyone for it. I even sent my best gal and dog to Chapin Friday afternoon. If you want to discuss statistics and me playing Russian roulette, think about how easily you can have been in a car crash with everyone evacuating, some at high rates of speed. I bet more people die in car accidents each year than from Hurricanes. Just a discussion topic

A quick Google search tells me 1.3 million people die in car accidents in the us each year and 10,000 people die worldwide in tropical storms.

quote:

I think you are being sensitive. I understand leaving and haven’t shamed anyone for it. I even sent my best gal and dog to Chapin Friday afternoon. If you want to discuss statistics and me playing Russian roulette, think about how easily you can have been in a car crash with everyone evacuating, some at high rates of speed. I bet more people die in car accidents each year than from Hurricanes. Just a discussion topic

I've never been in a car crash. I'm a really good driver.

But since you asked, Hurricane Katrina deaths:
1577 in Louisiana and 238 in Mississippi.

1.5 million people evacuated and about 150,000-200,000 people stayed behind.

So basically 1 in every 100 people who stayed behind died.

quote:

A quick Google search tells me 1.3 million people die in car accidents in the us each year and 10,000 people die worldwide in tropical storms.

Two things: 1) There aren't hurricanes 365 days a year. So, if you want to find out which is more dangerous, then you would need to look at death toll over the same time period of time (hours????). 2) Most states run coastal evacuations. So, millions of people are moved out of harm's way which influences these statistics. You would have to normalize your statistics to a "non evacuation" scenario.

He can’t read a coaching contract; he ain’t gonna git that!

quote:
quote:

Two things: 1) There aren't hurricanes 365 days a year. So, if you want to find out which is more dangerous, then you would need to look at death toll over the same time period of time (hours????). 2) Most states run coastal evacuations. So, millions of people are moved out of harm's way which influences these statistics. You would have to normalize your statistics to a "non evacuation" scenario.
ok we can use 1/4 of the driving deaths against the worldwide total.

What significance does 1/4th have?

Hurricane season is 4 months. It’s really longer but why split hairs.

quote:

Hurricane season is 4 months. It’s really longer but why split hairs.

That would be 1/3, lol

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat