BIG TROUT - UDC - 10/23/12

Didn’t realize I need to keep my fish to be a ‘real’ fisherman. For all the money you spent for your two or three fish you could have just gone out and bought some at the store. What’s that you say? It’s not just about having fish in the fry pan? Oh, so I shouldn’t be able to enjoy fishing just because I’m not taking the fish home with me? pffft to that… holier than thou attitude achieved

Keep in mind you sound like a hypocrite when you complain about being told what you can and can’t do while telling others what they should’t be doing.

To the OP: please continue to post, just because I don’t keep fish doesn’t mean I think you or your client shouldn’t keep legal fish. I’m sure you have a better understanding of sustainability than most, but I’d be willing to bet if you told all your clients what legal fish they could or couldn’t keep you’d have as many people fishing with you as I do. Good luck with that business plan right?

2004 Action Craft 1820
Flats Master SE

Maybe we should all just stick to fishing in a pond.

this wind has been brutal

quote:
Originally posted by coosawkane
quote:
Originally posted by toppyblue
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
Originally posted by toppyblue

The limits have no relation to population

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

if not then how do you suggest limits be established?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

THIS is the full quote--"Looks to me like there are at least 100 times more reds than flounder or trout out there!! The limits have no relation to population!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then why are the limits like they are?????"""

Increase the red limit and decrease the flounder and trout limits would seem the direction to go. But I believe that the migrations of trout and flounder makes this more complicated.I have no definitive reccomendation on establishing new trout and flounder limits.Stopping the raping by gigging might help with flounder.I really do not know about these two species.
I do have reccomendations about reds.

1.Bull reds school off the coast and school up to lay eggs and are easy prey for off and near shore raping…restrictions here are most effective for preserving populations.
2. I believe that Texas and Florida have red nurseries.Seems like s.c. sportsmen would look into these programs for consideration.

3.Here are my red limit reccomendations:
a.Limit to 6 fish between 12 and 27 inches - This limit applies to keeping a

From my observations on UDC threads it seems that when he fishes, if it’s legal, it’s dead. Maybe that is the point Capt Fritz was trying to make?

With rates so low, now may be the perfect time to refinance or purchase your dream home. If you are thinking about home financing give me a ring!</font id=“blue”>

Heather Leman
Direct: 843-343-8169
NMLS# 279616
hleman@primelending.com
www.shakeyourbouy.com

quote:
Originally posted by ladyshrimpkilla

From my observations on UDC threads it seems that when he fishes, if it’s legal, it’s dead. Maybe that is the point Capt Fritz was trying to make?

With rates so low, now may be the perfect time to refinance or purchase your dream home. If you are thinking about home financing give me a ring!</font id=“blue”>

Heather Leman
Direct: 843-343-8169
NMLS# 279616
hleman@primelending.com
www.shakeyourbouy.com

Oh crap…

“Good things come to those who bait”

I’ve fished with a few different guides in the Charleston area, even some that have posted on this topic, and while I’m a firm believer in conservation, the idea of “catch and release only” was never discussed prior to catching a fish. I think it should be explained to the clientel while booking. It might persuade some of us “weekend warriors” to chose a different guide, if we wanted a mess of fresh fish for the skillet. JMH.O2

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same!!!

Just got a new camera. Will a guide take me to catch some bonefish (not edible) so I can take some pictures of them? Please ?

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

Who says bonefish aren’t edible?

Nothing better to read than a bunch of butthurt men fighting over the internet about fishing.
Here’s my 2 cents

1. fish are fine to keep, as long as it’s within the limit I definitely see no problem with keeping it, that’s what fishing was originally made for, right?
  2. if you practice catch and release that’s great, I just say you keep it to yourself and feel good when you see that fish swim away, you don’t need to carry it to the internet, some people just like eating fresh fish
  3. I don’t like when people point out and say “well it would of been nice to see that fish swim away”, yes it would of but your just poking around asking for trouble, it’s the clients decision.
  4. Catch and release is great, and so is fresh fish, just ration out your fish intake and you will be the best of both worlds.
    not trying to create more trouble than we already have, just stating my opinion

I’m so salt life I sued google earth for giving away all of my fishing spot’s.

6000 reads and counting.

www.advoutdoors.com
“I have tomorrow open!”

there needs to be a like button on cf lol

19’ cc Mako
150 yammy
Bottomz up

Wait until my thread on Bait shrimping and the Clean water act and how the two are not on the same page

www.advoutdoors.com
“I have tomorrow open!”

wiull there be a like button then fritz?

19’ cc Mako
150 yammy
Bottomz up

There is a huuuuge difference between some guy paying a guide to fish once a year or two, and all of you that are lucky enough to live along the coast. Your 1 or 2 fish that you keep for a dinner here and there may be the same as a guide’s client that keeps his limit or less. Yes it’s ok to say catch and release is a good practice, but to chide someone that is conforming to the law is bulllll…schiiittt…Hell…he was 4 fish under the limit by my count. Some of ya’ll need to chill. Your pet fish is someone else’s dinner…ha

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Wait until my thread on Bait shrimping and the Clean water act and how the two are not on the same page

www.advoutdoors.com
“I have tomorrow open!”

Let’s hear it…

Sweeps week isn’t until after the election

www.advoutdoors.com
“I have tomorrow open!”

i like that one cooperriver!

19’ cc Mako
150 yammy
Bottomz up

man, great to see a lot of conservationists here but knock this crap off. i like seeing UDCs reports. he’s not killing everything. been withstanding this (**() thread enough and haven’t posted but good GOD. leave the man alone. i enjoy his posts! i don’t keep sh@t unless it’s a few decent sized sheep but i sure as hell won’t kick this guy in the nuts. there are plenty out there that need a good kick in the nuts and UDC’s not one of them.

look, maybe if you don’t agree then PM your thoughts to him so we all don’t see it. no need to do this where all can see (even if you’re a charter boat captain… not a hit on Fritz because I love seeing his posts too… just everyone in general). i’m sure someone will now say some smart ass remark in my response but it doesn’t matter because this doesn’t affect how i make my $$$.

Good job UDC and thanks for always posting and sharing. Maybe I’ll post some pics from yesterday, so I too, can feel the heat.:wink:

“The problem that infuriates you the most is the one you are meant to solve.”