Black church horror

This is another sad day in our countries history. Have to for the families of the people who were killed. Just going to church to worship god and the worst thing imaginable happens.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

I know living close to downtown, I feel better he’s been caught. What a terrible, terrible tragedy.

The media is notorious for pulling the race card, but sometimes you have to call it like it is. Yes, people are people, there shouldn’t be a distinction, but when a white guy goes into a black church, and guns them down while cursing them for their race, to deny it is racial is silly. The media didn’t make that up. Someone is allowed to be both mentally sick, and racist.

I guess the thought is "what's the point?" Why does race make it important? Why even give the gunman his glory?

From what we know so far, it sure smells like a “hate crime”, but honestly, does classifying it that way make it any better for the victims? To me, this kind of classification broods more hate and more hate crimes. Why add more fuel to the fire? Why would someone acknowledging help the situation? I can only see how it would make things worse.

Totally agree with skinnej here. It is silly to me to label murders as a hate crime. IMO, ALL murders involve some level of hate toward the people being murdered. It is also my opinion that ANYONE that has the ability to premeditate another person death is INSANE, period. Normal human emotions and characteristics keep most people from taking things that far.

The guy is a coward and a sorry excuse for a human being and will get what he deserves, whether that is here on Earth or in the afterlife. He is not the first nor will he be the last!

God bless the victims and God Bless Charleston i

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

https://twitter.com/hashtag/DylannRoof?src=hash

Only took people about a minute before they starting calling the Shelby cops racist for taking him alive as opposed to unarmed black men being shot by police.

The license plate on the front of his car is a Confederate States of America plate. Dad just bought him a .45 in April and he was arrested for trespassing at a church there. Probably wanted to do it then, but either couldn’t find anyone, or got scared. Little punk coward is gonna fry, but will likely be taken out prior to trial. In the south I doubt we will let another James Holmes scenario drag out.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Wow, that twitter feed shows exactly what is wrong with the handle "hate crime"... The media is destroying America.
quote:
quote:

I know living close to downtown, I feel better he’s been caught. What a terrible, terrible tragedy.

The media is notorious for pulling the race card, but sometimes you have to call it like it is. Yes, people are people, there shouldn’t be a distinction, but when a white guy goes into a black church, and guns them down while cursing them for their race, to deny it is racial is silly. The media didn’t make that up. Someone is allowed to be both mentally sick, and racist.

I guess the thought is "what's the point?" Why does race make it important? Why even give the gunman his glory?

From what we know so far, it sure smells like a “hate crime”, but honestly, does classifying it that way make it any better for the victims? To me, this kind of classification broods more hate and more hate crimes. Why add more fuel to the fire? Why would someone acknowledging help the situation? I can only see how it would make things worse.

As normal humans, we want to know why. How was this kid raised where this behavior was instilled in him? You can be born insane, but you have to have that type of hate infused into you by others. As long as backwards people like that exist, then there will be a problem. He was hateful towards a specific group of people, and insane enough to kill over it.

That being said, a hate crime is an actual definition. It’s not just us got dang liberals wanting to stir up the pot. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/civilrights/hate_crimes/overview Hate crimes are accounted for by the FBI.

quote:

As normal humans, we want to know why. How was this kid raised where this behavior was instilled in him? You can be born insane, but you have to have that type of hate infused into you by others. As long as backwards people like that exist, then there will be a problem. He was hateful towards a specific group of people, and insane enough to kill over it.

That being said, a hate crime is an actual definition. It’s not just us got dang liberals wanting to stir up the pot. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/civilrights/hate_crimes/overview Hate crimes are accounted for by the FBI.

I wonder how much of his hate came from social media discussions on facebook about the Walter Scott shooting, and coverage of other "hate crimes" on the news? That's all it is nowadays on facebook and twitter. People arguing over about white on black crime, and "white privilege". These discussions almost always end in animosity and loss of friendships. They aren't healthy and they are only promoting more hate, and what's worse is that people are agitating nutbags like this guy.

Like I said, I know why: 1) He’s an evil whack job (FIRE), and 2) His perception about what is happening in America right now is coming from mainstream media and social media (FUEL ON THE FIRE).

Father giving him a .45 in April = Gasoline on the Fire

Unfortunately, I wish they’d just bury his ass and focus on the victims. I do believe that glorifying the criminals in any mass shooting does present an opportunity for other bat-sh*t crazy people to find their 15 minutes of fame. That still doesn’t mean we should tip-toe around and not label an obvious hate crime a hate crime.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Father giving him a .45 in April = Gasoline on the Fire

I don't disagree with that. Never give a mentally handicapped kid a gun. But do you disagree with my statement about the media and the race baiters, constantly stirring the pot in America, being fuel on the fire too?
quote:

Unfortunately, I wish they’d just bury his ass and focus on the victims. I do believe that glorifying the criminals in any mass shooting does present an opportunity for other bat-sh*t crazy people to find their 15 minutes of fame. That still doesn’t mean we should tip-toe around and not label an obvious hate crime a hate crime.

Again, why does the "label" mean anything? Is the label of "murderer" not enough? When a psychopathic individual is involved, does it even matter what his motive is? In my mind it does not, the result is the same. A psychopath is a time bomb in society waiting to go off. All they need is a reason. Maybe it is racial, maybe it is political, maybe it is religious, maybe aliens told them to do it, maybe voices in their head, maybe they were bullied, etc. It doesn't really matter, because a psycho is going to find a reason to blow up. You can't rationalize what goes on in a broken mind. The *cause* was not "hate". That was the catalyst. The *cause* is that he is an evil whackjob. There are lots of people out there who hate, but that doesn't mean they are contemplating going on a massacre. It takes a whackjob to massacre innocent people. Period.

If this kid came out and said, “aliens” told him to do it, you would probably say, “What a nutjob!”. But the fact that he says his motivation is racist suddenly let’s you forget that he is a nutjob and you focus on the “white on black” aspect as if he was just some KKK member. And, then you get the social media fallout about tensions between whites and blacks.

“Innocent people were hurt because someone who wanted to inflict harm had no trouble getting a gun. Sometime as a country we?ll have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence doesn?t happen in other advanced counties. It doesn?t happen in other places with this frequency. It is within our power to do something about it.” - POTUS

Obama’s agenda can be added to the list of people/ideas benefitting from the tragedy. This POS would have done the same thing if he had a hard time getting a gun, or if he had to resort to a homemade bomb. All the liberal media sites have rally cries of “ban all guns”… It infuriates me but I know it’s useless to argue with them.

quote:

But which type of hate crime is it? Race or religion? The news media and other including our clown in chief will be the first to pull the race card. Maybe, just maybe its a crime against religion?

I call it a crime against humanity.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:

I’m predictable? I don’t think anyone here is suprised that you set your alarm clock early this morning so you could be the first to report on this topic. I’m curious as to who you think you are fooling?

To be fair, I posted a thread about the shootings a few minutes before this one. Why are you always so confrontational with people on this site?

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pitviper0404

I read somewhere that his father recently gave him a .45, but it wasn’t confirmed that this was the weapon used. The worst concern I have most of all is that this guy is still on the street… Until he is aprehended, no one is safe, regardless of skin color. I hope they get him soon!! In the meantime, thoughts and prayers go out to all involved!!

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

As poly ball pointed out, they caught him in NC.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article24856135.html

Yeah, I think they were reporting that about the time I was making the post…

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

I call it a crime against humanity.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Wisdom.

He didn’t say it was racist, he massacred black people in a black church while screaming racially charged excuses. I just choose not to hide from it.

That being said, I’m not going to argue with you for hours while you dissect whether or not the sky is blue. It obviously matters way more to you that it’s not labeled a hate crime than it does to me that it is. The fact is 9 families are grieving due to something terrible that happened extremely close to my home. Your next post will be the one where you win on this subject.

quote:
Wow, that twitter feed shows exactly what is wrong with the handle "hate crime"... The media is destroying America. [/quote]

Well that’s because Americans are dumb enough to fall for it each and every time!

quote:

He didn’t say it was racist, he massacred black people in a black church while screaming racially charged excuses. I just choose not to hide from it.

That being said, I’m not going to argue with you for hours while you dissect whether or not the sky is blue. It obviously matters way more to you that it’s not labeled a hate crime than it does to me that it is.

The fact is 9 families are grieving due to something terrible that happened extremely close to my home. Your next post will be the one where you win on this subject.

Is there a reason you are trying to make me look like a bad guy? All I am trying to do is point out that racial tension is caused by the media and posts like poly ball's always making it a "black vs white" thing. I'm trying to help. You are trying to add more fuel to the fire that needs to be extinguished.

Suddenly, you straw man to suggest that I am not being sensitive to the families? These families would not be grieving today if it weren’t for the racial tension caused by media coverage over the past couple of years. The type of coverage you are begging them to continue. Know that…

Your home? I live 5 minutes away from the scene, was born in Roper Hospital downtown, and was 4 blocks away from the incident last night. It’s my home too… And, I am getting to the point where I am disgusted by the race baiting… Sorry, can’t bite my tongue any longer.

I’ve got a long history on this website trying to turn the focus AWAY from race. What about you?

quote:
Originally posted by jamesblunt
quote:

Wow, that twitter feed shows exactly what is wrong with the handle “hate crime”… The media is destroying America.

Well that’s because Americans are dumb enough to fall for it each and every time!

I agree 100%.
quote:
quote:

That being said, I’m not going to argue with you for hours while you dissect whether or not the sky is blue. It obviously matters way more to you that it’s not labeled a hate crime than it does to me that it is.

The fact is 9 families are grieving due to something terrible that happened extremely close to my home. Your next post will be the one where you win on this subject.

Is there a reason you are trying to make me look like a bad guy? All I am trying to do is point out that racial tension is caused by the media and posts like poly ball's always making it a "black vs white" thing. I'm trying to help. You are trying to add more fuel to the fire that needs to be extinguished.

Suddenly, you straw man to suggest that I am not being sensitive to the families? These families would not be grieving today if it weren’t for the racial tension caused by media coverage over the past couple of years. The type of coverage you are begging them to continue. Know that…

Do you feel like the bad guy? I didn't imply you were being insensitive, just normally I'm willing to go 30 days of you picking apart everything for the fun of it, because we both like to argue. Seems inappropriate this time when I step back and think about it.