BUILDING A HOUSE: New Appliances

The BIGGEST P.O.S. appliances in my experiences are LG & Samsung !!!
:dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

quote:
Originally posted by Fishingpox

You better put a waterproof barrier with a drain under that fridge or you will be replacing flooring not long from now , a piece of junk

Do you have one? I've yet to see a review that aligns with what you are saying. The only negative reviews that I have seen are 1-2 people who can't seem to get the apps working... Otherwise, they seem to be rated pretty high in customer reviews.
quote:
Originally posted by 180 seapro

The BIGGEST P.O.S. appliances in my experiences are LG & Samsung !!!
:dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

I think I'm going with GE Profile for everything else in the kitchen, but we went with a 5 year warranty from Best Buy to mitigate any risk with the smart fridge. Best buy has the "fix or replace" mentality...

And the beautiful thing about the fridge is that they are super easy to replace…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

You better put a waterproof barrier with a drain under that fridge or you will be replacing flooring not long from now , a piece of junk

Do you have one? I've yet to see a review that aligns with what you are saying. The only negative reviews that I have seen are 1-2 people who can't seem to get the apps working... Otherwise, they seem to be rated pretty high in customer reviews.

They are to new to have many reviews . Most reviews are worthless , better put a drain pan under the dishwasher and washing machine too .

Samsung fridge with that same ice in the door stopped making ice after 2 years. 4 techs, $200 later, and nobody can get it to work. The last guy said, live without ice, or go buy another one.

I have a 12 year old Whirlpool that has been flawless. It will probably not be working when I get home now, but I will never buy a Samsung or LG appliance. Ever!

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
quote:
quote:

They are to new to have many reviews . Most reviews are worthless , better put a drain pan under the dishwasher and washing machine too .

I won't be taking delivery on it until probably Feb\March anyway, so I can always back out if needed.

Interesting about the drain pans. Can you hide them so they don’t look hideous?

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Samsung fridge with that same ice in the door stopped making ice after 2 years. 4 techs, $200 later, and nobody can get it to work. The last guy said, live without ice, or go buy another one.

I have a 12 year old Whirlpool that has been flawless. It will probably not be working when I get home now, but I will never buy a Samsung or LG appliance. Ever!

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Yeah, that's why I went with the BB warranty. Lots of stuff on a fridge that can break. If I get 5 years out of it, I've got my money's worth... It's hard to get 5 years worth out of a laptop nowadays... This is just a laptop that keeps your food cold :smiley:

Skineeej I made mine with a vinyl type material and used metal on some . It’s a bit of a pain but if you are careful and put a small lip at the front back far enough so it won’t be seen it will work . My daughter’s rental house had a leak on the fridge and renter didn’t tell them . It ruined some very expensive wood flooring and well cost came to $11,000 for repairs . Insurance estimate , but I save her a bunch doing a lot of the work .
I put a pan under her dishwasher after it leaked and just drilled a hole in the floor with wire mesh over hole to drain under the house if it leaked , haven’t got back to fix it proper .
Research what causes the most leaks in homes and the cost to repair . Going to get my teeth cleaned or I would tell you more , PM me if I can help . I have been in construction all my life , think I about seen it all . Later

quote:
If I get 5 years out of it, I've got my money's worth... It's hard to get 5 years worth out of a laptop nowadays...

5 Years:question: I expect 20 out of something like that. Our Kitchen Aid is now going on 21. Never had a service call. Everything still works :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Did they throw in the matching stainless cooler and stainless drain pan when it starts leaking? You can sit on the cooler with your food in it and look at the tablet in the door. Enjoy talking to the tech from Pakistan.

I’ve got a Samsung fridge that just swapped places with the Beer fridge in the Garage. Defrosted it several times, doesn’t cool the freezer, ice maker has never worked. Last diagnosis was the defrost heaters in the fridge and the freezer are not working. If the water isn’t freezing to the two coils it is leaking into the bottom of the fridge and the freeze compartments and then the floor. My dad is a retired GE Appliance tech. He said trash it and buy something else. I would guess you don’t see a lot of bad reviews because people just trash them and get something else. I miss the old appliances that were low on features that I didn’t need anyway, but just always worked.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Yeah, that's why I went with the BB warranty. Lots of stuff on a fridge that can break. If I get 5 years out of it, I've got my money's worth... It's hard to get 5 years worth out of a laptop nowadays... This is just a laptop that keeps your food cold :smiley:

I can see It now, “My refrigerator doesn’t work anymore, it got a virus and started defrosting the freezer, freezing the refridgerator, and keeps posting pictures of me in my underwear on snapchat!”:smiley:

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

“My fridge got hacked by the North Koreans, that’s why my diet failed.”

There could be some good ones from this…

Yeah, it’s really weird… Plugged it in and this keeps coming up:

Thats got to be the greatest invention since the spork.

We built 1.5 years ago. We went with the GE Monogram series and have been very happy. The only item we changed was the GE Monogram refrigerator…we swapped it out with the GE Café series 27.8 cu ft (we are a family of 3).

As far as lighting and ceiling fans…after years of having Hunter and Harbor Breeze(I believe Lowes brand) we went with Kichler. I am very impressed with the ceiling fans and how quiet they are.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Key West 1720

Emerson makes a great fan as well. I have an outdoor model that has been on a back porch going on 10 years.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Emerson makes a great fan as well.

Yes they do. We had one in our last house, had it for 18 years and it was still working well when we sold the house.

Don’t know if they still make them that good though.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

They do as long as you buy the premium motor. It’s a “stack” design and made for high use. Should last many years without noise or issues. I believe it’s the K55XL motor. Next house will have fans with that motor all over.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I think that some of the motors for different brands are made in the same factory. I say this because we have 5 Casablanca fans outside and 5 Hunters inside. Had a blade and a mounting bracket get trashed by a broom handle on an outside fan a while back, looked for a new blade and mounting bracket on the net, no joy. Not available. So we just shut it off.

A couple of months ago the motor went bad in an inside Hunter. 20 years, it was time I reckon. First one to quit. On a WAG and a chance we took a blade and bracket off it and tried it on the outside Casablanca, and it fit perfect, had the same screw pattern and shape exactly. Swapped out the blade and flipped the switch, wobble, wobble, wobble. So replaced all 5 blades and brackets on the Casablanca with the Hunter blades, runs smooth as silk :smiley:

Edit: This was my wife’s idea and I didn’t think it would work, but she was right and I was wrong, again[:I]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper