Cabin Fever broken 1/21

On the beach around 10:30, high tide falling. Didn’t expect to get many bites. Only a few small hits,more than likely crab pulls, and one Red. Didn’t see any floating fish :smiley:.

Nice fish! Lucky i didnt get a single bite was out there for 4 hours today on n folly. I harvested some oysters of the rocks going to try and use those tommorow on pier. What kind of bait you using this time of year?

Great to see you guys out. Keep us posted.

Can’t catch fish if your line isn’t in the water.:smiley:

BH

Most trips this time of year are slow. But fish still gotta eat.
Fresh shrimp always.

Ive never caught anything on shrimp as i can never cast it wthout it falling off the hook. But i will stop by crobys next in a couple days and get some fresh shrimp. If i dont get a fish im asking you for a refund parker

When I say fresh, I’m talking people shrimp not that crap “bait” stuff. Medium Shrimp, cut in half, or thirds if the bite is hot. Use a small hook…okay little. Leaving the shell on, run the hook through twice…bury the point, shrimp is pretty soft. I usually put the shrimp in the freezer 3-4 hours before hand to firm them up some.

VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING WILL EAT SHRIMP

Ima try it that exact way this week i have that exact same size hook too.

Nice January red Mr. Parker:smiley: Cabin fever in full swing over here. All my reels are in Tulsa Oklahoma getting some cleaning and work done while it’s slow. I did get the chance to spin a few reels at the Haddrels saltwater expo yesterday. It will have to do for now. I’m a rebel without a cause.

Nice fish…not sure how you caught it without me being out there chasing them your way!!! You have no idea how I miss living down there!!! Hope to make it down soon though…regards to your photographer!!!

I agree with the photography, real nice.
In fact, I sent the photo of your palm to a reader I know and it looks like warmer weather is in your future.
She hasn’t been wrong yet.

Can you tell me how you guys get those rod holders in?
I’m from softer sand.

“No… it’s okay, I know the way out…”

Sunbums. I am new to surf fishing here as well. Just started last year. I was using the pvc sand spikes and hamering them in with rubber mallet. Well eventually they all broke. Now i use the aluminium spikes and i just rock them back and forth into the sand very easy to do with one hand as well. Hamds down one of the best expenses that has made my surf fishing more enjoyable.

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/marathon-50-aluminum-sand-spike-rod-holder-16manu50lmsndspkxfac/16manu50lmsndspkxfac

Thanks Stevo, I saw some overbuilt ones at the expo last weekend.
Almost considering a small, (so no one sees me), drill thing.

If you place your sand spikes in the wet sand push them in as far as you can, even twisting them. Then place your mouth on the end and suck, the spike will sink another 6 inches or so. Sounds crazy but it works.

I tried that before. Even with my wife there with me i still felt like people were questioning me lol. Never again

quote:
Originally posted by Stevo291sc

I tried that before. Even with my wife there with me i still felt like people were questioning me lol. Never again

Tell them its a new way for collecting sand fleas. :smiley:
O just use the sand spikr to dig out the sand about 6 in them push it in as far as i can get then back fill it.

Walkman is there anyway you could upload a video of your sandspike technique?

Capt. R. Killin
21 Contender “No Slack”

quote:
Originally posted by killinR

Walkman is there anyway you could upload a video of your sandspike technique?

Capt. R. Killin
21 Contender “No Slack”

Are you being funny? Or do you just want to see me look silly sucking on a sandspike

You know?
I’m thinking that Peapod does not monitor this section…

quote:
Originally posted by sunbums

You know?
I’m thinking that Peapod does not monitor this section…

I believe it was PeePad and Bonzo that were in the hot tub discussing how 40 IQ uses his head to pound in those “sand spikes”.

Mdaddy your a lame.