Cool stuff around our world

You’re a nuisance, Bib.

Every self respecting person on this site noes it.

Please find another sight to trash!

Thanks, Scott

Y’all are doing the trashing. Administration is removing your trash . We can work on this one if you want.

Nobody noes what the noes, noes. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

You’re never too old to learn to fly. Todd Givens gives flight instruction in taildraggers. He has his own strip near Sniders. Most of his primary instruction I think is in a Luscombe 8? I hear that they’re kinda squirrelly. (I don’t know if that’s totally true.) I think maybe the heel brakes are kinda tricky to get used to. Cessna 172’s are the best to learn in and fly in. Tailwheels on the other hand make you more precise in taking off and landing.

You couldn’t pay me enough to fly in one of them stump jumpers. Flue from 29 palms to Las Vegas. And halfway back. Coming back from Vegas lost oil pressure and could smell oil burning. He landed the plane out the middle of nowhere. It had a oil pressure gauge like a car with the little oil line. It was leaking. When we went to take off maybe 30 mph. The front tire went in a hole and everything broke off. The plane stood up on its nose turned halfway around and fell over upside down.
About an hour or so a Coast guard helicopter showed up. Yes the Coast guard. They hovered about 15 ft off the ground and threw a case of C rats and a case of water. I still have a can of that water. Gray can says emergency drinking water. Couple hours later 2 chopper showed up. Questioned and filled out statements and then they finally took us back. Oh yeah and my buddy only soloed a couple months prior to our adventure.

Fripp do you remember the old lawn mower that he used as a “tug”? I helped rebuild, paint and rewire it. Never went out of state with him, but I remember him making his flight plan I think to Texas. Said they had the best apple pie. On the 172, I believe most all that are into flying will say the same on it being the best / easiest to learn in.

I believe I do remember the mower/tug. A P210 is a kinda heavy airplane to push or pull. I remember too that Larry poured concrete in his hanger to form sort of channels or raceways for the undercarriage tires to roll in in order to keep the plane lined up in the hanger and avoid hanger rash. The 210 had a pretty good wingspan and was a close fit in the hanger.

All the Cessna high wings(150,152, 172) practically fly themselves. Not much payload in the 150/152 or 120/140 with full fuel in the summertime though.

Did he even have his certificate yet, to be carrying passengers? He shoulda walked the field before takeoff to look for holes and obstructions. If it was a 150/152 or maybe even a 172 a proper soft/rough field takeoff the nose wheel should have been coming off or off the ground some at 30 indicated.

I have no idea what kind of plane it was. It had to Wing on the top.
I can’t remember if he walked it or not. but it was more of a dip than a hole.
We had to go to civilian liaison 3 or 4 times for interviews and reports.

Run to the sun car show in Myrtle Beach today and tomorrow. Probably a 1000 cars out here.

Summertime flying adventure. Shows effects of fully fueled 150 with two occupants trying to take off in 90 degree weather, probably humid(density altitude) and eating’ taters and rice all your life…jokes aside, occupants didn’t need to be overweight to overload plane. Bad judgement.
One source of learning is from other peoples’ accidents

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/ReportGeneratorFile.ashx?EventID=20020821X01444&AKey=1&RType=HTML&IType=FA

"Analysis
The single-engine airplane impacted terrain following a loss of control during takeoff. Witnesses, who observed the airplane on takeoff, indicated the airplane was in an nose-high pitch attitude prior to seeing the wings drop in a stall. One witness located on the ground described seeing an excessive amount of the top surface of the wing during the takeoff. The weather at the time of departure consisted of a 10- to 15-knot crosswind. Based on investigator’s calculations, the private pilot flew the airplane with a gross weight that exceeded the aircraft’s limitations. There was no indication that the pilot conducted a preflight calculation of the aircraft’s weight and balance. No anomalies were noted with the airplane or engine during the post-accident examination that would have prevented its operation. The pilot did not hold a current medical certificate for eight years prior to the accident.

Probable Cause and Findings
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident to be:
the pilot’s failure to maintain an adequate airspeed during takeoff, which resulted in an inadvertent stall. A contributing factor was the pilot’s decision to takeoff in an over gross weight condition."
According to the airplane owner, the pilot was interested in purchasing the accident airplane. The owner maintained and hangared the airplane at the local fixed base operator (FBO). On the day of the accident, the pilot asked the owner of the FBO if he could test fly the airplane. The owner of the FBO told the pilot he could not because it was not insured. The pilot then approached the son of the FBO owner and asked if he would fly the airplane with him. The FBO owner’s son said no because the airplane was fully fueled and the two of them would be too heavy for the airplane. The son did indicate that the pilot could taxi the airplane around to see if everything worked properly. The son then left the pilot, and the pilot and a passenger took the airplane.

Several years ago a small plane crashed at the end of the road by my neighborhood. Grandfather grandmother and granddaughter.
I was outside working on the lights of my boat. I heard the plane it sounded like it was accelerating. Then all of a sudden a big boom and fireball. Felt the ground shake. News reported that he was not instrument certified and flew the plane straight into the ground.
After going to the crash site and chasing everyone away so that fire trucks and all could get in. Went back to work on the boat. I was gone some sob stole my dewalt drill off of my boat.

are you kidding me!! that’s the BS world we live in now-a-days i guess.

You need to move to the country and grow some peaches.

I’ve never been a football fan.

But

Butt, where’s the tight end? Oh snap!

Today would have been the gunny’s birthday.
R. Lee Ermey,

The Largest Farm in the Entire World Is Bigger Than 11 U.S. States! (msn.com)

1,000-year-old Native American canoe brought to the lake’s surface (wbtv.com)

1 Like