Does clemson need to worry?

About the Gamecocks? They {the gamecocks} just beat what was considered an SEC powerhouse. We all know the SEC is a superior conference. How does this play on the Tigers minds?

Depends on if the refs from the FSU game make the trip up to Clemson.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Powerhouse? That’s funny

Yeah 5-3 and losing to the dirt peckers. Some powerhouse.

Clemson was able to disappoint FSU fans, Louisville fans and South Carolina fans tonight. https://t.co/lH0WzpKs9g

“Living’s mostly wasting time and I’ll waste my share of mine”

Yes they need to stay focused of the game and not look ahead to VT/UNC in the ACCCG.

But Tennessee is all hype and super depleted by injury. Thought I would like to see the coots miss bowl season it’s probably better for Clemson that the Vols were embarrassed. We still need to steal a few recruits from up there.

First, Most, Biggest

No need to worry, Clemson spanked USC last season…when we were about the worst in the SEC and they were the best in the ACC…by 5 points…

so there’s that.

Clemson’s luck will indeed run out I predict. Congrats on a quality win though.

Yeah, by that logic, El Cid and Clemson were pretty close to the same level last year.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

No need to worry, Clemson spanked USC last season…when we were about the worst in the SEC and they were the best in the ACC…by 5 points…

so there’s that.

quote:

so there’s that.

Clemson's luck will indeed run out I predict. Congrats on a quality win though.

I hope so, this run of bad luck is tough on us Clemson fans. Hopefully they can keep the hammer down on the rest of these opponents, instead of doing something stupid and letting teams get back in the game.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by RADDADDY

Yeah, by that logic, El Cid and Clemson were pretty close to the same level last year.

quote:

so there’s that.

Clemson and the Citadel played about the same level at Williams Brice last year…seriously.

I wonder if South Carolina will ever get to a place where you are expected to win every week and beat the dog doo out of every “inferior” opponent? I know it’s not easy to relate, but it’s tough being at the top.

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin
quote:

so there’s that.

I hope so, this run of bad luck is tough on us Clemson fans. Hopefully they can keep the hammer down on the rest of these opponents, instead of doing something stupid and letting teams get back in the game.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
quote:

quote:

so there’s that.

Clemson and the Citadel played about the same level at Williams Brice last year…seriously.

Which is a testament to just how far apart USC and Clemson really are. Hard to get up for a Saturday practice at Billy Brice.

“Living’s mostly wasting time and I’ll waste my share of mine”

quote:

I wonder if South Carolina will ever get to a place where you are expected to win every week and beat the dog doo out of every “inferior” opponent? I know it’s not easy to relate, but it’s tough being at the top.

quote:
quote:

so there’s that.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Like Troy and NC State.

We were there…three years ago. But the wheels have come off since. Horrible season last year, this year there’s a possible chance at getting to a bowl, so that’s an improvement. I think we’ll be much more competitive in 2017 if we can really start to develop some of this freshman talent we have.

Hopefully Clemson can find someone to replace Watson; those are HUGE shoes to fill.

Exactly my point, but on another note, SC wants no part of Troy; I can assure you of that.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8
quote:

quote:
quote:

so there’s that.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Like Troy and NC State.

This is the funniest post I have seen in a while. There is zero comparison. Averaging being in the top 15 versus staying undefeated in 2 regular seasons plus being ranked in the top 4 nationally for 15+ weeks are 2 different things. SC didn’t have nearly as big a target on their back. Being good and being great are not the same, and yes, DW is a major reason, and CU fans need to enjoy it because wait until next year’s frustration of breaking in a new QB… It will be TOUGH.

quote:

We were there…three years ago. But the wheels have come off since. Horrible season last year, this year there’s a possible chance at getting to a bowl, so that’s an improvement. I think we’ll be much more competitive in 2017 if we can really start to develop some of this freshman talent we have.

Hopefully Clemson can find someone to replace Watson; those are HUGE shoes to fill.

quote:

quote:
quote:

so there’s that.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

From 2011-2013, SC was 33-6. Clemson was 32-8. I’d say that’s pretty comparable…

But today, yes today, there is no comparison.

He wasn’t comparing CU to USC today. He was comparing CU today to USC ever. Not sure how you missed that.

It’s easy to criticize when your team has never been on this level or had these expectations. Not to mention a top draft pick who is already thinking about his career now that he is done with school. Can you imagine being DW4? I couldn’t. Kid could go out and lose 2 out of the next 4 and it wouldn’t change how I feel about him 1 ounce. Kid is a superstar, and great guy with a good head and phenomenal abilities. Wishing him all that he dreams comes true.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

23, I expect more out of you than this. As Geronimo said, I wasn’t comparing CU and SC 2011-2013. Back then, SC was a good team as CU was, but SC was better; they were never in the NC picture though. I just said SC has NEVER been in the same position as a true NC front runner as CU has been for the past 2 years. Bama and Michigan have taken care of business better than CU this year, but CU is in an elite category in which SC has never seen. It is what it is. I think CU’s best game is still ahead, but even after poor play at times, CU is 8-0 against teams ranked as high as 5, 10, and 18, and FSU will surely move up. 2 of those wins were on the road. Again, SC has never been there before. You will be lucky if they (SC) ever gets to that point in your lifetime.

quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

so there’s that.

<hr height="1" n
quote:
Originally posted by Great White

Yes they need to stay focused of the game and not look ahead to VT/UNC in the ACCCG.

But Tennessee is all hype and super depleted by injury. Thought I would like to see the coots miss bowl season it’s probably better for Clemson that the Vols were embarrassed. We still need to steal a few recruits from up there.

First, Most, Biggest

I sure hope the team doesn’t look ahead, but I know I sure am. Just booked my Disney stay and bought my tickets to the ACCCG. Should be nice seeing Disney all decorated for Christmas with the family.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115