Does clemson need to worry?

I’m a fan of both schools. I’ve seen the “best” team lose this game before. It’s not unusual for underdogs to play the role of “spoiler” and win rivalry games. The Tigers have awesome talent and appear to be building a strong, sustainable program. The Gamecocks are in transition, but have the resources and fan base to get back on track. The Tennessee win was a big step in the right direction. The Tigers will not take this game for granted!

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

Fritz’s login is broken, but he texted me and asked me to post “Silly taters!” for him.

So there.

It’s ok 23, let the taters have their fun, it’s just going to hurt them that much more when they lose.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by RADDADDY

23, I expect more out of you than this. As Geronimo said, I wasn’t comparing CU and SC 2011-2013. Back then, SC was a good team as CU was, but SC was better; they were never in the NC picture though. I just said SC has NEVER been in the same position as a true NC front runner as CU has been for the past 2 years. Bama and Michigan have taken care of business better than CU this year, but CU is in an elite category in which SC has never seen. It is what it is. I think CU’s best game is still ahead, but even after poor play at times, CU is 8-0 against teams ranked as high as 5, 10, and 18, and FSU will surely move up. 2 of those wins were on the road. Again, SC has never been there before. You will be lucky if they (SC) ever gets to that point in your lifetime.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
Originally posted by RADDADDY

I wonder if South Carolina will ever get to a place where you are expected to win every week and beat the dog doo out of every “inferior” opponent? I know it’s not easy to relate, but it’s tough being at the top.

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

No need to worry, Clemson spanked USC last season…when we were about the worst in the SEC and they were the best in the ACC…by 5 points…

so there’s that.

Clemson's luck will indeed run out I predict. Con

You were barely better than CU 2 out 3 of those actual years in 2011-2013, but somehow, hypothetically, you are now as strong as our 2 undefeated seasons. This is some good stuff.

Smoke another one bro.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Do you actually read what you post?

Last years undefeated team… CU beat a 3 win team (that lost to the Citadel), BY 5 POINTS.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

Do you actually read what you post?

Last years undefeated team… CU beat a 3 win team (that lost to the Citadel), BY 5 POINTS.

This year, they will both agree to a running clock in the second half and 12 minute quarters.[:0]

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Carolina out scored Clemson in those three contest by a total of 92-47(15 point average margin of victory) with Clemson not being any closer than 2 scores when the final whistle blew in any of those games. I wouldn’t call that barley winning but I guess that term is a little relative.

It’s nice to see some chickens poking their heads out a little from the back of the coop after a HUGE win Saturday. Hopefully they keep it up, so things can get back to being fun on this forum as it has been the most boring since I joined. It’s getting pretty sad (but funny) though when you start hanging your hat on margins of defeat. Just like with Syracuse, NCSU, and UNC last year, the SC game was never in jeopardy because of huge leads earlier. When you get up 3-4 TDs, it’s like, YAWN. It’s nothing to be proud of as the best teams learn never to let up. To me, that is Saban’s biggest attribute.

Glad to see the Lamecock faithful have a pulse now. You all were looking pretty sad in the forum of late. It’s gonna make watching Boulware choke out your young QB even more appealing.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Glad to see the Lamecock faithful have a pulse now. You all were looking pretty sad in the forum of late. It’s gonna make watching Boulware choke out your young QB even more appealing.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

So you admit he is a dirty player?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Haven’t been hiding just continue to occasionally post on the sports, edisto and off topic as I have for the past decade or so. Kind of hard to hide as a Carolina fan when youre going to most every home game and have something garnet and black on about everything You own. Although I usually have to make one or two more calls to fill any extra seats that I have vs a few years ago.

And in regards to the question that started this thread Clemson has nothing to worry about vs Carolina this year unless they come out completely flat like they tend to on occasion.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

So you admit he is a dirty player?

No, Fishb8 told me football is a tough mans sport, and its just part of the game.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

So choking him out is apart of football?

D.J. Swearinger would have destroyed Bull$chitWear on the field… No comparison to the Beast Mode play and hits of Swagg…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWdDvwP6qaU

Choke out is a punk move…

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

D.J. Swearinger would have destroyed Bull$chitWear on the field… No comparison to the Beast Mode play and hits of Swagg…

RBF

What kind of football does RBF watch where linebackers and safeties destroy each other?

quote:

I have first hand knowledge that the person closest to the incident said it was “Just football”. I could be wrong though as he is hard to understand sometimes. Might have said “Bust my balls”

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

RBF

What kind of football does RBF watch where linebackers and safeties destroy each other?

Never said they would be on the field at the same time… Just that Swagg is 10 times more man than Bull$chitWear…

What’s next for Mr. Bull$chitWear… Scratching, clawing, biting in the pile… When Swag makes a hit there is a one man pile, just the dude laid out, and Swagg standing over him…

RBF

quote:

Ed

what goes on in that pile,stays in that pile. The kid really freaked out when he thought an actual oak tree fell on his throat.

DJ would be ejected out of half the games if the current rules were in place when he played. Notorious for hitting high and leading with his helmet.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115