DORIAN

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick
quote:
Originally posted by spec

Latest NHC track shows no SC landfall! God is great!

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

Amen.

As of the 1400 update, while the eye is not projected to make landfall in SC at this time, the coast will still see significant impact from the northern edge of the storm. Wind, rain and storm surge will most definitely still be an issue with this current track. Not out of the woods yet.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

Agreed! Here’s the latest Euro model, at next Wed. Sept. 4th…

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/ecmwf/2019083112/ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_5.png

Still way too much uncertainty to drop the ball yet!

Here’s the entire loop, for next Tuesday through Friday.

https://imgur.com/CDEvj0I

Not much room for error there!

The goes the shrimp! least of our worries! GOD bless all along the coast!

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

The goes the shrimp! least of our worries! GOD bless all along the coast!

Funny you say that. In-laws just caught a couple dozen off the dock. Nice ones. We we were just laughing about them going away if the storm hits.

I’m not betting on anything definite until it gets here. This thing has grown, intensified, zigged and zagged for the last 4 days.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Dorian is now a Cat5 with 160mph winds! Ya’ll please pray for those poor folks in the Bahamas who could not get out of the way of this thing.

Yes, this has been an emotional roller coaster. This storm holds hostage lots of lives and property. Please Pray!

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

175 mph sustained, with gusts over 200 mph. NHC and NWS have recently posted that cat 5s ignore traditional steering patterns, and make their own way? Dorian is still heading west, instead of north by now, as predicted by most models. Palm Beach has issued mandatory evacuations, starting at 1:00 pm. Hope they didn’t wait too late!

BREAKING:
CATASTROPHIC CAT 5 #HurricaneDorian HITTING #Abaco & #GrandBahama
Expected damage:

• Complete destruction of all structures not made of reinforced concrete or steel.
  • All plant life & vegetation stripped.
  • Complete destruction of electrical grid.
  • Islandwide Surge.

@TropicalTidbits
Pair of dropsondes measure a surface pressure of 921mb with a 14 kt and 16 kt winds, respectively. Adjusting, true pressure is 919-920mb. That’s an 8-9mb pressure fall in about 2 hours. #Dorian is undergoing quick intensification this morning.

Via 104.5 FM in the Bahamas: “A monster is coming. And it will kill you.”

But where do they go now?

Just got nastier, 180 sustained, 220 gusts

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

quote:
Originally posted by izzydone

Just got nastier, 180 sustained, 220 gusts

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

Yep! And -900mb now. And looks like some of the islands are completely submerged from storm surge.:roll_eyes:

Press conference in Bahamas just now!
NEMA

Warning people, and encouraging everyone to pray
Evacuations still underway
Calling upon residents to evac now it’s their last chance.
Smithtown and russelltown ordered to evacuate now
They are predicting that the grand bahama will be temporarily be split by flood waters and surge

NEW FORECAST MODEL: HWRF just came in…It expects a landfall of a major hurricane in Central or North Florida. #Dorian helps pump the ridge to its NE – meaning no escape route.

https://twitter.com/andrewwulfeck/status/1168248355354529793

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156537040878837&id=67959238836&sfnsn=mo

From a good source.

Beaufort and Charleston evacuations begin 12:00 PM tomorrow. This includes lane reversals for Hwy 278 and I-26.

So we are just now watching our BRILLIANT! QUICK WITTED Governor…notice I reversed my thinking of him NOW:smiley:…Reversing lanes on I26 on Monday…yeah tomorrow!!! REALLY? So who is leaving Monday??..oh the also mandatory evacuation for just about all coastal counties from Jasper to Horry…JEEZZ. It stormed really bad at my house today, Dorian must be frigggin’ GARGANTUAN!!!

Let me know when they say imminent, that means something to me. Potentially, Possibly, Maybe even Probably…I’m not holding my breath.

oops missed that:clown_face:

quote:
Originally posted by dparker677

So we are just now watching our BRILLIANT! QUICK WITTED Governor…notice I reversed my thinking of him NOW:smiley:…Reversing lanes on I26 on Monday…yeah tomorrow!!! REALLY? So who is leaving Monday??..oh the also mandatory evacuation for just about all coastal counties from Jasper to Horry…JEEZZ. It stormed really bad at my house today, Dorian must be frigggin’ GARGANTUAN!!!

Let me know when they say eminent, that means something to me. Potentially, Possibly, Maybe even Probably…I’m not holding my breath.

Eminent? At this point, no one knows. Better to err on the side of caution. Eminent=too late…Sorry

Hope you fare well…

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

From a good source.

Beaufort and Charleston evacuations begin 12:00 PM tomorrow. This includes lane reversals for Hwy 378 and I-26.

Thanks for the input, Dfreedom!

Big thing is get all the terrorists out of here and free up the roads.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.