DORIAN

Just arrived in Bft from Augusta. Was a little surprised to see how many folks were westbound, many pulling boats, this late on a sunday night. Getting ahead of the traffic I guess.

Needed to get here before they blocked us access tomm. (Ladys Island)Gonna hangout until we see what things look like up this way.

Be safe out there, Doug, and Thanks for the job ya do!!

NN

I drove in from eastern NC last night down 95 to 26 . Traffic was very light the whole trip. After getting on I26 I was surprised to see so many trailered boats headed east toward Charleston SC . Seemed like they would be going the other way. I heard about the evacuation and lane reversal at 11 pm last nite. Its just too dang early. Today the people will be getting their property ready and noon today will be the worst time possible to create a totally unnecessary traffic mess. But then too I saw McMasters wearing hushpuppies. Real men don’t do that. He must get his weather advise from the boy that cried wolf on channel 5. the storm is still far away but kinda wicked. Everybody be safe and get your property ready .

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

From a good source.

Beaufort and Charleston evacuations begin 12:00 PM tomorrow. This includes lane reversals for Hwy 278 and I-26.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

It’s for sure and mandatory. If anyone want’s to know there zone go to scemd.org https://scemd.org/ Lot’s of good info and current info on Dorian.

Lot’s of unknowns, praying this thing makes a hard right. Going for a bit more gas and looking the yard over for loose objects.

big problem is the lack of full communication

to do the lane reversal at noon they started blocking east bound travel at 5 am, that means that folks that were out of town for the weekend have a tough time getting to the coast to prep their house, repack and leave

check Google maps and one can see the mess, they want to divert everyone to 176, it’s not designed for that and will be a parking lot

Pioneer 197SF

Y’all stay safe and keep your families safe. Remember, if the worst-case scenario does occur, at some point you won’t be able to leave and DFreedom won’t be able to rescue you. If you feel like you have to stay, at least send the women and children to higher ground, and be as prepared as you can be. Dorian looks like a nasty one.

Of course it’s my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?

The most recent from the state climatologist:

The forecast scenario has changed very little over night. Dorian remains nearly stationary over the Bahamas for the next 24-36 hours over the Bahamas. Dorian weakens slooowly to a 140 mph hurricane due to shear aloft, and upwelling cooler waters below. Dorian takes a northerly track after lunch on Tuesday and parallels the Florida coast, slowly weakening further, at 7-8 mph reaching a point 100 miles south of Charleston by 2 AM Thursday. A turn to the northeast ensues. Models have been very good agreement with the northeast turn and Dorian’s intensity weakening as it plods north.
On Thursday, Dorian parallels the SC coast with the center of circulation 50-60 miles offshore. Forecasted sustained winds will be 100 mph confined to the small eyewall offshore. The current offshore forecast track will easily put 40-70 mph winds over coastal counties on Thursday. 40 mph winds begin over Beaufort, Jasper and Colleton counties after 10 PM Wednesday. Coastal storm surge on the weaker side of Dorian will be roughly 4-6 feet. Rainfall amounts of 4-8 inches focused at the coast with lesser amounts inland. Dorian clears the SC coast for open Atlantic waters after 10 PM Thursday. The Prudent Mariner abides.

Thanks for that Dfreedom. Has just been dowgraded to a 4 lets hope is keep getting weaker and turns away from everyone

Thank you DF

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

From a good source.

Beaufort and Charleston evacuations begin 12:00 PM tomorrow. This includes lane reversals for Hwy 278 and I-26.

It’s for sure and mandatory. If anyone want’s to know there zone go to scemd.org https://scemd.org/ Lot’s of good info and current info on Dorian.

Lot’s of unknowns, praying this thing makes a hard right. Going for a bit more gas and looking the yard over for loose objects.

MANDITORY is a pile of bull crap. No Gov official can force anyone to leave their property

Don’t get your knickers is a twist, no one is going to try and make you leave. They used to have voluntary and mandatory and it made it sound like what it sounded like, voluntary you could go or stay, mandatory you had to leave. They did away with voluntary and just use mandatory even though it really isn’t mandatory. You can stay or go, no one will make you leave.

If you’ve ever been to Sea Spray marina in Elbow, I hope you remember what it looked like! Gone…

https://www.seasprayresort.com

quote:

Don’t get your knickers is a twist, no one is going to try and make you leave. They used to have voluntary and mandatory and it made it sound like what it sounded like, voluntary you could go or stay, mandatory you had to leave. They did away with voluntary and just use mandatory even though it really isn’t mandatory. You can stay or go, no one will make you leave.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?.

Then the language should be changed to what it really means. If it isn’t really mandatory , the government shouldn’t deceive or scare people.

I think when they say mandatory evacuation. Thay mean 911 will not come help you until everything subsides. The weather channel has all the rookies out there. No sign of Ed cantore so nothing to worry about.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy
quote:

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?.

Then the language should be changed to what it really means. If it isn’t really mandatory , the government shouldn’t deceive or scare people.

Natureboy, I’m with ya. To an extent. We have so many ignorant residents that are not like yourself and many others that would just stick around and try and sue our law officers for not helping them if they stayed. (all because of a woman burning her cootch on hot coffee)

I see the issue… You have a major potential for disaster. Me and you and a few others look at the map and think… hmmm this aint happening for a bit yet… Give us a day and we are out of here, others, oh so many others, need that three day leed and then some.

I sure wouldn’t want to be in our Governers’s shoes. Better safe than sorry.

This is just a statement, not intended for any one person. One thing about mandatory evacuations is, if things turn really bad, and you call for help no one is coming to help you.You were told to leave, and you didn’t. They are not going to risk the lives of others because you did not heed the advice to leave. One other thing, if you’re on public water and sewer, and you don’t have power, then more than likely the lift stations that pump the sewer does not either. So if you’re sewer starts backing up in your house, and sewer starts coming up in the streets and spilling in the storm drain that dumps into the rivers , no need to blame the water and sewer department. That’s another reason you were asked to leave, there’s a lot more to the puzzle than just telling everyone to leave.

I hope everyone can stay safe, and weather this storm with minimal loss. We can replace any material things, we can’t replace life or loved ones.

2017 NauticStar 2400 sport/ F200XB

quote:
Originally posted by Off the chain

I think when they say mandatory evacuation. Thay mean 911 will not come help you until everything subsides. The weather channel has all the rookies out there. No sign of Ed cantore so nothing to worry about.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Yep,when Ed shows up,it’s about to get serious.haha

my point remains. we should be able to trust the words of our leaders. Mandatory infers a requirement. The language should be correct (ed).

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

In the meantime, can you explain the difference between “your” and “you’re” to everyone else?

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

when I’m king/moderator, I’ll kill this unmitigated malarkey. this is the official Dorian thread. grammar cowboys go home

Don’t forget to capitalize the first letter of the first word after a period…

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson