Florence

That’s true. The “sky is falling” channel 5 had a driver on I 26 looking for heavy traffic. It took a while , but they found some moderate traffic near the 26-95 interchange. the 8 lanes were nearly empty most of the drive.

If a tree falls on a dog house they will take 50 photos and say they warned us!

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

That’s true. The “sky is falling” channel 5 had a driver on I 26 looking for heavy traffic. It took a while , but they found some moderate traffic near the 26-95 interchange. the 8 lanes were nearly empty most of the drive.

If a tree falls on a dog house they will take 50 photos and say they warned us!

NB you and all should look at the latest GFS model run (hit play button): https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/

https://weather.com/safety/hurricane/video/hurricane-warning-in-effect-along-north-carolina-coast?pl=pl-florence
Check model they run at end

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

New GFS & EURO models show NC landfall, stall, slowly drift down SC coast, then in at about HHI. The models constantly change, so maybe tomorrow morning will look better.

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

weather.com 5 day forecast. Charleston 54 mph winds on Saturday…

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Man,the DOT cameras look sad. Not even enough traffic for two lanes let alone 4.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Can you provide a working link? The ones I found aren’t working for me for some reason.

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Drove from Awd To Lexington yesterday afternoon and 26 westbound was extremely light traffic, was really weird having folks riding along side of me to my left over the median.

Hindsight, yes 26 lane reversal made way to early.

On the flip side I/20 around cola was a cluster w all the MB traffic, looked like a camper Jamboree on 1/20

quote:
Originally posted by StumpNocker
quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Man,the DOT cameras look sad. Not even enough traffic for two lanes let alone 4.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

https://www.511sc.org/

Can you provide a working link? The ones I found aren’t working for me for some reason.

Fishing Nerd

I was told there would be evacuation shaming. You people let me down again

We are leaving. Y’all be safe. Best wishes to everyone

“mr keys”

Edistobill, that’s the same ones I tried, they still aren’t working for me. Could be because of our work intranet, I’m not sure. I’ll check from home this afternoon. Thanks though!

Fishing Nerd

There is an app, SCDOT 511 that shows all the traffic cams

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Thank DF, I’ll try that!

Fishing Nerd

You guys were saying? 24 hours ago this storm could be “predicted within 20 miles”. Now, it’s hitting a different state.

Looks like it’s going to hit just shin length away from Charleston. If it’s ankle length by tonight, I hope you guys have a plan.

This storm is cougar hunting on approach to Dirty Myrtle.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Thanks for the laugh. :smiley:

Be interesting to know what they’ll say tomorrow night and how many more time the tracks will have changed.

quote:

There will be hookers and meth thrown everywhere.

To be fair, they still don’t have a clue where this thing is going. Either way, the flooding will be the real disaster. What we had in Columbia before might be nothing compared to what some places are about to get.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I just hope Rioz is spared. I love that place!

quote:

I just hope Rioz is spared. I love that place!

Had to google it. Sounds good. I know Brazil has the market on waxing, didn’t know they were so good with steaks.

Son and I were doing some Amazon searches, and I think we are going to pull the plug and order some Tomahawk Steaks.

Edit… After this storm passes. wouldn’t want them spoiled before delivery. :smiley: