Florence

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I just hope Rioz is spared. I love that place!

If it gets waxed (get it?), we have one in Cola, but that wont happen because a storm cant move that far.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

If it gets waxed (get it?), we have one in Cola, but that wont happen because a storm cant move that far.

The one in Myrtle is the best buy far
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

The one in Myrtle is the best buy far

Yes. Far and away.

quote:

You guys were saying? 24 hours ago this storm could be “predicted within 20 miles”. Now, it’s hitting a different state.

The landfall prediction was within 20 miles.

I have an urgent message from governor McMaster: “Please excuse me folks it appears I am suffering from premature evacuation”. Here we go with another storm completely blown out of proportion. Glad I didn’t board my windows up. Think I am going deep hole shrimping later.

Not necessarily a McMaster fan but, in his defense, he makes any such decisions based on what he is told by the “experts”. Any governor that has ever had to make such decisions relies on a host of experts in their field to advise him and provide their expert opinions. Your (()ed if you do, (()ed if you don’t. If you make a call and are right, you’re a hero, if you’re wrong, you’re a dumbazz.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

This wouldn’t have happened if Hurdich was here

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Not necessarily a McMaster fan but, in his defense, he makes any such decisions based on what he is told by the “experts”. Any governor that has ever had to make such decisions relies on a host of experts in their field to advise him and provide their expert opinions. Your (()ed if you do, (()ed if you don’t. If you make a call and are right, you’re a hero, if you’re wrong, you’re a dumbazz.

So many armchair Governors. People forget that the smartest thing to do sometimes is err on the side of caution.

Henny “BONZO” Penny started all the panic. The run on Miller Lite started the whole thing.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

quote:
quote:

So many armchair Governors. People forget that the smartest thing to do sometimes is err on the side of caution.

No Sir. I strongly disagree. The Governor reversed I 26 way too early and has caused shortages of essential items like food and fuel. People couldn’t get enough fuel to leave. He likely had advisors telling him to not act so quickly . The people could not justify the storm track predictions with the evacuation order.

We’ll agree to disagree because until you have to make such decision, it’s easy to be critical. I sit in the EOC and listen and my comments are based on facts, not emotions or the news.

quote:

We’ll agree to disagree because until you have to make such decision, it’s easy to be critical.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

I agree with you Doug. This storm is playing by its own rules. The Gov will be criticized for making the decision he did, but had it turned West or South on Weds would this even be a discussion? No.
I’m glad I’m not in his shoes. As mentioned, he was (()ed if he did and (()ed if he didn’t. The bottom line is it looks like we’ll all walk away from this thing relatively ok.
Having said that, I wish all you peeps in the midlands and upstate are prepared and ready.
Turn around, don’t drown.
If you’re going to drink all day, you have to start early.
No more Toto music please.
Bonzo out…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

[quote]Originally posted by Bonzo72
Having said that, I wish all you peeps in the midlands and upstate are prepared and ready.
Turn around, don’t drown.
He means a 180 folks. A 360 ain’t gonna help you.

If you’re going to drink all day, you have to start early.
Got that covered. Ask sman.

No more Toto music please.
Hold the line. Florence isn’t always on time. No more blessing the rains out of Africa, please.

7 out…

Both of yous needs to:

STOP

DROP

AND ROLL

You on fire!!!

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

yall some funny sombutchers…please be safe and continue to drink cheap beer…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

How did McMaster garner such immunity to critical review? How can Trump get some of this?

Poor kid.

http://www.wistv.com/story/39093218/mother-child-killed-after-tree-falls-on-wilmington-home

I understand that you must err on the side of caution. It’s not really the governors fault I get it that it takes time to evacuate disabled people, the elderly, etc. But Monday is waaaayyyyy to soon to be telling abled bodied people they need to evacuate and wipe out the grocery store shelves and clean out the gas pumps for a storm that may or may not hit us on Saturday. What they don’t realize is people like me who are self-employed, and my employees don’t get paid if we don’t work… Monday was too soon to shut down the city and schools.

Election year plus fear tactics equals over-reaction.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

How did McMaster garner such immunity to critical review? How can Trump get some of this?

that’s a good one… hey I agree, the plug was pulled way too early. But the man did what he thought was best from the facts he was given. Just imagine if this thing would have turned South. Mc Mastester did the best he could Natureboy, even though you and I may have done things differently… No need for you and I to arm chair this one. What’s done is done. Life’s may have been disrupted, but none were lost. Just look at N.C. and the dumb asses that stayed… Crying for 911 to bail them out after they refused help earlier.

I believe the evacuation was mostly for those that could afford to do it early… retirees and the elite. Many just can’t afford to lose work and spend a fortune on evacuation unless vital to survival, but then again most living on the coast in today’s high taxation areas can probably afford to move away for a week or two.

I’ll give it another couple of decades and the rich will have pushed most all other residents away from the areas that are so prone to coastal Hurricane damages. Ya’ll know… the areas that were given way back when to the freed slaves for compensation because back then no rich plantation owner enjoyed the coast and it’s terrible bug population. Hard facts but true, nonetheless. Ask Joseph P. Riley and what he has done to the poor along our coast:roll_eyes:. Look at every Coastal community and look back 50 years ago at the population and land value and now current tax rates. :smiley: